Lester Quinones Commits to Memphis

Hoosierdave

5 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Evan Daniels logs a ? pick.

image.png.df946f25d0a91f8548404536b4e35c73.png

2 minutes ago, KDB said:

Lester retweeted IU's post on Twitter that the Hoosiers won yesterday.

Rabby said this week that this is an interesting recruitment and their is legitimate interest on his part. If he schedules a visit things could move quickly with this one. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just because we are recruiting a player doesn't mean it's an automatic commitment. We are late to the party and this kid has plenty of options. I don't think he is a backup plan whether brooks comes here or not. We would be very fortunate to receive his commitment! 

43 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Remember hearing harry have all kinds of trouble with Mark Grudzielanek.  Harry said it's pronounced the same forward and backward and listening to him I believed it.

Brooks Kieschnick was another fun one. Was actually a tailor made, name for Harry, because it's one of those names that sounds the same whether you're drunkenly slurring or not.

57 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Brooks Kieschnick was another fun one. Was actually a tailor made, name for Harry, because it's one of those names that sounds the same whether you're drunkenly slurring or not.

My favorite name for Harry to say was "Andres Galarraga." He could pronounce it ok, but I bet there wasn't an unslobbered on scorecard within 50 feet

21 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

My favorite name for Harry to say was "Andres Galarraga." He could pronounce it ok, but I bet there wasn't an unslobbered on scorecard within 50 feet

Or you knew the Cubs were down by 7 in the top of 8th when he started saying names backwards. By that time you could usually hear the bottles clanging. 

Edit-Sorry for thread shifting. Back to Quinones. He's a shooter. We need shooters. If a shooter that we weren't involved with as little as 6 weeks ago wants IU....I'm all for that. I like quick sweet recruitments win or lose. These 2-3 year deals can take a flying....

10 hours ago, ArchieBall13 said:

No idea where KBJ goes, but if Lester is a guy that can fill it up at the 2 spot I think that means just as much on paper getting him compared to KBJ. Losing KBJ would be kinda big for in state recruiting momentum though. 

2020 appears to be a weaker class in terms of in state high level guys...but I agree. KB Jr is the last 5 star until 2021 for in state guys. 

10 hours ago, ArchieBall13 said:

No idea where KBJ goes, but if Lester is a guy that can fill it up at the 2 spot I think that means just as much on paper getting him compared to KBJ. Losing KBJ would be kinda big for in state recruiting momentum though. 

I will agree with this if Jerome comes back next year at 100%.  I have always thought that Jereome and KBJs games overlap quite a bit, although they are versatile enough to play at the same time.  But we need a ready to go 3-point shooting 2 more than anything else next year IMO.

Archived