Ohio St post game thread

IU Scott

Just now, kyhoosier29 said:

Yeah, genius, consistent with “this guy’s”  stance our talent level is pathetic, to the extent that those teams compete with us. Comprehension isn’t your strong point. I’m out. I’ll let you guys have your pity party.

Don't take it personal, we just disagree.  To me it is kind of a pity party to cry over the hand you were dealt (player ability) or dealt to yourself in the case of the freshman.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, IU Scott said:

Again what you  basing talent on because if you just go by high school ranking then you are way off base.  We have more individual talent or athletic ability but that does not mean we will be the better basketball team.  A lot of those teams are more experience and have played tighter longer.  Nebraska when we played the started 3 seniors and a junior who have played a lot of games together.

That’s not talent then that’s experience, correct?  

Just now, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

What happened in Chicago?

What happened to Cal in Jersey and Pitino in Boston? They came back and won titles. It doesn't even have to be Hoiberg. The point is he plays a modern winning system. This system is awful. What's Archies dream version of his team? Virginia? The offense is terrible in the modern game! God awful! 

Just now, IUCrazy2 said:

Don't take it personal, we just disagree.  To me it is kind of a pity party to cry over the hand you were dealt (player ability) or dealt to yourself in the case of the freshman.

Not directed at you my friend. I know you care. I do too, just see it differently. You’ve not been disrespectful.

2 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Lol, nice pivot.  How about Al Durham and DeRon Davis?  Davis has been healthy for the last two home games and we’re 0-2.  Green and Smith also have a lot of talent, but Archie just hasn’t been able to get it out of them with any consistency.  Then there are the four 3/4 star freshmen and sophomores on the bench that he refuses to play.  And I guess we’ll just have to give Archie a pass on his decision to bring in a a senior grad transfer that doesn’t be even belong on the floor in the Big Ten.  HOW’S THAT FOR AN ANSWER????

Hahaha!! Exactly

There’s only one answer in my mind.

It’s  the coach or it’s the players.

I just can’t figure out which it is.  

I don’t believe it’s both. A good coach should have a good product on the floor.

Good teams with 2 big impact players like Morgan and Langford should win these games. 

Time will tell!

1 minute ago, Bowhunter said:

There’s only one answer in my mind.

It’s  the coach or it’s the players.

I just can’t figure out which it is.  

I don’t believe it’s both. A good coach should have a good product on the floor.

Good teams with 2 big impact players like Morgan and Langford should win these games. 

Time will tell!

Aren't players and coaches are tied together? The coach runs the practice. The coach teaches the offense and defense he wants to run. It's up to the players to execute. If they don't, then get them out of there. I don't see that happening in these games. The fans know, every game, which players are going to turn the ball over and take awful shots and they continue to play! I've also never seen a top 5 recruit not have a bigger role. I don't think it's all Romeo's fault. I think Archie can't figure out how to use him or is too stubborn to adjust some things and put Romeo in successful situations. I just don't think you can blame one and not the other. This team plays like garbage and Archie is the one putting this garbage on display each game. 

13 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Ok. So we have 5 players you like, our two best have underwhelmed, yet it’s all CAM’s fault? 

It’s everyone’s fault. Miller has yet to light a fire under anyone’s a$$ and has some talent but with a team that has shooting issues they space the floor the worst of any team I’ve ever seen...that’s on the coach. The uninspiring effort and bickering is on the kids. We have the same talent if not more as we had at the beggining of the season. Difference being teams made some adjustments but we haven’t...in fact the defense has got worse along with the offense stagnent. The players that won us like 10 in s row are the same that lost us 8of9 or whatever. Coaching is part of the problem. I just hope Archie learns from all this as much as our players. He is a young coach...he needs to get better.

My last post for a few hours guys. I've got to get back to studying for my lab practicals and pharmacology exams but if you think the problem is the players I would disagree. Archie has managed to make one of the most prolific scorers in high school basketball history look underwhelming. Archie has an all big ten stretch 5 in Morgan, an athletic 4, a pass first point guard, a 40% 3 point shooter at the 2 guard, a 40% plus stretch 5 grad transfer off the bench, and a dynamic combo guard as a back up guard and we can't score 50 a game....let that sink in.

1 minute ago, ADegenerate said:

My last post for a few hours guys. I've got to get back to studying for my lab practicals and pharmacology exams but if you think the problem is the players I would disagree. Archie has managed to make one of the most prolific scorers in high school basketball history look underwhelming. Archie has an all big ten stretch 5 in Morgan, an athletic 4, a pass first point guard, a 40% 3 point shooter at the 2 guard, a 40% plus stretch 5 grad transfer off the bench, and a dynamic combo guard as a back up guard and we can't score 50 a game....let that sink in.

Agreed. Talent isn't the issue. Coaching could be the issue. So could talented players meshing. 

Best of luck on the exams!

Archived