Tre Mitchell Commits to UMass

KDB

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, IUDan93 said:

I want tough-minded players with high IQ and leadership qualities way more than a 5* athlete.  Didn't RMK say "Mental is to physical as 4 is to 1."?  

I want a 6’10” 255lb meat hook with a mad vertical who blocks shots rebounds and breaks necks with put back dunks on offensive rebounds and then eats their FLESH.

sorry...lost my composure for a moment there...

13 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

I want a 6’10” 255lb meat hook with a mad vertical who blocks shots rebounds and breaks necks with put back dunks on offensive rebounds and then eats their FLESH.

Why just one?  I think a minimum of two flesh-eaters is reasonable.

23 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

You just described Zion and LeBron.  They come around about once every 20 years.  

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

Name 3, nba or ncaa.  Greek freak is one.  Please add to my list.  

Purdue had two just last year and basically two this year with Haarms and Williams. I’m not looking for Karl Anthony Towns or something. Just give me some bigs like Fernando from Maryland or Hall at Alabama or heck Gaffeny at Arkansas. Maybe they all aren’t 7’0 but they are dang close but most importantly they own the lane and get you how many easy put backs and alleys oop dunks when guards penetrate and draw their man. Almost every team in the SEC and ACC has one and many of the B1G. I just hate being undersized is all. Especially in the B1G where the officiating let’s games be so dang physical.

14 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Purdue had two just last year and basically two this year with Haarms and Williams. I’m not looking for Karl Anthony Towns or something. Just give me some bigs like Fernando from Maryland or Hall at Alabama or heck Gaffeny at Arkansas. Maybe they all aren’t 7’0 but they are dang close but most importantly they own the lane and get you how many easy put backs and alleys oop dunks when guards penetrate and draw their man. Almost every team in the SEC and ACC has one and many of the B1G. I just hate being undersized is all. Especially in the B1G where the officiating let’s games be so dang physical.

This I agree with. TJD is closer to this size wise than people seem to think at 6’10 and around 235. I like that we are showing interest in Mitchell as he is similar in size to Williams at Purdue. 

3 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

You just described Zion and LeBron.  They come around about once every 20 years.  

I was having fun but no not even close. I said nothing about passing, ball handling, shooting, and much more. No I did not even close to describe Zion and LeBron so try again. What I described was Dean Garrett. 

Nice try spouting off.

42 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

very intrigued by this, I feel like we are somewhat late to the party for this kid and competing with Louisville, UConn, Notre Dame.  Then again Archie has a sense of what needs done and he is working on executing that plan. 

Back in the good old college days being late to the party worked out pretty well a few times. Not sure that it does in recruiting but in other ways it does. 😀

6 hours ago, ButlerHoosier said:

When was the last time we had a legitimate shot blocker that scared teams away from really wanting to drive the ball in the lane? I will say Juwan and Smith hold their own when it comes to blocking. I think Moore could turn into that. Hopefully Mitchell could turn into that type of player. 

The combo of Jared jeffries, Newton and that 7 foot center in that team in what was it 2010? That was a VERY good shot blocking TEAM, but a center with a big defensive prescense...been a long time.

8 hours ago, HoosierDom said:

He's not super tall, he's not super athletic, but he's still ranked 79th. He must be able to do something on the court. If we have a spot that isn't earmarked for Keon or Watford, then I'll take him.

Nick Ward and Xavier Tillman are both only 6'8".  Both arrived at MSU overweight and out of shape.  I think we'd have a spot for either one.

20 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

The combo of Jared jeffries, Newton and that 7 foot center in that team in what was it 2010? That was a VERY good shot blocking TEAM, but a center with a big defensive prescense...been a long time.

That was the '02 team and the 7 footer was George Leach. 

21 hours ago, CoachSS said:

Just a reminder before we get too ahead of ourselves and read tea leaves:

Indiana has not offered. They had one of their coaches watch him workout. They previously had seen him play and just watched a workout. 

Also, there's some back-and-forth on whether he is going to stay as a 2019 recruit or re-class back to being a 2020. 

This is an interesting space to follow. I don't know much about the player except for what the many others do. He's a low-post big that is comfortable with his back to the basket and looks like a decent athlete. 

Interested to see if anything comes from this or IU was just keeping tabs and watching. 

Well, you killed the thread.  😵

• 2 weeks later...

Archived