Crean statement today

Indykev

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

No problem with the statement other than it was made public. They aren't his guys....nor are they at the level he wants. Evident by him signing Edwards Monday.

I remember Knight calling out "his" players after a NCAAT blow out loss years ago.  He did it on his TV show.  Something to the effect "We got guys on this team that don't understand what IU basketball is about.  We need to get rid of them and get some kids in here that do know."

2 minutes ago, rico said:

I remember Knight calling out "his" players after a NCAAT blow out loss years ago.  He did it on his TV show.  Something to the effect "We got guys on this team that don't understand what IU basketball is about.  We need to get rid of them and get some kids in here that do know."

That could be said just about every year for the last 20 years,certainly this year has a few.

1 minute ago, HoosierJax said:

I wonder how many people would have a problem if CAM made a comment like that?

i think there are always people who will have a problem with anything. To me I'd find it very refreshing and honest if a guy came in and said look...half of these guys aren't mine and they won't be here. We'll support them in finding new places to play. 

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

i think there are always people who will have a problem with anything. To me I'd find it very refreshing and honest if a guy came in and said look...half of these guys aren't mine and they won't be here. We'll support them in finding new places to play. 

Nothing wrong with being refreshing and honest...but there are still games to play.  I question his timing.

I say if Tom or any coach is in a place that will allow him to tell the truth and back him on it, then he is in a place he can win. Indiana will never be that place again because of the Zero Tolerance policy for all coaches. The inmates run the show at IU now and that's why you can have players sitting on the bench playing slap jack and giggling like a 5 year old girl when we are losing by 30.  

Here is my proof. We lose at home for the third time this year and the coach says he is not disappointed? what coach worth his salt makes that statement unless he has to be inside those lines? is he really that bad of a coach? When the article came out with Belein talking about Archie and the culture, that's  what he was talking about. Every coach knows what the culture is at ICU (Indiana Coddle University) and its why we can't get a big name coach. 

Remember the statement. Indiana is and always will be a Zero Tolerance university. The culture is alive and well in Bloomington. IU does have one coach that may thrive under this culture. Tom Allen may be the exception with a lot of prayers.  

8 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

I say if Tom or any coach is in a place that will allow him to tell the truth and back him on it, then he is in a place he can win. Indiana will never be that place again because of the Zero Tolerance policy for all coaches. The inmates run the show at IU now and that's why you can have players sitting on the bench playing slap jack and giggling like a 5 year old girl when we are losing by 30.  

Here is my proof. We lose at home for the third time this year and the coach says he is not disappointed? what coach worth his salt makes that statement unless he has to be inside those lines? is he really that bad of a coach? When the article came out with Belein talking about Archie and the culture, that's  what he was talking about. Every coach knows what the culture is at ICU (Indiana Coddle University) and its why we can't get a big name coach. 

Remember the statement. Indiana is and always will be a Zero Tolerance university. The culture is alive and well in Bloomington. IU does have one coach that may thrive under this culture. Tom Allen may be the exception with a lot of prayers.  

So you start with Crean, switch to Coach "B', then go to Archie, call IU "ICU", then zero tolerence, and then end with Tom Allen and prayers?

I am not impressed.

13 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

You can skip yoga today..  you should be fully limber with the amount of reach in this one :) its 830 am, air in your lungs, and the Hoosiers are playing!  Enjoy the day friend

3 hours ago, rico said:

He very well might have said it already?

It was said....only Fred Glass did the talking in front of the trustees. That's the way I interpret those comments. Glass says serious rebuild. Kids hear that. Coincides with Davis comment about it's just us,etc.....seems to me like a hot mess once again created by ourselves. Just need a win. Badly. 

1 hour ago, rico said:

He very well might have said it already?

Oh I'm sure he has said it. Archie inherited a pretty bad mess. 

I think this year's freshmen class is equivalent to the Watford and Hulls class, and next year's is hopefully a combination of the Oladipo and Zeller class. 

Well...some things never change. Crean thinks the only thing he did wrong was to give kids chances to play for UGA. That's just great. And he talks about turnovers. When was the time massive turnovers weren't a problem with Crean's teams? I mean our team's terrible this season, but I'm still very happy I don't see Crean on the sideline any more. 

Archived