Lester Quinones Commits to Memphis

Hoosierdave

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Rabby posted an article about the team and Archie making a huge impression on him. Anyone have info?

Rivals is saying a source said it was between IU and Michigan and Michigan visit was cancelled. He said IU is in a very good spot but watch out for Memphis.  

2 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I’ve heard it’s between IU and Memphis.  Maryland and Michigan are out from what I’ve heard.  IU has a real shot here and I’m shocked!

Great to hear. Would be a big addition this late in the game and would be a GREAT class with key last second upgrades with a proven big and good shooter/talent.

I’ve thought Memphis or LSU all along...surprised he even visited up this way...Memphis with the class they had coming in and LSU losing almost its whole team would offer lots of time...I would be thrilled to get this kid. Hope because he is from NY that doesn’t upset anyone.

36 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Rabby posted an article about the team and Archie making a huge impression on him. Anyone have info?

IU made a good impression and moved the needle.  That's the gist of it.  As others have said, I've heard this is down to IU and Memphis, which if that is right is major progress in just a couple months.

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

If we land this kid I really wonder what the rotations look like. May see a lot more 3 guard lineups and shift Hunter to small ball 4 at times. Green and Q on the floor together would immediately open up the floor for guys.

Why would it open up the floor for guys? Quinones is a 30% 3pt shooter. For reference that a lower % than Green, Al, and Phinisee had this season. 

I see Quinones as a guy that comes off the bench as a freshman, but will be in the mix to start as a sophomore. 

2 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

I’ve heard it’s between IU and Memphis.  Maryland and Michigan are out from what I’ve heard.  IU has a real shot here and I’m shocked!

Color me shocked. Really surprised by this development. If coach can close LQ and TW. I will officially never question recruiting again. 

20 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Why would it open up the floor for guys? Quinones is a 30% 3pt shooter. For reference that a lower % than Green, Al, and Phinisee had this season. 

I see Quinones as a guy that comes off the bench as a freshman, but will be in the mix to start as a sophomore. 

Where did you get his numbers? At IMG last year he shot 39% with 7.2 attempts per game. That’s avg basically 3 a game. We saw last year teams didn’t honor the outside shot and packed the driving lanes. He is known as a shooter...not sure he would be considered that if he only shot 30%.

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Where did you get his numbers? At IMG last year he shot 39% with 7.2 attempts per game. That’s avg basically 3 a game. We saw last year teams didn’t honor the outside shot and packed the driving lanes. He is known as a shooter...not sure he would be considered that if he only shot 30%.

He shot 30% in AAU last year. 

16 minutes ago, Feathery said:

He shot 30% in AAU last year. 

He has been mentioned in almost every article as a great shooter. Here they even talk about his mid range game. https://www.google.com/amp/s/gbmwolverine.com/2019/04/06/michigan-basketball-wolverines-need-a-shooter-like-lester-quinones/amp/

Feel pretty confident in his shot.. if you watch him shoot it’s a pure stroke and very repeatable. Wonder if he had an injury or something because he doesn’t look like a 30% shooter.

Edit: Just saw that...was an 8 game sample..so pretty small size. His performance at USA U17 he shot 42% from 3...so I think there is enough evidence to say..indeed he is a good shooter.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

He has been mentioned in almost every article as a great shooter. Here they even talk about his mid range game. https://www.google.com/amp/s/gbmwolverine.com/2019/04/06/michigan-basketball-wolverines-need-a-shooter-like-lester-quinones/amp/

Feel pretty confident in his shot.. if you watch him shoot it’s a pure stroke and very repeatable. Wonder if he had an injury or something because he doesn’t look like a 30% shooter.

Edit: Just saw that...was an 8 game sample..so pretty small size. His performance at USA U17 he shot 42% from 3...so I think there is enough evidence to say..indeed he is a good shooter.

I’m all for shooters, let’s hope we get him and he can produce. 

Watshot

https://youtu.be/HBO87GRz6oo

Haston's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgYXNh8HGOY

Can't go wrong with either one....super loud. I'd say that UNC game a couple years ago was pretty rockin too. If the kid hasn't experienced it he needs to...because there are few places in the country that can compete with hitting a game winner at Assembly Hall....and he could have a moment like that for himself.

Archived