Binge worthy shows/series..

Seeking6

I'm always looking for new series to watch. Thought it might be nice to have a thread on series/shows without giving away any details. I know it's never safe to assume but I'll do it anyway. I was looking for suggestions besides the obvious series like Thrones, Wire, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, House of Cards, Saul, Homeland,etc...

I just finished watching The Innocent Man (Grisham documentary on Netflix). Unreal case is all I'll say. Any fan of crime documentaries, our legal system, investigations,etc.....would love this series. 6 episodes. I started yesterday morning and honestly couldn't stop watching. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't say it's binge worthy as there were only 6 episodes, but for a completely different perspective on the way of things try Comrade Detective on Amazon Prime. Done in the 80's in Romania during the heat of the cold war! It's got a bit of everything including some good humor! Makes you think about how people can see things from a completely opposite viewpoint and still be very much like us.

Also, on a side note it includes the Famous Fist speech, and we all thought that BAM was the originator!

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm always looking for new series to watch. Thought it might be nice to have a thread on series/shows without giving away any details. I know it's never safe to assume but I'll do it anyway. I was looking for suggestions besides the obvious series like Thrones, Wire, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, House of Cards, Saul, Homeland,etc...

I just finished watching The Innocent Man (Grisham documentary on Netflix). Unreal case is all I'll say. Any fan of crime documentaries, our legal system, investigations,etc.....would love this series. 6 episodes. I started yesterday morning and honestly couldn't stop watching. 

I have not seen the show, but resd the book on The Innocent Man.  Unbelievable that justice could be so wrong.

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Talking my love language with that show. At that time in my life Kelly Bundy would have been the perfect girl 

In all seriousness I remember Ted Bundy quite well.  Captivated the country at that time.  Not your "typical" serial killer.

15 minutes ago, rico said:

In all seriousness I remember Ted Bundy quite well.  Captivated the country at that time.  Not your "typical" serial killer.

Apparently some controversy over how he was portrayed.  It made him too likable, but from what I have read his likable character is what gained him the access.

Watched a great documentary on Ed Kemper known as the co ed killer. His interviews and cooperation are what led to FBI profiling. 

11 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Apparently some controversy over how he was portrayed.  It made him too likable, but from what I have read his likable character is what gained him the access.

He was a good looking guy with a college degree.  He represented himself at the trial.  Fascinating person that happened to kill a lot of women.  

He was a likable guy.

10 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Watched a great documentary on Ed Kemper known as the co ed killer. His interviews and cooperation are what led to FBI profiling. 

Pretty much the same with Bundy. Much of his prison life (besides appeals) discussed what he knew and how he knew....let to FBI profiling as well. I thought it was pretty good just in the sense that anyone who was alive during the late 70's-90's knew about. It was the first high profile case before OJ on live TV.

11 minutes ago, rico said:

He was a good looking guy with a college degree.  He represented himself at the trial.  Fascinating person that happened to kill a lot of women.  

All very true.  I hope to watch the documentary and there is an upcoming movie as well. I clearly remember all of the ITS FRYDAY shirts being sold at his execution 

16 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Pretty much the same with Bundy. Much of his prison life (besides appeals) discussed what he knew and how he knew....let to FBI profiling as well. I thought it was pretty good just in the sense that anyone who was alive during the late 70's-90's knew about. It was the first high profile case before OJ on live TV.

Growing up I wanted to be either an FBI AGENT or forensic investigator.  Always found those things very intetesting.

Archived