Crean statement today

Indykev

9 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

I am not making any excuses for Crean......but when Smart got the gig as the UGA football HC he axed 12 players right off the bat.  In football that is nothing in football.....oh and Smart just lost a high profile QB to tOSU via transfer.  Just sayin'

15 minutes ago, ColtsIUDomer said:

WE are probably making more out of this than GA fans..He could say he was lighting them on fire and his current fanbase would only care if they landed that 5 star running back.

Football school. He might be there forever.

Hugh Durham was there for 17 years.  He made 5 NCAAT appearances, albeit one of those a FF.  He also made 7 NIT appearances, with one of those going to MSG.  UGA fans were tickled pink with him.  

Crean does that, he will be a God in Athens.

19 minutes ago, rico said:

Hugh Durham was there for 17 years.  He made 5 NCAAT appearances, albeit one of those a FF.  He also made 7 NIT appearances, with one of those going to MSG.  UGA fans were tickled pink with him.  

Crean does that, he will be a God in Athens.

To be mediocre and get paid pretty well, there are a lot worse places that Athens to be. For sure.

6 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

To be mediocre and get paid pretty well, there are a lot worse places that Athens to be. For sure.

Unless Tom turns the program around in say 3 years and they get a taste of success and the Dawg fans want more.  It happened at Tennessee several times.  Looks as though FCTC has a pretty good class coming in next year.  He will be fine as long as the football team is doing well...LOL

Sometimes I really don't understand this board.  We complain about soft players and then about coaches if they don't handle said players with kid gloves.  Earlier this season, Painter was accused of throwing his kids under the bus in a press conference, and half of this board (and yes, Eastern's mom as well) laughed at or poo poo'd him for it.  Meanwhile Archie tells us he's not disappointed after the Iowa game.  A quick  look at the B1G standings will tell you that maybe one coaches method is better than the other's.

8 hours ago, Muddy River said:

Sometimes I really don't understand this board.  We complain about soft players and then about coaches if they don't handle said players with kid gloves.  Earlier this season, Painter was accused of throwing his kids under the bus in a press conference, and half of this board (and yes, Eastern's mom as well) laughed at or poo poo'd him for it.  Meanwhile Archie tells us he's not disappointed after the Iowa game.  A quick  look at the B1G standings will tell you that maybe one coaches method is better than the other's.

You may be right, or it could be that we took the opportunity to laugh at a rival.

8 hours ago, Muddy River said:

Sometimes I really don't understand this board either.  A thread about Crean and somehow, someway Archie gets brought up in it.  Not only that put Painter does as well.  

Archived