Crean Lands Anthony Edwards

CauseThatsMyDJ

You really got to think about it.  Crean has done pretty good developing kids for the NBA.  And that is what the kids are looking for these days.  Crean's style is conducive to the NBA, Mark Cuban said as much.  Hope he ends up with the Dawgs.

We know what we need to do. Wait for Jerry Meyer to see if he switches his pick before the submission deadline if there's such a thing. For a good guard, Crean's system can be one that's exciting to play for. AAU-style running up and down and basically you can spend most of your energy on offensive end. Kids can learn through countless mistakes because coach won't sit them on the bench. So for development purpose, Crean's system is very attractive; only thing is it doesn't always result in winning basketball. I wouldn't be surprised if the kid chooses UGA. 

On 2/5/2019 at 11:49 AM, addictedtoIU said:

We know what we need to do. Wait for Jerry Meyer to see if he switches his pick before the submission deadline if there's such a thing. For a good guard, Crean's system can be one that's exciting to play for. AAU-style running up and down and basically you can spend most of your energy on offensive end. Kids can learn through countless mistakes because coach won't sit them on the bench. So for development purpose, Crean's system is very attractive; only thing is it doesn't always result in winning basketball. I wouldn't be surprised if the kid chooses UGA. 

image.thumb.png.5e3a8002c30874a7b214f8d777b75f8f.png

#2 prospect in the country likely headed to Georgia. Snow and Daniels are also on Georgia.

29 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

And people were saying Crean would never get a power conference job again, lol.

A lot of people also have a ton of respect for Coach Crean.  It's just that IU is a tough nut to crack.  Said it before. And will say it again. Unlike one other coach who got fired from IU.... I have never heard one word of disrespect directed by Coach Crean towards IU.  Ton's of respect coming his way for that.  And wish him well going forward. 

18 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

A lot of people also have a ton of respect for Coach Crean.  It's just that IU is a tough nut to crack.  Said it before. And will say it again. Unlike one other coach who got fired from IU.... I have never heard one word of disrespect directed by Coach Crean towards IU.  Ton's of respect coming his way for that.  And wish him well going forward. 

I too wish CTC nothing but the best.  Always thought he was a class. individual even if a little strange.  His coaching ceiling was just simply less than what IU demands. Since he has moved to the SEC, I now have a team I can watch in that conference.  Nothing would give me more pleasure than to see CTC the perennial burr under Cal's Kentucky A@@ than for CTC to have success.  GO DOGS!

15 hours ago, btownqb said:

I still remember the day when official practices started the following fall after he got fired... he tweeted something along the lines of: he and his wife were wishing IUBB nothing but the best and to go get it. 

That takes a lot. 

As well as supporting the IUWBB team in the BTT. Class act in my book.  Hope he becomes the thorn in the Wildcat side.

Archived