Lester Quinones Commits to Memphis

Hoosierdave

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, I don’t know how to stop such ignorant people from posting on social media, but recruits are noticing how stupid some of our fan base is with idiots like this posting crap like this. Please stay away from these kid’s accounts if you can’t keep it classy. Unbelievably sad and stupid. 

8ECBE0FC-E3CE-4A88-9228-8D8A107E293C.jpeg

1 minute ago, Danomatic said:

Guys, I don’t know how to stop such ignorant people from posting on social media, but recruits are noticing how stupid some of our fan base is with idiots like this posting crap like this. Please stay away from these kid’s accounts if you can’t keep it classy. Unbelievably sad and stupid. 

He’s not a IU fan.  Thinks he’s a sports journalist 

1 hour ago, Danomatic said:

Love Lester's response. He seems to get it.

5 minutes ago, HOOSIER1321 said:

Or maybe these kids need to get a little more thick skinned and not respond to every tool on social media. This clearly wasn't posted by an Indiana fan, but yet this kid blasted an entire fanbase. 

Thats not gonna happen.. I think we will come to realize our "passionate " fan base is going to cost us some players we want and need. 

3 minutes ago, HOOSIER1321 said:

So an anonymous poster writes something and then deletes and changes his user name and that's all it takes to lose interest in Indiana? Hold on while I make anonymous user names for every team in the Big Ten to help with our recruiting then.

Yes recruits and their families check out twitter and message boards and we will keep losing recruits because of it(Brooks).

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Yes recruits and their families check out twitter and message boards and we will keep losing recruits because of it(Brooks).

I dont have much of an issue with talking about recruits or players positive or negative on this forum.. If people are looking, they can find dirt anywhere.  The issue is directly tagging a recruit, or his parents..  you are talking directly to them. Thats a whole different animal, and something that is going to hurt many schools. But right now, we seem to be stepping on our own d$#%s here

20 minutes ago, HOOSIER1321 said:

Or maybe these kids need to get a little more thick skinned and not respond to every tool on social media. This clearly wasn't posted by an Indiana fan, but yet this kid blasted an entire fanbase. 

Think this kid was actually poking fun at the ridiculous tweet...and emphasized our fanbase is actually a #greatfanbase and to ignore this troll.

However, your point absolutely stands. Kids needs to put down the tweeter. It seems like such a harmful tool for people if they're going to hang on every word spewed into society.

1 minute ago, hoosier_exotics said:

Its just like applying for a job.  Employers look at your social media to see who you really are... these kids can go anywhere they want for the most part. We've been scolded on air by the BTN and mentioned by recruits parents. Put your head in the sand all you want, but we have a problem 

Well said and it is the vocal minority in each fan base that ruins it for the rest of the fans.  Some people take this way to seriously and should just stop and think before hitting send.

1 minute ago, hoosier_exotics said:

Its just like applying for a job.  Employers look at your social media to see who you really are... these kids can go anywhere they want for the most part. We've been scolded on air by the BTN and mentioned by recruits parents. Put your head in the sand all you want, but we have a problem 

I 100% believe this. It doesn't matter if we think every team has their crazies. IU fans are getting the press and the reputation on this.  I would also submit that we are naturally biased against thinking we are particularly bad.  I think IU fans as a whole are considerably worse than average when it comes to interactional behavior with players and recruits. Nothing to back that up but my eyes but I see a lot of irrational and immature behavior...less so in this forum but we're not immune here either.

Archived