Lester Quinones Commits to Memphis

Hoosierdave

5 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Yeah man, you can tell the fanbase doesn't really know what to do with this.  Me included.  Maybe we're gunshy, or maybe we're rightly sensing that he's pulling the same "where my Indiana fans at" junk that we've seen from Brooks, Garland, etc.  

The thing is, no reason for us not to completely support him and give him some hype if it may help our chances to land him.  And if he goes elsewhere?  Fine.  We're adults.  We can handle it.  

Yep. I'm getting really good at handling major recruits choose elsewhere. Haha...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Stromboli said:

Yeah man, you can tell the fanbase doesn't really know what to do with this.  Me included.  Maybe we're gunshy, or maybe we're rightly sensing that he's pulling the same "where my Indiana fans at" junk that we've seen from Brooks, Garland, etc.  

The thing is, no reason for us not to completely support him and give him some hype if it may help our chances to land him.  And if he goes elsewhere?  Fine.  We're adults.  We can handle it.  

Have to admit the everlasting quest for more knowledge had me look up "gunshy", well played sir!

2 hours ago, Stromboli said:

Yeah as well. However a big difference here.  In terms of Garland.... it was Rabby, who is part of Peegs who led us down the rabbit hole.  With his posts and travels following Garland.... not the recruit himself.  Not with standing that perhaps this recruit did not pick up a thing from Rabby.

24 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Yeah as well. However a big difference here.  In terms of Garland.... it was Rabby, who is part of Peegs who led us down the rabbit hole.  With his posts and travels following Garland.... not the recruit himself.  Not with standing that perhaps this recruit did not pick up a thing from Rabby.

TOTALLY agree. And in the aftermath they saved face by turning the fans against Darius and his family.

31 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

TOTALLY agree. And in the aftermath they saved face by turning the fans against Darius and his family.

Oh so true. AND  unprofessional as well.  It would have been better to admit a mistake. At least on Hoosier Sports Nation... one does not have to pay for leading members down a rabbit hole.....

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

Oh so true. AND  unprofessional as well.  It would have been better to admit a mistake. At least on Hoosier Sports Nation... one does not have to pay for leading members down a rabbit hole.....

You saying we get led down a rabbit hole at no charge here? :D

5 minutes ago, Reacher said:

You saying we get led down a rabbit hole at no charge here? :D

What I am saying is that, on Hoosier Sports Nation one can decide what is being fed to them is real or not..... and there is no charge for that.... Unlike the  so called "Professionals" over at Peegs.  Those guys get paid for a living, doing what they are doing. Just think of the overhead to conduct a board like that.  Yet the guys running Hoosier Sports Nation... though there is a cost involved....offer this board up to members .... free of charge... simply because of their love of all that is IU.   Have you ever seen an advertisement on this board.... like they have on Peegs... or other name less IU boards ?   I rest my case.  LOL

1 hour ago, Stromboli said:

They also chose to be the mouthpiece for the Brooks family with the whole thing about IU fans being mean on Twitter.  That never had anything to do with the recruiting decision but the Brooks family asked them to say something publicly, and they obliged, making IU fans look like idiots in the process.

3 hours ago, milehiiu said:

What I am saying is that, on Hoosier Sports Nation one can decide what is being fed to them is real or not..... and there is no charge for that.... Unlike the  so called "Professionals" over at Peegs.  Those guys get paid for a living, doing what they are doing. Just think of the overhead to conduct a board like that.  Yet the guys running Hoosier Sports Nation... though there is a cost involved....offer this board up to members .... free of charge... simply because of their love of all that is IU.   Have you ever seen an advertisement on this board.... like they have on Peegs... or other name less IU boards ?   I rest my case.  LOL

Dude we get it. Do you have this post saved down somewhere so it's easy to copy paste?

8 hours ago, goonaha said:

Dude we get it. Do you have this post saved down somewhere so it's easy to copy paste?

DON'T CALL ME DUDE !   

Just kidding.... a joke from the dark ages. 

'preciate ya.  Dude. 

And thanks Fundy.  Appreciate you as well

4 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

DON'T CALL ME DUDE !   

Just kidding.... a joke from the dark ages. 

'preciate ya.  Dude. 

And thanks Fundy.  Appreciate you as well

You were alive in the dark ages?  Didn't realize they had lawns back then.

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Not sure if anyone can read but seemed like a very, very positive review from Lester. More than normal great place. Sounds like Archie and he really hit it off and he seems like a very good kid. 

Thanks for the report.

Archived