Hoosier Hysteria Thread

Indykev

16 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

Thought the same way. In the end, their current players have been trained by Pitino, 

Yea - Louisville will probably be favored this this year - but that's it, so they better enjoy it. . Beggining next year we're handling them, Butler, ND, etc....and I'm not totally convinced these teams can beat us this year - I think we can battle them 

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Yea - Louisville will probably be favored this this year - but that's it, so they better enjoy it. . Beggining next year we're handling them, Butler, ND, etc....and I'm not totally convinced these teams can beat us this year - I think we can battle them 

I like your thinking !

1 hour ago, addictedtoIU said:

Thought the same way. In the end, their current players have been trained by Pitino, 

This is true, but we will have a significant advantage on the bench in Archie, as compared to the 30 year old interim coach at UL.  That can make a big difference.

5 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

This is true, but we will have a significant advantage on the bench in Archie, as compared to the 30 year old interim coach at UL.  That can make a big difference.

To preface this i am a big fan of Coach Mike Davis the person.  He did lead a team to NCAA Championship game under very similar situation.

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

To preface this i am a big fan of Coach Mike Davis the person.  He did lead a team to NCAA Championship game under very similar situation.

Davis had been an assistant for 11 years and was in his second year as head coach at IU when his team made that run.  Padgett has only been an assistant for 6 years (one of which he spent as a “director of basketball ops” most likely running hookers and cash for Pitino), and just took over the program a couple of weeks before practice started.  Not to mention the huge distraction of the scandal.  I’d be surprised if Louisville is very good this year.

20 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Davis had been an assistant for 11 years and was in his second year as head coach at IU when his team made that run.  Padgett has only been an assistant for 6 years (one of which he spent as a “director of basketball ops” most likely running hookers and cash for Pitino), and just took over the program a couple of weeks before practice started.  Not to mention the huge distraction of the scandal.  I’d be surprised if Louisville is very good this year.

I would never take away the value and importance of a coach but ultimately players decide the success in many cases once the season starts.  Pitino and his staff have been working with them and they are not going to forgot those skills and principles.  I believe the team will play with big chip on shoulder and zero pressure.  Its obvious that Pitino cheated but those players came to play for him and the program and i believe theywill play for Rick. 

I was very close to several players on th 2002 team and those i knew felt little pressure and played with passion For Knight but also because they liked Davis.  I truly think UL will have a very good season. The games are the time to put all the other stuff out of your mind and  a chance to do what u love.  I hate to say it but do not sleep on the Cards.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned about HH was that IU honored Bill Garrett who played for IU in the late 40's and early 50's.  He integrated the B1G basketball at the same time as Jackie Robinson did the same in MLB.  His wife and son were at the ceremony.  His son was a judge in the dunk contest along with Wayne Radford and Damon Bailey.

If you're interested in the full story, read Getting Open by Tom Graham and Rachel Graham Cody.

6 minutes ago, slojoe said:

One thing I haven't seen mentioned about HH was that IU honored Bill Garrett who played for IU in the late 40's and early 50's.  He integrated the B1G basketball at the same time as Jackie Robinson did the same in MLB.  His wife and son were at the ceremony.  His son was a judge in the dunk contest along with Wayne Radford and Damon Bailey.

If you're interested in the full story, read Getting Open by Tom Graham and Rachel Graham Cody.

Bob Hammel wrote a story on Mr. Garrett several years ago. I have the privilege of waiting on Mr .Garrett, Hammel and Coach Knight at Colorado Steakhouse whilethey were working on the story.   Thank you for sharing

Archived