Lester Quinones Commits to Memphis

Hoosierdave

43 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Instead of being a jerk to known insiders why don't we consider the time stamp and fragile state of the team and add a simple understanding of the fluidity of these situations.  Um k.

You guys put way too much stock in a certain person, that's all I'm saying about that....

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Do you or anyone know if a Grad transfer works against APR?  And, are some in line with the 3 year including summer school graduation time?

With regard to APR - I don’t believe a school is impacted so long as the transfer plays at another division 1 school and leaves in good academic standing. 

With that said - I’m no expert, but believe that is the simplest explanation 

1 minute ago, CoachSS said:

When you don't see a player and send some texts and call here and there, that isn't recruiting (as was the case, two weeks ago). Hence, why I worded it the way I did. 

Now, I'd say IU is showing a lot more interest, because they went to visit him. 

Someone of real note mentioned IU was "7th out of 7" in his recruitment. So, I won't get overly worked up in regards to this player. 

As always, thanks Coach.

1 hour ago, twenty02 said:

You guys put way too much stock in a certain person, that's all I'm saying about that....

Some of us like what Coach brings to the board. It is info that some of us would not get with out his and several other posters give out the information that they get. As has been stated often it is recruiting and it changes often but I for one am thankful to hear about. Not trying to argue just stating how I feel about receiving their input

4 hours ago, Hoosier987 said:

With regard to APR - I don’t believe a school is impacted so long as the transfer plays at another division 1 school and leaves in good academic standing. 

With that said - I’m no expert, but believe that is the simplest explanation 

It affects it, just not as much.

I'd personally rather have LQ than Brooks at this juncture. Our guard play is basically atrocious right now.....and also don't believe KB has a desire to stay in college very long. As such, the longer term health of the program needs guys like LQ more than another OAD (or wanna be OAD).

In a prefect world we get both, obviously. I do believe we end up getting Brooks + a scoring guard freshman. And then likely one or two juco/grad transfer types. 

Miller knows he can't put another year like this one out there, so fully expect some major roster restructuring. 

4 hours ago, CoachSS said:

You know that was accurate at the time, right? Hence why I said it... 

Wait.  What?  Recruitments are fluid?  Who knew.  Don't know why you deal with people like that.

I don't think multiple IU coaches make this trip unless they can look LQ in the eye and say, here is our roster next year, there is a good chance you'll be a starting SG in the Big Ten from day one.  That's a pretty strong pitch and a way to leap over a bunch of the competition.

1 minute ago, Indykev said:

A kid none of heard about, we end up in his top 7 and then the whole staff pays a visit. Then I read this? hmmmmm

And yes, if we only had made initial contact and made top 7, and were 7th out of 7...I’d give us a solid shot at moving up quickly when coaches went to visit lol

Archived