Lester Quinones Commits to Memphis

Hoosierdave

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, rico said:

Well there was the Carolina Cougars...

Going old school with the ABA.  lol  I wasn't in the Carolina's then but there are some interesting stories and history with them.  

But anyway... I really hope Archie and them team knock Lester's socks off.  He'd be a perfect fit.

Go Hoosiers!!!

9 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

Going old school with the ABA.  lol  I wasn't in the Carolina's then but there are some interesting stories and history with them.  

But anyway... I really hope Archie and them team knock Lester's socks off.  He'd be a perfect fit.

Go Hoosiers!!!

Heck ya....loved the ABA

I hope Q comes.

Just now, IUFLA said:

The California Seals/Golden Seals (who eventually became the Cleveland Barons who eventually merged with the Minnesota North Stars, who eventually moved to Dallas and dropped the North. Whew!)

And there is my history lesson for the day.....I wonder if Lester is taking all this in?

Top 5 reasons for LQ to come play for IU

1. Opportunity for a shooter to come in and get good minutes

2. State of the art facilities

3. Blue blood tradition

4. Rabid fan base

5. Knowledgeable sports fans (at least on this site...see above)

21 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

3. Blue blood tradition

4. Rabid fan base

Ya know what?  Somehow we skipped over the Fort Wayne Pistons......that has to be a foul.

19 hours ago, IUFLA said:

3. Blue blood tradition

4. Rabid fan base

And the sad part is the only one that matters to most kids anymore is #1....and apparently given our immediate playing time that's available that doesn't even matter much.

55 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

And the sad part is the only one that matters to most kids anymore is #1....and apparently given our immediate playing time that's available that doesn't even matter much.

The only thing that matters to these kids is the coach. What can they do to get them to the NBA.  

12 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Indiana, LSU and Memphis are being considered to Trendon as well.  Very real possibility of them two playing together possibly like they have discussed

Lester also discussed playing with Precious Achiuwa. Memphis has really picked up their interest in Precious and he is a higher rated PF than Trendon. Makes you wonder if they don't feel great about landing Trendon.. He visits Memphis for a 2nd time here soon. 

33 minutes ago, cybergates said:

It would be nice to be in a place where guys are "fighting" for scholarships. If Harris commits on his visit, Q might be out of luck. 

Yep. Sometimes you win sometimes you don't but I'd rather we force the issue. Q rescheduled us. My guess is something happened over the last week in order for IU to get Harris to campus so quickly. Either Harris will say yes in short order.....or Archie got wind of Q going elsewhere (Memphis, Michigan,etc...). 

Archived