Lester Quinones Commits to Memphis

Hoosierdave

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/9/2019 at 11:36 PM, FKIM01 said:

Bob, IMO, Lester is very unlikely to IU.  He canceled a visit this weekend due to "family matters", which either means there is a genuine family crisis (unlikely) or that Lester is starting to pare his list down and IU did not make the cut (much more likely).  IF Lester reschedules his IU visit later, then we owe Lester an apology for doubting him and we owe his family best wishes for a speedy resolution to whatever the issue is/was.  If Lester ultimately announces without rescheduling his visit, then we'll know that the "family matters" excuse was likely a way of moving on and letting IU down gently.

Waiting for the apology...

8 minutes ago, Feathery said:

This is why people shouldn’t make negative remarks about teenagers and their schedules.

The conjecture here is nothing compared to the stuff on Twitter.   Come on, man...you think no one was doubting his level of interest with the canceled visit?  The doubt was expressed in a civil manner, leaving open the possibility that he had a legitimate family matter.

If only all negative talk was that mild...

6 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

The conjecture here is nothing compared to the stuff on Twitter.   Come on, man...you think no one was doubting his level of interest with the canceled visit?  The doubt was expressed in a civil manner, leaving open the possibility that he had a legitimate family matter.

It’s no big deal...just don’t be surprised when you say something like you did and when you get proven wrong people aren’t going to call it out. Everyone of us eats crow on this website...we’ve all said something and it turns out we were wrong...I appreciate that you admitted it but unfortunately there are lots of those that will have to point it out for you. Hard to eat crow all in one bite...your going to be spoon fed it for a few days but you’ll get through it lol!! And agreed...your level of suspicion/criticism of the kid was very light compared to what most say out there. It’s one reason why I love this board...what goes on outside this board is insane...so glad there are some good level headed fans to shoot the breeze with about IU! Living in Kentucky now I don’t get any other outlet to discuss my favorite team!

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Shame on you. Shame, shame, shame...

There, that’s enough 😁

You have been a credible and reasonable poster for as long as you’ve been here. 

7 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

My comment was a general statement. I wasn’t pointing fingers at anyone here. I don’t have twitter but did read what people were saying, disgraceful. Here, there, or anywhere grown adults shouldn’t make negative comments about teenagers schedules, mild or not. 

2 hours ago, Feathery said:

My comment was a general statement. I wasn’t pointing fingers at anyone here. I don’t have twitter but did read what people were saying, disgraceful. Here, there, or anywhere grown adults shouldn’t make negative comments about teenagers schedules, mild or not. 

Call me crazy. I have a bigger issue with the I told you so folks, or the see, see people compared to the idiots that represent less than .10% on twitter. Either way glad he rescheduled. Historically when visits get cancelled at this stage they aren't made up. Hopefully we have something to offer more than Michigan or Memphis. 

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

This made me have a thing to ponder. The Indianapolis Colts but the Indiana Pacers. Off the top of my head are all NFL teams named after cities. Are the Jazz and Pacers only NBA teams with their state and not a city

Minnesota Timberwolves

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

This made me have a thing to ponder. The Indianapolis Colts but the Indiana Pacers. Off the top of my head are all NFL teams named after cities. Are the Jazz and Pacers only NBA teams with their state and not a city

Tampa Bay Succaneers, based off of the bay area as well.

Archived