Concussion talk

With all the uproar over Rob and Race, I found this article prudent.

It involves concussion lawsuits and the NCAA. It is discussing football, but I have to think whatever the "over the top" protocol is for one sport has to span all sports. It may shed some light on the abundance of caution.

https://apnews.com/4a4ed68e4c3a426abc4e34606ae4a399

I coach youth tackle football, 5th and 6th grade.  The last 2 years, we have had to combine with another town just to have 14 kids play.  Our Flag Football Org has a ton of kids playing.  More and more parents don't want their kids to play Tackle at a young age.  I am personally torn on the issue but i see why they would.  Although Flag and Soccer can cause concussions also.

42 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I coach youth tackle football, 5th and 6th grade.  The last 2 years, we have had to combine with another town just to have 14 kids play.  Our Flag Football Org has a ton of kids playing.  More and more parents don't want their kids to play Tackle at a young age.  I am personally torn on the issue but i see why they would.  Although Flag and Soccer can cause concussions also.

Seeing here in our community as well. I read a few years ago that among youth sports to high school soccer had the most concussions during the study. Flag football has a strong draw right now for sure

Archived