Iowa Pregame Thread

Realistically, this is a tournament game for IU.  They simply can't give away the momentum gained by beating MSU by turning around and losing to Iowa or OSU at home.  That said, I'm loving the De'Ron quote in the post at the beginning of the thread.  Keep that chip on the shoulder and I don't see us losing this one.  

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, cohete15 said:

"The league doesn't respect us, other coaches don't respect us."  - DeRon Davis

I think the rest of this year will be fun

Michigan State, even with a veteran coach, learned that the hard way.

Nick Ward was 100% startled in that game.  He had no idea what he was in for.  He clearly thought he was going to push around smaller IU guys, and Davis came in and bullied him.  

I mean, Davis came in there, looked for contact, banged, banged, banged, got a flummoxed Ward on his heels, and had a great touch to score. Like automatic.   Davis is the truth in the post. 

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Michigan State, even with a veteran coach, learned that the hard way.

Nick Ward was 100% startled in that game.  He had no idea what he was in for.  He clearly thought he was going to push around smaller IU guys, and Davis came in and bullied him.  

I mean, Davis came in there, looked for contact, banged, banged, banged, got a flummoxed Ward on his heels, and had a great touch to score. Like automatic.   Davis is the truth in the post. 

This is exactly why I'm hoping he returns next year. He has a value and a place in this team/rotation especially when B1G season hits. I can't wait to see him bang with Haarms 😂

1 hour ago, southsidehoosier said:

This is exactly why I'm hoping he returns next year. He has a value and a place in this team/rotation especially when B1G season hits. I can't wait to see him bang with Haarms 😂

Why would he not? I haven't heard a peep about De'Ron going anywhere. 

26 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

I didn’t think he was Mr basketball.

No. He was definitely not Mr. basketball.  I doubt he was runner up.

Correction: A distant second to Chris Wilkes:

Wilkes, who will play for another Mr. Basketball at UCLA in Steve Alford (New Castle, 1983), was named on 185 of the 445 ballots submitted by coaches and media. Castle’s Jack Nunge (Iowa) was second with 84 votes, followed by Fort Wayne Snider’s Malik Williams (Louisville) with 46 and Cloverdale’s Cooper Neese (Butler) with 45.

If we want to sniff 10 wins in conference play no way we can lose this one. I think Fouls said it on Tuesday. These are tourney games already...especially at home. With Wisconsin and Maryland picking up road wins again and now standing at 9 wins we have zero room for error for the games we should win. This is one of them. Wish it was an earlier start. 

Archived