Another thing

52 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Those were dark days.

As dark as they were..... those kids played their hearts out.  My son and I watched every game those two seasons.  And we were impressed with the heart they displayed.  Completely undermanned, game after game. Yet, they never gave up or gave in. 

9 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

As dark as they were..... those kids played their hearts out.  My son and I watched every game those two seasons.  And we were impressed with the heart they displayed.  Completely undermanned, game after game. Yet, they never gave up or gave in. 

Same with me and my dad. Those teams took their share of lumps, but I can remember games they were competitive in that they had no business being in. 

Allow me to share one of my favorite memories from those two years. I remember that first year they lost at NW and I believe it was in overtime.  We had a major ice storm that knocked our power out for a week. My dad and I passed a hand crank emergency radio back and forth and took turns cranking sitting next to his fireplace in order to listen to the game. He passed away right before the start of this season and that is one of the many IU basketball memories with him I treasure. 

14 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Two words: Kyle Taber

18 hours ago, Bob said:

Great teams in any sport put teams away. They never let the lesser teams think they can win. The other thing they do is win at home. No one comes into their house and wins. I know we’re not a great team, but has IU ever lost three home game in a row? 

1985......we lost 3 in a row at home.  Cost us the tournament.

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Same with me and my dad. Those teams took their share of lumps, but I can remember games they were competitive in that they had no business being in. 

Allow me to share one of my favorite memories from those two years. I remember that first year they lost at NW and I believe it was in overtime.  We had a major ice storm that knocked our power out for a week. My dad and I passed a hand crank emergency radio back and forth and took turns cranking sitting next to his fireplace in order to listen to the game. He passed away right before the start of this season and that is one of the many IU basketball memories with him I treasure. 

I have compassion in my heart for  your loss.  Great story. And  thanks so very much for sharing this story.  Said it before. And will say it again.  It is members, like you,  who are willing to share stories like this, that make Hoosier Sports Nation..... GREAT !

Archived