Ohio St post game thread

IU Scott

Just now, Steubenhoosier said:

Well, we have , but that’s a different conversation.

I guess I am a big believer in the idea that you shouldn’t be punished for the sins of your father 

We have? A single run in 2002? The year we're we got destroyed in the sweet 16 by Syracuse? No sir, no relevance by any metric. 

And yet we know that the sins of the father are passed down to successive generations. :)

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

Al is the biggest competitor on the team.  I think next year he will be the teams leader in terms of vocal on and off the floor.  

I hope you are right.  Said it earlier, that is one big thing this team is missing. I hoped all year Al would be that guy, but something is holding him back. Al definitely appears to have the most heart of anyone on this team and has the potential to be one of those guys we all look back on fondly as the spark.

Just now, IUwins0708 said:

Al is the biggest competitor on the team.  I think next year he will be the teams leader in terms of vocal on and off the floor.  

That is exactly how I see it. Smith and Green were the real culprits today. Even without knowing the circumstances of what did or did not happen in the locker room in my opinion Green and Smith are cancers on this team based upon their actions, attitudes and body language on the court. 

Just now, IUwins0708 said:

Heading to bed fellow Hoosiers.  In the end we all want the same thing.  I know I get way to fired up over a silly basketball game, but that’s why we are Hoosiers.  As long as we all wake up tomorrow that’s all that really matters.  Good rest of your evening Hoosiernation.

Same to you my friend!

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

Heading to bed fellow Hoosiers.  In the end we all want the same thing.  I know I get way to fired up over a silly basketball game, but that’s why we are Hoosiers.  As long as we all wake up tomorrow that’s all that really matters.  Good rest of your evening Hoosiernation.

Night bro.  And well said.

6 minutes ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

Just what this team needs.

I think you’re being sarcastic but maybe it is what this team needs?  Probably too late, but something needs to change to light a fire under them.  What if this alleged locker room scrum is the catalyst that propels them to a BTT run?  

30 minutes ago, CapnRon said:

Is anybody concerned that the higher-ups at IU aren't allowing CAM to be hard on these kids because of the Kevin Wilson situation, not too mention Knight?  It really would explain a lot, and is cause for major concern if that is the case.

Yes, and I have mentioned this previously.  I hope they aren’t putting him within a box and telling him he can’t work outside the confines of that box.  I hope that they would let the coach run the program his way.

5 minutes ago, Snackdaddy said:

I think you’re being sarcastic but maybe it is what this team needs?  Probably too late, but something needs to change to light a fire under them.  What if this alleged locker room scrum is the catalyst that propels them to a BTT run?  

I'm not being sarcastic, sometimes things like this can bring the team together...after the dust settles.

38 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Happened before Archie’s press conference, was 3 teammates and blame is starting to get pointed in directions.  Team is crumbling.  Possible suspensions coming for this I’m told. 

I would encourage you to not name names.  Describing, in general terms would be interesting, but naming players could cause ramifications such as what you described.

Just watched Archie's interview. Just a brutal stretch for him personally I can imagine with all the pressure/expectations. I know he is aware of what he signed up for at IU, but really hoping we turn the corner in the next couple years. Obviously for personal reasons as a fan, but just love the way he carries himself with the all business approach. Hope he can become the guy.  

1 hour ago, jefftheref said:

That is exactly how I see it. Smith and Green were the real culprits today. Even without knowing the circumstances of what did or did not happen in the locker room in my opinion Green and Smith are cancers on this team based upon their actions, attitudes and body language on the court. 

Well if they fight the way they shoot. I’d can only imagine how many punches they miss! 

4 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

If we lose out I would be ok with replacing CAM even though it's only been 2 years.  I haven't seen anything yet that tells me he can coach in a BIG 5 conference.  At this point I don't even want to watch IU play.  I am done feeling this way.

I’m not ready to agree to that, but I will say it’s not a good idea to get rid of a coach without a plan. Don’t make a situation worse . If you need to hire a search team than you probably don’t know what the heck you are doing from the beginning. I’m not saying Archie isn’t the guy, but I am saying Glass isn’t and he proved that with several bad decisions. Crean’s over the top  extention was his worst.

44 minutes ago, ArchieBall13 said:

Just watched Archie's interview. Just a brutal stretch for him personally I can imagine with all the pressure/expectations. I know he is aware of what he signed up for at IU, but really hoping we turn the corner in the next couple years. Obviously for personal reasons as a fan, but just love the way he carries himself with the all business approach. Hope he can become the guy.  

The next couple years?  Too long.

13 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

I’m not ready to agree to that, but I will say it’s not a good idea to get rid of a coach without a plan. Don’t make a situation worse . If you need to hire a search team than you probably don’t know what the heck you are doing from the beginning. I’m not saying Archie isn’t the guy, but I am saying Glass isn’t and he proved that with several bad decisions. Crean’s over the top  extention was his worst.

Right.  If Archie does not get it done, the first person to lose their job needs to be Fred Glass.  This is his rodeo, he needs to be the first person to go if this continues to go south.  You do not want him in charge of hiring another guy.

12 minutes ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

The next couple years?  Too long.

Wouldn't read into that too much, just trying to have a human moment for the guy lol...if that is too much to ask for.

I'm on record with 4 to get this ship rowing in the right direction. I think Crazy said he's got Archie at 3 with at least one tourney appearance...which seems reasonable to me as well considering simply making the tourney is a pretty doable feat with 68 teams in the field in a given year.

2 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

Happened before Archie’s press conference, was 3 teammates and blame is starting to get pointed in directions.  Team is crumbling.  Possible suspensions coming for this I’m told. 

Here’s a terrible thought, we had a lot of recruits at the game today.  I hope this did not happen with any recruits in the locker room.

Archived