Lester Quinones Commits to Memphis

Hoosierdave

1 hour ago, KDB said:

5-star guard RJ Hampton just reclassified to the 2019 class. Memphis leads in the Crystal Ball for him.

Memphis is the favorite for Precious Achiuwa, and have a great shot at landing Hampton as well. If they land both, that's six 2019 commits. 

The timing of that, along with Archie going to visit him Thursday makes me like our chances a little more.

Do you (or anyone else) know if Hampton will still play in EYBL or do reclasses typically drop out?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Hoosier2014 said:

I saw a tweet earlier today that said he is done with AAU all together and that a decision should be coming shortly.

Not suprising.  He doesn't need to impress anyone to get an offer.   He moved up to #6 in the 2020 draft as soon as he announced reclassifying. 

Go Hoosiers!!!

Unfortunately had to actually work today. Just catching up. Seems to me signs are pointing towards us for this one? Or wishful thinking. Archie spending another in home has to eliminate any we want you badly concerns from LQ's camp. He's become more and more active regarding IU on social media. Memphis seems to be very, very crowded. Hopefully the tea leaves I'm reading point to us. 

5 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

This would be huge to get a top 50 recruit (#44 according to rivals) and consensus top 75 this late in the game. Kid has the potential to be really good

That's where I'm at as well. Can't tell you how important a recruit of his ranking (not always a guarantee but good indicator) is this late in the game. 

22 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

This would be huge to get a top 50 recruit (#44 according to rivals) and consensus top 75 this late in the game. Kid has the potential to be really good

Snagging one top 50 this late is huge.  Snagging two top 50s (Q and Watford) this late would be a coup. 

58 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Unfortunately had to actually work today. Just catching up. Seems to me signs are pointing towards us for this one? Or wishful thinking. Archie spending another in home has to eliminate any we want you badly concerns from LQ's camp. He's become more and more active regarding IU on social media. Memphis seems to be very, very crowded. Hopefully the tea leaves I'm reading point to us. 

Wouldn’t say it points in any direction but it’s looking better each day

3 hours ago, Hoosier2014 said:

I saw a tweet earlier today that said he is done with AAU all together and that a decision should be coming shortly.

A bit of a bummer in that he was on my list to watch at EYBL in a couple of weeks. Of course if he commits to Memphis and we end up with Q and/or Watford then small bummer quickly changes to happiness. 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Did anyone else see the LQ post about his high school not allowing him to make his announcement at their place? I have to be reading this wrong. Seems like if his hometown school shut him out he's headed elsewhere....right??

Yeah I saw it and I'm not sure what you mean.  His hometown school is in NYC and it seems as if they don't want to host his announcement because he left the school to go to IMG in Florida.  I don't think it has anything to do with his college decision.  

7 hours ago, cybergates said:

Lester and Trendon, I've got two scholarships, one for each of you.

Val Kilmer Tombstone GIF

My roommate in college went around quoting every line from that movie...I swear every time we played cards and drank he would put that movie on. If they hadn’t invented dvds he would have worn out a VHS for sure.

17 minutes ago, HSRecruitingNews said:

Yeah I saw it and I'm not sure what you mean.  His hometown school is in NYC and it seems as if they don't want to host his announcement because he left the school to go to IMG in Florida.  I don't think it has anything to do with his college decision.  

Talk about hard feelings...geez. So much for a kid bettering himself. I bet I know a few locations in Bloomington that would gladly host it!!!

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

My roommate in college went around quoting every line from that movie...I swear every time we played cards and drank he would put that movie on. If they hadn’t invented dvds he would have worn out a VHS for sure.

Best movie of all time,has to be the most quoted.

4 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

I teach junior high and high school. What’s a VHS? Oh damn, you wouldn’t even know what would happen if you returned a rental that wasn’t rewound! 

Remember when they invented the little tape rewinder! It was like oh snap!!!! I know Rico is going to respond about some 8mm film or something but my dad worked at RCA there in Bloomington for over 30 years until they closed and he would bring me home movies he recorded off HBO (like before anyone in my town had cable) since they had to do quality control...where my love for movies began...I mean can’t tell you how many movies we had...now with Netflix and on demand people just don’t appreciate it lol.

8 hours ago, dgambill said:

Remember when they invented the little tape rewinder! It was like oh snap!!!! I know Rico is going to respond about some 8mm film or something but my dad worked at RCA there in Bloomington for over 30 years until they closed and he would bring me home movies he recorded off HBO (like before anyone in my town had cable) since they had to do quality control...where my love for movies began...I mean can’t tell you how many movies we had...now with Netflix and on demand people just don’t appreciate it lol.

Remember hooking up two VCRs in-line so you could record a copy of the movie you rented?

10 hours ago, dgambill said:

Sounds familiar. Friends of mine did the same thing in high school/college. It came out when we were in HS and when it made it's way to the $1 theater we watched it 10+ times.

Archived