Ohio St post game thread

IU Scott

8 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Remember how the pre-season experts had IU picked to finish low? Looks like they knew more about this than than we the fans did.

It pains me to admit this.  Also that the fool on the PU boards was right about Romeo not being a good 3 point shooter.

This season has been a nightmare.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

I think I have watched my last game of the year. It is because of this team and the way they play and are coached. It has nothing to do with me being a loyal fan. If they played hard, smart and acted like they cared I would watch every second of every game. They don't seem care so why should I or any other fan. 

Post of the day.....

Just now, iuthruandthru said:

I could live with this loss if this team hadn’t given away easy games in January.  This was a must win and they didn’t step up.  That flurry of three pointers and Romeo seeming to take control was nice to see but too many mistakes outside of that run.  This game was a must win because of the hole they dig and they didn’t step up.  How they respond after this loss will be really telling.

We were given a gift by Michigan State and had two home games after that to maybe salvage the season.  We wet the bed in both of those games.  That should say all we need to know about this team.  15-10 and you have a punchers chance to make the tournament.  13-12 with Michigan St, Wisconsin, and Purdue as 3 of your remaining home games?  You are done at that point.

6 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Punish them with the bench and put different players that may play harder in.  Archie excuses need to stop.  He’s had plenty of time and there are 2 NBA players on this team.  I don’t want him back but we bitched at Crean for getting beat in the sweet 16 with 2 nba players.

Who are the two...Morgan wont see a bench in the NBA,he cant make a bounce pass with the game on the line...Romeo will but 5 years from now he will just be a trivia question 

1 minute ago, iuthruandthru said:

I could live with this loss if this team hadn’t given away easy games in January.  This was a must win and they didn’t step up.  That flurry of three pointers and Romeo seeming to take control was nice to see but too many mistakes outside of that run.  This game was a must win because of the hole they dig and they didn’t step up.  How they respond after this loss will be really telling.

About 10 minutes in this looked like a game where 1 team woul breath a sigh of relief and walk away with some things to work on. The other would be stuck looking back on a game they should've won. 

Someone let my wife know right away because I was right!

Just now, dbmhoosier said:

Guys we're building something special here I promise.  Just give us more time.

599b7e18f1025.image.jpg

Maybe you should do something about getting him fired and e-ail the president or the BOT.  Just coming here won't get the job done so maybe the fans need to take action and not just bitch about.

* I don’t want to hear Race Thompson is expected to play today anymore. If he couldn’t get minutes today, when?  

* Archie can’t coach these players. Doesnt make him a bad coach or them bad kids/players. If he doesn’t turn the roster over in the off season it is malfeasance on his part. If he brings this core back, no more “these aren’t his players “ crap. Some of these guys will be ping into their third season playing for him. At this point they are his players, their deficiencies are on him. 

* I’m beyond tired of bad starts. 

* I’m beyond tired of getting ripped out of the half. 

*Turning the ball over after two timeouts was a disgrace. We were lost on defense coming out of the OSU timeout too. Not good. 

I would just as soon miss the NIT if we don’t make the tournament. It doesn’t onus any good with likely roster turnover and it would be painful to watch. 

16 minutes ago, Hoosrnight said:

If we have players that are Creans that have no BBIQ, how is Archie supposed to just make them smarter?

By not playing them....if they can’t figure it out, play someone who can.  Archie holds noone accountable for stupid mistakes.....he is in way over his head.  

Fred is an odd duck to be sure. But when he tells the Board of Trustees that this is a “major rebuild,” who exactly put us into this situaton?

Who gave Crean a premature extension?  Who stuck with Crean too long, thereby allowing him to drive this thing down to the ground?

In football, who gave Wilson an extension after knowing about Wilson’s issues that got him fired just a year later?  That alone is firable. 

McRobbie is a Tazmanian who can’t walk and chew gum at the same time.  It’s not just his erratic administrative adjustments that are inefficient and are an exercise in wheel spinning.  There’s no reason why IU can’t improve in all of academics, fundraising, research, and athletics at the same time.  

As for the BOT, they should have term limits. Some of these folks wash their hands of the incompetence but you’re responsible ultimately.  Get some high level disrupters in there.  Just because somebody pays their dues in fundraising doesn’t mean the person is the high level thinker needed for the BOT.  

7 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Why does he play them then?  Give the minutes to someone else.  He’s doing the same thing over, and over and over.  Maybe Cliff sucks in practice and is just a game day kid.  I don’t know but Archie’s honeymoon ended a long time ago.

My only guess is while those 2 seem to struggle on mainly one side of the floor, maybe the bench guys struggle at both ends?  I agree though it's time to play new guys regardless, this season is lost.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Maybe you should do something about getting him fired and e-ail the president or the BOT.  Just coming here won't get the job done so maybe the fans need to take action and not just bitch about.

If you look at the last BOT meeting you can tell some are getting the message from fans and donors.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Again Morgan will not be playing in the NBA

I think he is talking about Justin Smith...remember before the season he was going to surprise people and take that leap that was what the insiders said...then his 48” verticle game out and well the rest is history....lottery pick.

2 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Saddest part of all this is I thought Archie did a good job last year and got them to play hard.  He had less talent last year and will have even less talent with experience next year.  

Sometimes teams get better the  next season when their are some addition by subtraction.  I am not blaming Romeo but sometimes when you bring in a player like that who gets all the attention it might causes problems with the other players.  Also if we can get some of the other problem players off the team it could actually bring the others together and play more as a team.  Also we say we have more talent but that might be athletic ability instead of actual basketball ability.  I remember UNC winning the championship in 93 and brought most of their roster back and brought in Stackhouse, Wallace and McGinnis and they did not mix very well.

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Fred is an odd duck to be sure. But when he tells the Board of Trustees that this is a “major rebuild,” who exactly put us into this situaton?

Who gave Crean a premature extension?  Who stuck with Crean too long, thereby allowing him to drive this thing down to the ground?

In football, who gave Wilson an extension after knowing about Wilson’s issues that got him fired just a year later?  That alone is firable. 

McRobbie is a Tazmanian who can’t walk and chew gum at the same time.  It’s not just his erratic administrative adjustments that are inefficient and are an exercise in wheel spinning.  There’s no reason why IU can’t improve in all of academics, fundraising, research, and athletics at the same time.  

As for the BOT, they should have term limits. Some of these folks wash their hands of the incompetence but you’re responsible ultimately.  Get some high level disrupters in there.  Just because somebody pays their dues in fundraising doesn’t mean the person is the high level thinker needed for the BOT.  

Co sign.  The problems we have start at the top.

Just now, dgambill said:

I think he is talking about Justin Smith...remember before the season he was going to surprise people and take that leap that was what the insiders said...then his 48” verticle game out and well the rest is history....lottery pick.

That wasn’t me, I said Jerome Hunter was possibly a one and done.  Nice try though.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I hope that was a joke or sarcasm because Smith won't even play in he G-league

Archived