Ohio St post game thread

IU Scott

9 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

If that is the case, whoever it was should not be suspended, they should be done at IU forever.

Yes it should,but until something officially comes out (suspension)..we may never know what happened...although I was told Archie looked rattled and not himself at the press conference after  the aledged   altercation .

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I don't and won't listen to Dakich's show on stream. However, I ran across a You Tube video of his show on Monday, after the Ohio State game. As I say, IU stuff pops up on You Tube on Roku for me all the time.  And out of curiosity, I watched a few minutes.   He called all you guys saying there was a fight in the locker room after the game..... cretins.

Cretin | Definition of Cretin by Merriam-Webster

And after chastising IU players for going out the night before home games. Dan admitted that he went on a 7 pub crawl, prior to the Ohio State game with his daughter and her friends.  And tried to convince his listeners that all he had to drink was water.

32 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

No, I don't and won't listen to Dakich's show on stream. However, I ran across a You Tube video of his show on Monday, after the Ohio State game. As I say, IU stuff pops up on You Tube on Roku for me all the time.  And out of curiosity, I watched a few minutes.   He called all you guys saying there was a fight in the locker room after the game..... cretins.

And after chastising IU players for going out the night before home games. Dan admitted that he went on a 7 pub crawl, prior to the Ohio State game with his daughter and her friends.  And tried to convince his listeners that all he had to drink was water.

I actually listened to his show for about an hour yesterday. Within the first 15 minutes, there were half a dozen insults, including the cretins one you pointed out. What Dan doesn't seem to understand is that the people on message boards, Twitter, and other social media are mostly just fans who want to see the program get back to being successful, and by insulting that, he's just making himself look bad. But, I also think/hope he's just acting like this for ratings, because if not, that's a pretty good sized ego if you think you're better than that many people. 

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Cretin?  Been called worse.  Honestly, does us talking about that have any greater reach or impact than what Dan has said about the coaching staff or players this year?

Dan has some good points but he also has quite a bit of Bobby Knight to him in the "do as I say and not as I do" category.

4 hours ago, HoosierJax said:

I'm hearing Archie was involved in the altercation and security was called,still haven't heard any names of players but one name does keep popping up...sounds like a build up of over the last couple months finally blew up.

Who are you hearing this from? If this is true, I would assume this player is suspended. If he is not, then I am not buying that there was any serious altercation or security called. Would love to know the player. This stuff isn't out of the ordinary though. I remember in the 90s there were "altercations" all the time. I had a couple of friends who hung out with guys on the team. Today anything and everything is leaked. I would love to know who's calling security as much as who it was for. 

16 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I found an online dictionary that defined 'cretin' as "something significantly higher on the evolutionary cycle than a Dakich".  

Yet another definition of cretin, so emblematic of Dakich :  A cretin.....A person that is : brainless, stupid, child-like, and full of pointless information that makes no sense and only appeals to other cretins.

Remember....it is Dakich who called people on this board cretins.  Good job Dak.... you just outed yourself !

13 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

Who are you hearing this from? If this is true, I would assume this player is suspended. If he is not, then I am not buying that there was any serious altercation or security called. Would love to know the player. This stuff isn't out of the ordinary though. I remember in the 90s there were "altercations" all the time. I had a couple of friends who hung out with guys on the team. Today anything and everything is leaked. I would love to know who's calling security as much as who it was for. 

Sherron Wilkerson and Harris jawing pushing shoving all practice.  Knight calls team in near half court Knight blows up said you guys did not come to practice to fight like ________ . Settle it right now not at the expense of the team. Harris stood there with dumb look on his face Sherron decked him. Knight said let's get back to practice and Harris get your bloody ass off the court. Hence the mask worn the restof the year by Harris 

13 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Sherron Wilkerson and Harris jawing pushing shoving all practice.  Knight calls team in near half court Knight blows up said you guys did not come to practice to fight like ________ . Settle it right now not at the expense of the team. Harris stood there with dumb look on his face Sherron decked him. Knight said let's get back to practice and Harris get your bloody ass off the court. Hence the mask worn the restof the year by Harris 

Sherron was my first introduction to the world of what's being reported and what actually happened on quite a few levels. Spent a fair amount of time with him during his time at IU. Not saying he didn't have a few faults but I will say events that happened or rumored or reported were usually not the way things happened. I liked him. Glad he's coaching. 

16 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Sherron was my first introduction to the world of what's being reported and what actually happened on quite a few levels. Spent a fair amount of time with him during his time at IU. Not saying he didn't have a few faults but I will say events that happened or rumored or reported were usually not the way things happened. I liked him. Glad he's coaching. 

I coached with Sherron for a while. He coaches at a school close to us.

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

That's kinda my point. Everyone has "sources" and leaks are so prevalent these days that any and every incident is the end of the world. I don't doubt there was an altercation in the locker room, these guys are sucking it up right now. I played sports my whole life, there's always clubhouse, locker room, or dugout squabbles, especially when you're losing. At least this shows there is some accountability and expectation. If this is an every day issue, that's different. 

23 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

That's kinda my point. Everyone has "sources" and leaks are so prevalent these days that any and every incident is the end of the world. I don't doubt there was an altercation in the locker room, these guys are sucking it up right now. I played sports my whole life, there's always clubhouse, locker room, or dugout squabbles, especially when you're losing. At least this shows there is some accountability and expectation. If this is an every day issue, that's different. 

That is one of the biggest issues with our country as a whole the wussification of america. Lets just hug it out. I got my first real chance in a game and I missed a crucial box out and I tell you what the Seniors let me have it not hurt per say but I made sure that I got a body on the guy the next time. We see the my bad blah blah blah and no one getting into someone. That is what team sports is about. In the past the locker room seemed to take care of a lot of problems. Those days are gone.  

Archived