Lester Quinones Commits to Memphis

Hoosierdave

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Zeisloft and Roth said:

The Kelvin Sampson All-Stars were participating in activities that were very off-putting to the Zeller family.

Truth.  The party scene was a little much for the Zellers.  It's called knowing your recruit and Kelvin blew it on that one.

23 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Took two while I was in HS lol 

Fantastic decisions 

Same here. Did mine in my attempt to make IU's golf team. Was pretty cool. My sister's roommate's car was the one flipped over  by our former RB in the 91 riots. Sad part was she woke up not remembering it happened. 

38 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Same here. Did mine in my attempt to make IU's golf team. Was pretty cool. My sister's roommate's car was the one flipped over  by our former RB in the 91 riots. Sad part was she woke up not remembering it happened. 

Michael Batts didnt flip the car did he?

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Sheridan kid. Don't want to say names in case it wasn't him....allegedly. 

I know who you mean, and respect not naming names.  I think it was in the IDS at the time though.

I could do without the car flipping, or opening car doors and dumping buckets of water in them, etc.  I was worried my parents might do a "pop in" and get ensnared in something.

18 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

As this is the 40th anniversary, this time of year holds special memories, as I was on campus during the filming of Breaking Away. 

Great, and foggy memories of the entire Spring and Summer in Bloomington that year 

Awesome memories I'm sure! My uncle (his girlfriend at time. followed by wife and now ex wife) and his best friend were in final scene clapping on Dave. Such an awesome week starting Sunday!

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Wow, I was standing right there.  The Sheridan kid you are talking about was right beside, not naming names.  He had nothing to do with it, just ended up getting his face plastered on the front of the paper.  It all started with some guy doing a round house on her drivers side mirror.  Then someone yelled flip it.  The car actually rolled over on someone and they had to roll it back.  Soon after that, chaos.  Seemed like no matter how fast I ran there were riot cops behind me.  Wow those were the days 😂.

3 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

As this is the 40th anniversary, this time of year holds special memories, as I was on campus during the filming of Breaking Away. 

Great, and foggy memories of the entire Spring and Summer in Bloomington that year 

Great memories.  Growing up in B-town with a Dad who worked for IU, I got to be at the track the 2 days they filmed most of the race scenes and spent 1 afternoon riding around the infield in a golf cart with Daniel Stern and Jackie Earl Haley

3 minutes ago, HoosierTownie said:

Great memories.  Growing up in B-town with a Dad who worked for IU, I got to be at the track the 2 days they filmed most of the race scenes and spent 1 afternoon riding around the infield in a golf cart with Daniel Stern and Jackie Earl Haley

I was right there for the bowling alley scene as well as the scenes around the courthouse. Got to sit in my car as they shut down 3rd Street as well 

18 minutes ago, HoosierTownie said:

Great times for sure. I was the guy in the red and blue striped shirt that got bowled over by Moocher in the fight scene. Broke my glasses but that's ok 

On 4/4/2019 at 9:24 AM, Zeisloft and Roth said:

Little 5 will give Lester the opportunity to see EVERYTHING IU has to offer. In short - I think Little 5 gives us a chance.

HA!!!  I read this as "Little 5 will give Lester the opportunity to see EVERYTHING IU has to offer in shorts......"

I guess it works both ways, :jumprope:

Archived