Crean Lands Anthony Edwards

CauseThatsMyDJ

Nothing but respect for Crean a great pickup.  This kid will be a stud in the NBA barring any career ending injuries.  My wife and I sent a wedding invite to Coach and the team in 2016(married in Bloomington) and as expected they did not attend but Coach sent us a few goodies with a nice message from him and the team. 

2 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Nothing but respect for Crean a great pickup.  This kid will be a stud in the NBA barring any career ending injuries.  My wife and I sent a wedding invite to Coach and the team in 2016(married in Bloomington) and as expected they did not attend but Coach sent us a few goodies with a nice message from him and the team. 

Edwards said three things led him to choosing Crean and Georgia.

1. Wanted to stay in state.

and two of his most favorite players were both coached by Crean.

2. DeWayne Wade

3 . Victor Oladipo

4 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Edwards said three things led him to choosing Crean and Georgia.

1. Wanted to stay in state.

and two of his most favorite players were both coached by Crean.

2. DeWayne Wade

3 . Victor Oladipo

Setting aside the uneven successes of his college teams, you've got to give Crean credit for NBA development...lots of success stories in the NBA for Crean.  If I'm a kid wanting to play at the next level, Crean can make a very compelling case for success.

On 2/11/2019 at 8:40 PM, FKIM01 said:

Setting aside the uneven successes of his college teams, you've got to give Crean credit for NBA development...lots of success stories in the NBA for Crean.  If I'm a kid wanting to play at the next level, Crean can make a very compelling case for success.

I wonder if Crean were still coach at IU if Edwards would have come to IU,he said Wade and Oladipo were his favorite players, and who he tries to pattern his game after.

2 hours ago, HoosierJax said:

I wonder if Crean were still coach at IU if Edwards would have come to IU,he said Wade and Oladipo were his favorite players, and who he tries to pattern his game after.

He also said the importance of staying at home. No chance

i find it ironic that Crean couldn’t get a top 5 in-state prospect to stay home in year 9 at IU, but landed one in his first year at Georgia. The excitement of the unknown can intrigue prospects. 

26 minutes ago, DocHoosier said:

i find it ironic that Crean couldn’t get a top 5 in-state prospect to stay home in year 9 at IU, but landed one in his first year at Georgia. The excitement of the unknown can intrigue prospects. 

Well lets hope the excitement of the unknown intrigues Brooks, Lander,Furst,and anyone else at IU, . Crean landed some 5 stars at IU they just became less and less after awhile,none from Indiana towards the end.

On 2/11/2019 at 7:40 PM, FKIM01 said:

Particularly if you’re a wing player

8 hours ago, DocHoosier said:

At this rate, the intrigue will be gone from our shiny new thing sooner rather than later. 

Archived