Lester Quinones Commits to Memphis

Hoosierdave

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Your father and grandfather didn't like all the changes. Yet did that diminish your love for the game that you grew up enjoying? Would anything they said have changed your mind or perspective?

Because now, you are them. Regardless of what you may say about the old days being better, there are plenty of people out there with genuine love for today's game. They don't hold anything against your era, just like you didn't hold anything against the eras your father and grandfather loved. But it's not theirs.

Couldn't tell you about my grand fathers because both died before I was born.  I just was referencing their generation probably did not like those changes just like any other generation.

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

I hadn’t seen his athleticism on those dunks before...always knew he was the best shooter we were recruiting. He honestly could compete for minutes right away at the 2. I really like his stroke..compact not a ton of arch...it’s a high percentage efficient shot. This is my last hope for a major upgrade. 

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I hadn’t seen his athleticism on those dunks before...always knew he was the best shooter we were recruiting. He honestly could compete for minutes right away at the 2. I really like his stroke..compact not a ton of arch...it’s a high percentage efficient shot. This is my last hope for a major upgrade. 

I notice you do a lot of analysis on the players are you involved in college or pro basketball?Just curious, I know some of us have played and watched basketball for most of our lives but  with your opinions I am wondering of your involvement?

6 minutes ago, Cutter said:

I notice you do a lot of analysis on the players are you involved in college or pro basketball?Just curious, I know some of us have played and watched basketball for most of our lives but  with your opinions I am wondering of your involvement?

No just a fan like everyone else who grew up playing and following the Hoosiers. I do spend way too much time scouring the internet going over every kid connected to the program and watching their game. I don’t live in the state anymore so I also spend time watching high school games online as well to keep up with what’s going on in Indiana. I’d like to think I have a good eye for the game and can break down things on tape pretty good but trust me...there are plenty on this board that don’t think too highly of my opinions of some players. So to answer your question I’m a nobody...just another arm chair coach who grew up eating breathing the game and will happily watch anything basketball related...even excited for the 3vs3 in the olympics.

26 minutes ago, dgambill said:

No just a fan like everyone else who grew up playing and following the Hoosiers. I do spend way too much time scouring the internet going over every kid connected to the program and watching their game. I don’t live in the state anymore so I also spend time watching high school games online as well to keep up with what’s going on in Indiana. I’d like to think I have a good eye for the game and can break down things on tape pretty good but trust me...there are plenty on this board that don’t think too highly of my opinions of some players. So to answer your question I’m a nobody...just another arm chair coach who grew up eating breathing the game and will happily watch anything basketball related...even excited for the 3vs3 in the olympics.

Passionate hoops fan, nothing wrong with that!

23 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Thanks for the answer. I enjoy reading your posts and can tell you spend a good amount of time reviewing the the players. I may not always agree with some of the assessments but I appreciate your and lots of other peoples input. I thank you and them for that, and really we are all a bunch of nobodies enjoying the same thing

1 hour ago, Cutter said:

Thanks for the answer. I enjoy reading your posts and can tell you spend a good amount of time reviewing the the players. I may not always agree with some of the assessments but I appreciate your and lots of other peoples input. I thank you and them for that, and really we are all a bunch of nobodies enjoying the same thing

I joined here because of the wonderful posters and great information shared. I missed conversing with fellow Hoosiers and the other boards were so full of anger and hatred. Hope I can just contribute to the conversation here. Thanks to those who created this wonderful forum and all of those that make it the best place to talk college basketball on the net!

Archived