Iowa Pregame Thread

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

If we want to sniff 10 wins in conference play no way we can lose this one. I think Fouls said it on Tuesday. These are tourney games already...especially at home. With Wisconsin and Maryland picking up road wins again and now standing at 9 wins we have zero room for error for the games we should win. This is one of them. Wish it was an earlier start. 

I like the late start, especially on a Thursday... Crowd will be nice and liquored up.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I like the late start, especially on a Thursday... Crowd will be nice and liquored up.

I think attendance will be very, very good.

I've been to pretty much every game this year...the early weekday games do not have the same buzz in the air...pun intended. It is a very subdued atmosphere despite pretty good attendance. Of course, the team hasn't given the crowd much to get loud about since January 3. Let that sink in. January 3. I think we've only played 2 home games since then anyway (which is absolutely ridiculous).

31 minutes ago, cohete15 said:

I think attendance will be very, very good.

I've been to pretty much every game this year...the early weekday games do not have the same buzz in the air...pun intended. It is a very subdued atmosphere despite pretty good attendance. Of course, the team hasn't given the crowd much to get loud about since January 3. Let that sink in. January 3. I think we've only played 2 home games since then anyway (which is absolutely ridiculous).

Hadn’t really considered how that 6 out of 8 game stretch on the road would affect the students... I would’ve been pissed if that had happened when I had season tix.  Fisch said the place was amped for the Michigan game before the 17-0 run... Hopefully the crowd brings that energy again.  With Iowa being ranked and coming off the win at MSU, I think they will.

18 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Just posting this here to give you something to talk about.

This could be why Keion is hesitant. Play the same position and have similar games. I think we could play both together but maybe he doesn't think he will see enough of the ball if he comes here.

Edit....I've been saying this about Jerome since we signed him. Just love his game from all the clips I've watched and reviews I've read.

31 minutes ago, cohete15 said:

Classic Dakich... In his rant a couple weeks ago, "Nobody knows if Jerome Hunter is any good". 

You've got that right !  Think Dak is doing a game in AH, tonight ?  What a duplicitous ,  sad and despicable former IU person he has become.

Archived