Ohio St post game thread

IU Scott

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Maybe you should do something about getting him fired and e-ail the president or the BOT.  Just coming here won't get the job done so maybe the fans need to take action and not just bitch about.

Scott thank you for that mountain of wisdom.  I am emailing Fred as we speak.  Expect his resignation by tomorrow morning.

15 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I don’t know but Archie’s honeymoon ended a long time ago.

I'm not so sure. My wife stopped letting me do some things after the honeymoon, and the fans are still taking it...🤔

I'm not going to start calling for Archie's head, unless next year is similar to the first 2. I still believe he turns this around.  I won't be "terribly disappointed" until after year 3.

19 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

WAY MORE TALENTED. Surely people can see this. Neither Pitino nor Matta left bc they couldn’t get the job done. They didn’t leave the cupboard bare. You know very well that CTC left crap outside of Morgan. 

Louisville didn’t have a single returning player who scored in double figures last season.  Gimme a friggin’ break with the “way more talented” line.

If you want to talk about a team that has no talent, look at the Ohio State team that just beat us on our home floor.  IU has good players, Archie just has no idea what to do with them.

4 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

That wasn’t me, I said Jerome Hunter was possibly a one and done.  Nice try though.

I like Jerome too but all I’m saying is people were raving about him....of course now he is air balling 10 footers wide open and no one bothers to guard him so they can double Juwan and Romeo. Whomever was pushing the Justin narrative before the season needs a public flogging. And Morgan isn’t a NBA player...horrible shooter that can’t stretvh the floor...Butler game a mirage.

8 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Lol, more excuses.  Still has 2 NBA players.  Pathetic

What are you talking about? JM isn’t playing in the NBA. Secondly, CAM has had one recruiting cycle and you’re acting ridiculous. Maybe you should be pissed at yourself for having certain, ridiculous expectations. Beyond JM, RL, and RP (and two of those are freshmen) of the guys not injured who do you want on your team if you’re coaching? Maybe DD, but he’s been injured most of the year. Get real man. Some of you are being ridiculous. DG and JS are brutally bad most of the time in doing BASIC things. Hey coach, please work your miracles and turn the chicken s*^% you were left with into chicken salad! I don’t think that’s too much to ask. 🙄 There’s a HUGE difference between reality and excuses and some of you struggle understanding that. I’ll wait to call for CAM’s head when he has had a few years to build his own team.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I like Jerome too but all I’m saying is people were raving about him....of course now he is air balling 10 footers wide open and no one bothers to guard him so they can double Juwan and Romeo. Whomever was pushing the Justin narrative before the season needs a public flogging. And Morgan isn’t a NBA player...horrible shooter that can’t stretvh the floor...Butler game a mirage.

Not saying it's much, but Morgan is actually our 4th best behind the arc.  He isn't bad at stretching.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I like Jerome too but all I’m saying is people were raving about him....of course now he is air balling 10 footers wide open and no one bothers to guard him so they can double Juwan and Romeo. Whomever was pushing the Justin narrative before the season needs a public flogging.

Dakich was big time.  I thought he’d make big jump but that obviously didn’t happen.  He gets playing time so why should he care if he screws up and gives up a game winning basket by hedging 35 feet from the basket.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

That is funny because what did he really do as a HC.  He had some good years at Iowa St but all he could recruit was JC's or transfers.

Didn’t Knight win his last championship with a couple of those?

nothjng wrong with that if you have a roster that needs to fill some holes but has some horses to ride.

2 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

I can't blame anybody who might not feel like watching anymore this season.  We're not fun to watch, we don't win, and there's no reason to believe anything is going to change soon.

At this point it's hard to summon any optimism about the direction of the program.

Second post of the day!!! 

As a matter of fact I'm starting today. See you guys in the fall......

The roster needs an enema. Archie will have my confidence if 2-3 guys are cut out of the roster.  

The on court chemistry is alarming. These kids aren’t happy together.  They lack enthusiasm. Whoever the culprits are, get them out. I don’t really care who they are   Ultimately they are just college kids fortunate to be able to play high level basketball.  I don’t see a roster of guys who treat their opportunity with the utmost respect.  

Real winners know that developing a pro game and winning at the college level aren’t mutually exclusive.  As Coach Knight said about Johnny Bench, “some guys play to play, but Johnny played to win.”  If you put your head down play team ball etc, the pros take care of themselves. 

I don’t want to see this full roster together again next year.  

While I’m on a roll, we may need at least one assistant that can help Archie with in game x’s and o’s.  Our assistants look like they are a blank slate. They may be here for player development but we need more strategic thinking.  

3 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Louisville didn’t have a single returning player who scored in double figures last season.  Gimme a friggin’ break with the “way more talented” line.

If you want to talk about a team that has no talent, look at the Ohio State team that just beat us on our home floor.  IU has good players, Archie just has no idea what to do with them.

As I’ve asked others, besides JM, RL and RP (who was hurt for a long stretch), WHO DO YOU WANT YOUR JOB RELYING ON??? 

1 minute ago, kyhoosier29 said:

What are you talking about? JM isn’t playing in the NBA. Secondly, CAM has had one recruiting cycle and you’re acting ridiculous. Maybe you should be pissed at yourself for having certain, ridiculous expectations. Beyond JM, RL, and RP (and two of those are freshmen) of the guys not injured who do you want on your team if you’re coaching? Maybe DD, but he’s been injured most of the year. Get real man. Some of you are being ridiculous. DG and JS are brutally bad most of the time in doing BASIC things. Hey coach, please work your miracles and turn the chicken s*^% you were left with into chicken salad! I don’t think that’s too much to ask. 🙄 There’s a HUGE difference between reality and excuses and some of you struggle understanding that. I’ll wait to call for CAM’s head when he has had a few years to build his own team.

Yes you are right some of us are being ridiculous.  Wanting to beat teams with less talent, at home.  What were we thinking.....

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

That is funny because what did he really do as a HC.  He had some good years at Iowa St but all he could recruit was JC's or transfers.

He took a bang average iowa state program and won 23-26 games a season at a place where you can't recruit. His offensive system is perfect for the modern game. Here he could run his system and recruit. 

He'd be similar to crean but much better. 

2 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Yes you are right some of us are being ridiculous.  Wanting to beat teams with less talent, at home.  What were we thinking.....

Take off your crimson colored glasses. I’ll ask again, WHO DO YOU WANT FROM THIS TEAM BESIDES JM, RL AND RP WITH YOUR JOB ON THE LINE!? I’m waiting....

8 minutes ago, CTrojan88 said:

They are all Archie’s after two years.....people need to stop with the excuses for him.  

I respect your opinion, but,...IMO, I totally disagree! Yes, "Crean's" kids have been with Archie for 2 years now, but it does not mean that those kids are going to be the right fit for offense and defense. That also doesn't mean they are all going to automatically buy in either.  Yes, this team is a dumpster fire right now and probably done for the year. It really pains me, but sometimes things get worse before they get better.

1 minute ago, ADegenerate said:

He took a bang average iowa state program and won 23-26 games a season at a place where you can't recruit. His offensive system is perfect for the modern game. Here he could run his system and recruit. 

He'd be similar to crean but much better. 

I know I don't want to see us shooting 35 3's a game so I don't like that style because you need to be able to score on all 3 levels of the floor.

Archived