Lester Quinones Commits to Memphis

Hoosierdave

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-arizonas-sean-miller-lsus-will-wade-notified-will-subpoenaed-federal-hoops-corruption-trial-180149786.html

I would think this would scare him and TW away from LSU with rubber actually hitting the road.  Maybe it changes nothing, but I wouldn't allow my son to be taught and molded as a man in the image of a guy who's being subpoenaed by the FBI, innocent or guilty.  

57 minutes ago, HoosierCPA said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-arizonas-sean-miller-lsus-will-wade-notified-will-subpoenaed-federal-hoops-corruption-trial-180149786.html

I would think this would scare him and TW away from LSU with rubber actually hitting the road.  Maybe it changes nothing, but I wouldn't allow my son to be taught and molded as a man in the image of a guy who's being subpoenaed by the FBI, innocent or guilty.  

I just posted this in the Watford thread.   If I'm a recruit or parent there is no way I'd go near a program that is under investigation.  

Hopefully it will get both to consider IU a little more if anything.

Go Hoosiers!!!

1 hour ago, HoosierCPA said:

Yeah, color me mystified that kids continue to show interest in and commit to both Arizona and LSU.  I think both likely end up in significant trouble and I suspect there are plenty more to come out before the dust settles.

21 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

If nothing else, Archie’s definitely learned a trick or two from Sean when it comes to recruiting.  Good to see.

I’d say Archie is the master recruiter. His first year at Arizona they had a top 10 recruiting class that allowed Arizona to make the elite 8. A couple years of great recruiting got Sean off the ground and Archie was credited as being the main recruiter. Also for strategizing for his brother. Once Archie left Sean did well for a couple more years but he has really leveled off for certain. I just hope Archie doesn’t take the short cuts Sean does....but maybe Sean did it because he couldn’t get the same level of players as when he had Archie and he wanted to win again.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I’d say Archie is the master recruiter. His first year at Arizona they had a top 10 recruiting class that allowed Arizona to make the elite 8. A couple years of great recruiting got Sean off the ground and Archie was credited as being the main recruiter. Also for strategizing for his brother. Once Archie left Sean did well for a couple more years but he has really leveled off for certain. I just hope Archie doesn’t take the short cuts Sean does....but maybe Sean did it because he couldn’t get the same level of players as when he had Archie and he wanted to win again.

I hope so!

10 hours ago, dgambill said:

If that was the case, wouldn’t he have been able to get better talent at Dayton?  Of course you won’t be getting the highest level kids at a school like that, but he only signed one recruit that was higher than a three star while he was there.

Can’t argue with what he’s accomplished on the recruiting trail since he got to IU though.

9 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

If that was the case, wouldn’t he have been able to get better talent at Dayton?  Of course you won’t be getting the highest level kids at a school like that, but he only signed one recruit that was higher than a three star while he was there.

Plenty said that all Archie needed over time was a bigger stage/platform. During Archie's time at Dayton he was what? 4th best choice for in state guys behind (Ohio St, Xavier, Cincy)....let alone if there was higher talent that other regional schools would come after. I wouldn't put much into rankings while Archie was at Dayton. Not a direct analogy but close enough. Look at Saban when he was at Sparty. He was never going to get the elite because of Michigan, Ohio St and others who would take what they want. All Saban needed was a bigger stage. LSU and ultimately Bama was that stage. Hopefully our stage and our administration gets out of the way. 

14 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Can’t argue with what he’s accomplished on the recruiting trail since he got to IU though.

Dayton was a tough sell...but I think he was trending that way to get some better talent before he left. He was on some good kids last year.

3 hours ago, DC2345 said:

I'm honestly getting tired of hearing about L$U personally. 

I think it's just a matter of WHEN Will Wade gets some pretty serious sanctions.  He's literally caught red-handed discussing paying for a player.  I'm surprised it hasn't already damaged his recruiting, but I fully expect it will eventually.

5 hours ago, DC2345 said:

I'm honestly getting tired of hearing about L$U personally. 

No one more than me.  My wife is an LSU alum and my in laws who have recently moved to Indiana are from Baton Rouge.  I'm not sure they could have named a player on the LSU basketball team before this year, but now LSU basketball is all they can talk about.  My wife, bless her heart, doesn't seem to care so I have that going for me.  

I will probably physically become ill if Trendon Watford attends LSU.  

3 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

No one more than me.  My wife is an LSU alum and my in laws who have recently moved to Indiana are from Baton Rouge.  I'm not sure they could have named a player on the LSU basketball team before this year, but now LSU basketball is all they can talk about.  My wife, bless her heart, doesn't seem to care so I have that going for me.  

I will probably physically become ill if Trendon Watford attends LSU.  

As would I if Brooks ends up at UK.

Archived