Ohio St post game thread

IU Scott

Just now, kyhoosier29 said:

Take off your crimson colored glasses. I’ll ask again, WHO DO YOU WANT FROM THIS TEAM BESIDES JM, RL AND RB WITH YOUR JOB ON THE LINE!? I’m waiting....

I would take Davis and Durham.  Some of the freshmen are still question marks because they were not expected to come in and contribute right away.

I will say this, I think there are probably 10 other coaches currently in our league who would have done better with this roster this year.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, IUCrazy2 said:

I would take Davis and Durham.  Some of the freshmen are still question marks because they were not expected to come in and contribute right away.

I will say this, I think there are probably 10 other coaches currently in our league who would have done better with this roster this year.

Quit making sense....😂

1 minute ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Take off your crimson colored glasses. I’ll ask again, WHO DO YOU WANT FROM THIS TEAM BESIDES JM, RL AND RP WITH YOUR JOB ON THE LINE!? I’m waiting....

RP, AD, and DD...can’t tell about the bench yet...Romeo and Juwan have underwhelmed me honestly...they are just as much of the problem as Green or others...they play lazy uninspired sometimes too.

3 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I can live with Durham. I don’t think any coach with a completely different system comes in and does much better. Guess we’ll never know.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I know I don't want to see us shooting 35 3's a game so I don't like that style because you need to be able to score on all 3 levels of the floor.

It's the best style to play. Nova was second in the nation in attempts and they destroyed teams and won the title. Look at how GS plays. The best team in the east milwaukee takes the most threes. That's how you win now. 

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

RP, AD, and DD...can’t tell about the bench yet...Romeo and Juwan have underwhelmed me honestly...they are just as much of the problem as Green or others...they play lazy uninspired sometimes too.

Ok. So we have 5 players you like, our two best have underwhelmed, yet it’s all CAM’s fault? 

2 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

And NO ANSWER. Not many of them, and that helps prove my point of how devoid our talent is. Thanks. 

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

What?  LOL.  There aren’t any on those teams either.  You proved my point. LMAO

I’m really glad I proved this guys point by saying we are losing to less talented teams.  What a joke...

Quit making sense....😂

We like to say we are not talented whenever things do not go right.  We are about middle of the pack talent for a Big Ten team.  We have 2 really good pieces in Langford and Morgan.  I was not expecting to win the Big Ten this year, we do not have that kind of talent.  What we do have is enough talent to be around a .500 team in the Big Ten and that would have got us to the tournament.  That would be my bottom line expectation for a team constructed like ours. 

Last year we started rough and improved over the year and finished at .500.  I was expecting some growth this year.  Instead we started out pretty well and the just completely fell apart.

Nobody is going to convince me that we do not have enough talent to be around .500 in the Big Ten and be able to win games against teams like Ohio State and Nebraska at home.

Just now, IUwins0708 said:

I’m really glad I proved this guys point by saying we are losing to less talented teams.  What a joke...

Yeah, genius, consistent with “this guy’s”  stance our talent level is pathetic, to the extent that those teams compete with us. Comprehension isn’t your strong point. I’m out. I’ll let you guys have your pity party.

Again what you  basing talent on because if you just go by high school ranking then you are way off base.  We have more individual talent or athletic ability but that does not mean we will be the better basketball team.  A lot of those teams are more experience and have played tighter longer.  Nebraska when we played the started 3 seniors and a junior who have played a lot of games together.

Just now, kyhoosier29 said:

Yeah, genius, consistent with “this guy’s”  stance our talent level is pathetic, to the extent that those teams compete with us. Comprehension isn’t your strong point. I’m out. I’ll let you guys have your pity party.

Good riddance, you’re comprehension is that of a kindergartner.  My apologies to the kindergartners out there....

8 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

As I’ve asked others, besides JM, RL and RP (who was hurt for a long stretch), WHO DO YOU WANT YOUR JOB RELYING ON??? 

Lol, nice pivot.  How about Al Durham and DeRon Davis?  Davis has been healthy for the last two home games and we’re 0-2.  Green and Smith also have a lot of talent, but Archie just hasn’t been able to get it out of them with any consistency.  Then there are the four 3/4 star freshmen and sophomores on the bench that he refuses to play.  And I guess we’ll just have to give Archie a pass on his decision to bring in a a senior grad transfer that doesn’t be even belong on the floor in the Big Ten.  HOW’S THAT FOR AN ANSWER????

Archived