Ohio St post game thread

IU Scott

To me this is the most embarrassing and disgraceful IU team in my lifetime.  Right now I wouldn't care if we totally cleaned hose and started over from the top to bottom.  Like I said if we fired the coach we will not get any top coaching candidates but if they want to do that the fine.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coming out of the timeout, tie game with under 40 seconds and we turn it over. While holtman draws up a beautiful play. 

Crean was much maligned for his teams lacking the skills to play good fundamental basketball we fans wanted. With Archie it’s just gotten worse, and we don’t score or ever run anything easy on offense. Everything’s a struggle, either Romeo driving into traffic or a late three under duress. Garbage basketball

Archie deserves more of the blame for being unable to at least get this team to play smarter. We deserve better.

Just now, HoagieRoll said:

Coming out of the timeout, tie game with under 40 seconds and we turn it over. While holtman draws up a beautiful play. 

Crean was much maligned for his teams lacking the skills to play good fundamental basketball we fans wanted. With Archie it’s just gotten worse, and we don’t score or ever run anything easy on offense. Everything’s a struggle, either Romeo driving into traffic or a late three under duress. Garbage basketball

Archie deserves more of the blame for being unable to at least get this team to play smarter. We deserve better.

That was a beautiful play call.  Romeo had his guy well posted up -- just didn't execute.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me this is the most embarrassing and disgraceful IU team in my lifetime.  Right now I wouldn't care if we totally cleaned hose and started over from the top to bottom.  Like I said if we fired the coach we will not get any top coaching candidates but if they want to do that the fine.

Why wouldn't we get a good hire?  UK did.  You must be assuming Fred is making the hire again.  Got it.

Posted this in the game thread, but might be better to ask here...

Ohio St and Louisville also have new coaches. Louisville is having a great year. It doesn't matter that IU beat them in December, they are currently ranked and playing good basketball. Ohio St looks like a bad team too, but even they are playing better than IU. So what is it? Are those 2 teams more talented? Better coaching? Both? It's incredibly frustrating to see this happening. Louisville was supposed to be decimated, yet they have overcome and in the top 25. So frustrating. 

3 minutes ago, HoagieRoll said:

If we have players that are Creans that have no BBIQ, how is Archie supposed to just make them smarter?

1 minute ago, HoagieRoll said:

Totally agree.  Can't say its Archie's second season.  Holtman is in his second season and that didn't stop him from calling a game winning play.

Since 2000 which is 19 years we are on our 6th coach and we still can't win so maybe it is more than just coaching so maybe it goes higher.  I think Herbert is one of the mai reasons we are where wee are today because f he let the AD do his job we would have probably had Belein as our coach today.  Hopefully when McRobbie leaves we will bring in a president that sees that sorts are important to IU and bring in people who can get the job done.

1 minute ago, HoagieRoll said:

Not only did we turn it over coming out of a time out we wasted another time out just getting it in. We have no sense of spacing. Romeo gets the ball on the wing and Green stands 5 feet to his right so he can’t drive or anything. Just horrible basketball...horrible. This team has some talent...it isn’t shooting but it has some talent..and this coach doesn’t know how to tap into it..that is clear. Maybe with a whole team of his guys we will play better but it’s clear Archie can’t coach THIS team.

1 minute ago, SoInHoosier25 said:

Posted this in the game thread, but might be better to ask here...

Ohio St and Louisville also have new coaches. Louisville is having a great year. It doesn't matter that IU beat them in December, they are currently ranked and playing good basketball. Ohio St looks like a bad team too, but even they are playing better than IU. So what is it? Are those 2 teams more talented? Better coaching? Both? It's incredibly frustrating to see this happening. Louisville was supposed to be decimated, yet they have overcome and in the top 25. So frustrating. 

WAY MORE TALENTED. Surely people can see this. Neither Pitino nor Matta left bc they couldn’t get the job done. They didn’t leave the cupboard bare. You know very well that CTC left crap outside of Morgan. 

This system is abysmal and archaic. Archie will get a third year but we'll be worse next season. How do you have a roster completely void of shooters and don't recruit a single one? Fire Glass give the new AD time to find his guy. Archie out unless he makes the sweet 16 (good luck with that!) after next season.

Man, we are lucky Michigan State could not hit a free throw to save their life against us, we would be looking at 10 in a row right now if they shot their average.

I am pretty much done with this team.  The most interesting part of the year left is what Miller decides to do in the offseason.  Some guys would be better served somewhere else I think.

Additionally, I don't want to see any IU Pravda tweets about verticals or any of that kind of crap in the offseason.  Spend half the time you do lifting weights and get in the gym and practice hitting some darn shots.

Archie needs to take a summer sabbatical to visit an offensive minded coach and figure out how to run something that resembles a strategy.  That $%$#$ weave crap is garbage.

That is 4 in a row at home folks.  I do not want to hear anything about fan support anymore.

3 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Why wouldn't we get a good hire?  UK did.  You must be assuming Fred is making the hire again.  Got it.

Because coaches will not want to leave there stable job to come to a place that will fire a coach after two years.  Why would a Bennett leave UVA where he has already proven to be able to win the top conference in the country.  what can he do at IU that he can't do at UVA.  Also at UK their coach got fired for what he was like off the court more than what he did on the court.  Also they soled their soles to hire Cal who has had  final fours vacated.

Just now, IU Scott said:

Since 2000 which is 19 years we are on our 6th coach and we still can't win so maybe it is more than just coaching so maybe it goes higher.  I think Herbert is one of the mai reasons we are where wee are today because f he let the AD do his job we would have probably had Belein as our coach today.  Hopefully when McRobbie leaves we will bring in a president that sees that sorts are important to IU and bring in people who can get the job done.

In the past 25 years we've had one only one good X and Os guy.  RMK didn't try his last 5 years or so.  Kelvin was a terrific coach and he won big but he couldn't follow the rules.  It's not the program it's the administration.  Just hire a damn good Xs and Os guy and everything else will fall into place.

Archived