Ohio St post game thread

IU Scott

4 minutes ago, Hoosrnight said:

If we have players that are Creans that have no BBIQ, how is Archie supposed to just make them smarter?

Punish them with the bench and put different players that may play harder in.  Archie excuses need to stop.  He’s had plenty of time and there are 2 NBA players on this team.  I don’t want him back but we bitched at Crean for getting beat in the sweet 16 with 2 nba players.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Because coaches will not want to leave there stable job to come to a place that will fire a coach after two years.  Why would a Bennett leave UVA where he has already proven to be able to win the top conference in the country.  what can he do at IU that he can't do at UVA.  Also at UK their coach got fired for what he was like off the court more than what he did on the court.  Also they soled their soles to hire Cal who has had  final fours vacated.

Maybe with a new AD it opens up the coaching options that can be brought in?  Need to bring in someone respected and ties to good coaches.

8 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

WAY MORE TALENTED. Surely people can see this. Neither Pitino nor Matta left bc they couldn’t get the job done. They didn’t leave the cupboard bare. You know very well that CTC left crap outside of Morgan. 

I can see that Louisville might be more talented, but I don't see Ohio State having superior talent. IU isn't the most talented team, but it's not like they have the awful talent level of Crean's first 2 years and at times this team looks very similar to those teams. 

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Since 2000 which is 19 years we are on our 6th coach and we still can't win so maybe it is more than just coaching so maybe it goes higher.  I think Herbert is one of the mai reasons we are where wee are today because f he let the AD do his job we would have probably had Belein as our coach today.  Hopefully when McRobbie leaves we will bring in a president that sees that sorts are important to IU and bring in people who can get the job done.

God rest his soul but Brand started this and Herbert finished the job.  Now it’s snow balling out of control.

The same thing happened in football.  We crowed about our tough division in football and then couldn’t beat a single team in the other division.

We talked about our tough January schedule, yet we lost to Rutgers, Nebraska and Northwestern.  If you can’t beat them, who can you beat?  Then, it’s all confirmed with home losses to Iowa and Ohio State.  

This is a bad loss, not just because it’s at home.  That’s a pretty bad team IU just lost to.  

3 minutes ago, Hoosrnight said:

If we have players that are Creans that have no BBIQ, how is Archie supposed to just make them smarter?

In what way has Romeo improved since coming to college? Juwan looks to have taken a step back this year. Rob hasn’t done much, etc etc. These guys are talented, but they just are not playing to their potential and it’s embarrassing

We’re a frustrated and knowledgeable fan base. We want good fundamental basketball and effort. We’ve gotten neither in 2019. Has this team improved in any facet since October??

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

Punish them with the bench and put different players that may play harder in.  Archie excuses need to stop.  He’s had plenty of time and there are 2 NBA players on this team.  I don’t want him back but we bitched at Crean for getting beat in the sweet 16 with 2 nba players.

Who are the 2? Romeo and who?

I think I have watched my last game of the year. It is because of this team and the way they play and are coached. It has nothing to do with me being a loyal fan. If they played hard, smart and acted like they cared I would watch every second of every game. They don't seem care so why should I or any other fan. 

5 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

1 NBA player because Morgan will not be playing in the NBA

This offense drives me absolutely crazy. It's so predictable and easy as hell to game plan against. Did you see a single pump fake the entire game? Did you see any of our guards looking to take an open 3 off of a screen early in the offense? I mean it's absolutely awful. How do you have two legit head coaches and a supposed developmental wizard with schilling and you can't come up with any adjustments or anything remotely resembling a decent offense?  

7 minutes ago, Hoosrnight said:

Ummm, yes. He's the basketball coach. His job is to make the players better. He is expected to improve their skills and knowledge of how to play basketball. Isn't the job of a math teacher to teach their students to understand math and be better math students?? 

1 minute ago, SoInHoosier25 said:

I can see that Louisville might be more taken, but I don't see Ohio State having superior talent. IU isn't the most talented team, but it's not like they have the awful talent level of Crean's first 2 years and at times this team looks very similar to those teams. 

And yet, I'd rather watch those teams because they showed more fight......

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

Ok, so then we bring in more Crean players to play! Like the excuses or not, there are still sircumstances that are not all of Archie’s making right now. Injuries have hurt us a lot as well.

5 minutes ago, CapnRon said:

I'm not blaming Archie until we don't have to play green or smith anymore. One ruins the offense, and the other ruins the defense.  I really think it's that simple.

Why does he play them then?  Give the minutes to someone else.  He’s doing the same thing over, and over and over.  Maybe Cliff sucks in practice and is just a game day kid.  I don’t know but Archie’s honeymoon ended a long time ago.

I could live with this loss if this team hadn’t given away easy games in January.  This was a must win and they didn’t step up.  That flurry of three pointers and Romeo seeming to take control was nice to see but too many mistakes outside of that run.  This game was a must win because of the hole they dig and they didn’t step up.  How they respond after this loss will be really telling.

2 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

This offense drives me absolutely crazy. It's so predictable and easy as hell to game plan against. Did you see a single pump fake the entire game? Did you see any of our guards looking to take an open 3 off of a screen early in the offense? I mean it's absolutely awful. How do you have two legit head coaches and a supposed developmental wizard with schilling and you can't come up with any adjustments or anything remotely resembling a decent offense?  

Listening to the pre game show all Archie talked about was moving the ball and passing and play with tempo and when the players get out on the court they don't play that way.

2 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

Haven’t ya heard, it’s because they’re all Crean’s players and that yields them uncoachable. 🤯

Archived