Lester Quinones Commits to Memphis

Hoosierdave

7 hours ago, HoosierKix said:

Don’t mean this to be in an argumentative way at all. Just curious if you’re hearing from people you really trust? I don’t know any info but ask to a couple trusted “insiders” and I’ve heard it probably is still a long shot? Just was curious was all. Respect all info and opinions given to the board and personally love your posts and your attitude on here just was wondering.

Fair point. I only had a couple minutes to post yesterday and I stay off the boards on weekends for most part, family time!! 

We have some real insiders on this board, I for 1 am not but for some reason i do hear a lot of things.  Most of the time I dismiss it unless it comes directly from a few very trusted people. That being said since there is not much going on in the off season I try to pass along more info . Definitely not talking in absolutes. Hoping that someone else has heard similar things and we all can benefit. 

With LQ I have been hearing blown away on visit many positives. Heard that if TW pops for Memphis before LQ committed, LQ will follow more than likely.  If TW goes somewhere else then our chances vastly improve. It's not a package deal in any way but ...

Hope that makes more sense. Based on all I heard it's a close race us and Memphis.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5-star guard RJ Hampton just reclassified to the 2019 class. Memphis leads in the Crystal Ball for him.

Memphis is the favorite for Precious Achiuwa, and have a great shot at landing Hampton as well. If they land both, that's six 2019 commits. 

The timing of that, along with Archie going to visit him Thursday makes me like our chances a little more.

8 minutes ago, KDB said:

5-star guard RJ Hampton just reclassified to the 2019 class. Memphis leads in the Crystal Ball for him.

Memphis is the favorite for Precious Achiuwa, and have a great shot at landing Hampton as well. If they land both, that's six 2019 commits. 

The timing of that, along with Archie going to visit him Thursday makes me like our chances a little more.

Woahhhh...great update. We have a puncher's chance here!

7 minutes ago, KDB said:

Does it really only take hiring a former NBA star to get recruits like that?  I know the AAU connections and all but..... 

Yeah this one is going to be close.  That visit apparently had some pull.  It will be interesting to see what happens.  RJ Hampton reclassifying won't have any effect according to some.  I really would love to see IU pull this one out when it looked so bleak.  We could use some good news.  IU or Memphis

16 minutes ago, KDB said:

Don't forget that Trendon is on their list as well. 

I'm liking our chances with LQ.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

1 minute ago, Indy1987 said:

Don't forget that Trendon is on their list as well. 

I'm liking our chances with LQ.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

If Hampton and Precious commit to Memphis - are they really going to take a 7 man class? Are there going to be enough shots to go around? I think Watford is going to LSU (barf) but I would think this would put us in a great spot with LQ.

9 minutes ago, Zeisloft and Roth said:

If Hampton and Precious commit to Memphis - are they really going to take a 7 man class? Are there going to be enough shots to go around? I think Watford is going to LSU (barf) but I would think this would put us in a great spot with LQ.

Apparently.  They had 5 seniors this year and 2 players transferred out.   

Kids getting recruited over and they haven't played a game yet.

Go Hoosiers!!!

Archived