Tre Mitchell Commits to UMass

KDB

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched his highlights. He looks really out of shape...no lift..and pretty uncordinated from his videos. Either he has made a jump from the videos or I’m just not sure but I just don’t see this kid cutting it in the B1G. Even for his size he didn’t look strong in his legs. Not sure this kid can defend or get his shot off against the bigs we see. I agree we need more size but I’d rather see athletic 7’0 that can run and jump to alter shots.

46 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Watched his highlights. He looks really out of shape...no lift..and pretty uncordinated from his videos. Either he has made a jump from the videos or I’m just not sure but I just don’t see this kid cutting it in the B1G. Even for his size he didn’t look strong in his legs. Not sure this kid can defend or get his shot off against the bigs we see. I agree we need more size but I’d rather see athletic 7’0 that can run and jump to alter shots.

Those types do not come along very often.  When they do, they are 1 or 2 and done.  It's nice to have them, but they are rare.

If the staff is watching, I am ok with that.  If it leads to an offer, I trust the staff.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

They said he’s gotten in better shape over the last year and the most recent video is 7 months old. Also those 7 footers are high profile 5 stars or lower level recruits that have question marks. This class didn’t have a lot of 7 footers and the ones in it are all mostly committed somewhere by now.

6 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

What are you guys hearing or seeing? I thought people were saying that last night the team seemed unified?

fill me in...

My guess is they are looking at the fact that Forrester got a decent number of minutes and Moore got literally 3 seconds. Maybe I am off, but that is what I thought they were alluding to. 

8 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

My guess is they are looking at the fact that Forrester got a decent number of minutes and Moore got literally 3 seconds. Maybe I am off, but that is what I thought they were alluding to. 

Well I’ve read buried in certain threads that there are rumors that a couple might be sent packing after the season unless there’s a miraculous change of heart and attitude. That’s what I was reading between the lines when a couple said “the team is divided” and “we will be bringing in a 5 man class.”

Just now, BADGERVOL said:

Well I’ve read buried in certain threads that there are rumors that a couple might be sent packing after the season unless there’s a miraculous change of heart and attitude. That’s what I was reading between the lines when a couple said “the team is divided” and “we will be bringing in a 5 man class.”

I’ve seen that too, but I didn’t see anything last night that reinforced that so I went with the other theory. 

Romeo and Smith did jaw at each other once, but I didn’t think it was anything other than heat of the battle kind of stuff. Maybe that is what they were alluding to. 

Just now, Parakeet Jones said:

I’ve seen that too, but I didn’t see anything last night that reinforced that so I went with the other theory. 

Romeo and Smith did jaw at each other once, but I didn’t think it was anything other than heat of the battle kind of stuff. Maybe that is what they were alluding to. 

Something seems to be going on, whether it was “fixed” last night is yet to be seen but gosh I can’t explain that kind of a skid any way but there is/was division...serious division.

37 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

What are you guys hearing or seeing? I thought people were saying that last night the team seemed unified?

fill me in...

Oh the team did play together, best they have since first of the year....just what i noticed was who played and who didnt,with JM out ,i would have thought Moore would have played more.

10 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Oh the team did play together, best they have since first of the year....just what i noticed was who played and who didnt,with JM out ,i would have thought Moore would have played more.

I think Moore has been passed up in practice and with Davis coming back. My gut tells me he didn’t respond or perform well this last week. CAM did say that he was coaching harder this last week so that could have something to do with it. When he did get in last night he gave up an offensive rebound on a free throw. You can’t do that if you are out of the rotation and competing for playing time. 

Archived