NCAA tournament Bubble Watch

The most interesting part about it is that they are projecting that 41 teams are competing for 35 spots.  Those include schools like Nevada and Buffalo from traditional 1 bid leagues.  So, say those two teams do their job and win their conference tournament, then we are looking at only 39 teams competing for those 35 at large spots.  Now, that does not factor in someone like Penn State going crazy and winning the Big Ten tournament, which would be an absolute bid-stealer.  But, the odds are looking better than you would think strictly going off what we have seen up to this point.

1 minute ago, Bowhunter said:

If we take care of home court .. the rest should take care of itself.

Win all our home games and that's 19, which would be a virtual lock.  Win 5 of the 6 home games and we only have to beat Illinois OR win a BTT game to get to 19.  If we can't do that, we don't deserve to be in.  

6 minutes ago, KDB said:

Yeah....no.

The way we are playing it would be a freaking joke if we made the tournament.  We would have to win 6 of our next 8 to reach 19 wins.  We have 3 more ranked teams on our schedule at home.  Anybody think we are sweeping Purdue, Wisconsin, and Michigan State?  Me either.  Win at Iowa?  Doubt it.  At this point we would be lucky to win any of those games.  I think we finish 17 and 14 at best and in reality I think we are going to be closer to 16-15 or 15-16.

37 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Yeah....no.

The way we are playing it would be a freaking joke if we made the tournament.  We would have to win 6 of our next 8 to reach 19 wins.  We have 3 more ranked teams on our schedule at home.  Anybody think we are sweeping Purdue, Wisconsin, and Michigan State?  Me either.  Win at Iowa?  Doubt it.  At this point we would be lucky to win any of those games.  I think we finish 17 and 14 at best and in reality I think we are going to be closer to 16-15 or 15-16.

I think 19 is a lock and 18 we could still get in. However, I agree our trajectory points to a 500 season at this rate. 

Archived