Lester Quinones Commits to Memphis

Hoosierdave

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

Iirc rabjohns says he's not going to name any names but there are some guys IU is interested in but it may not matter due to quinones  and Watford recruitments.

Why won’t it matter? The staff is waiting on those 2?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I am of the opinion if we  become known as firing coaches after 2 or3 years you won't attract the type of coaches who can recruit at a high level.

And exactly who are the coaches that recruit at a high level?

Nothing ticks me off more than people who choose not to engage in insightful dialogue back and forth and instead attempt to paint a person as an extremist and put words in their mouth and then pound their chest like they proved a point. 🤬🤦🏻‍♂️

6 hours ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Wonder if any of the '20s could reclassify. I believe Leal is old for a '20.

Honestly he is probably smart enough etc but we are ok at the guard spot this year...we still have Armaan plus what we had last year. I would imagine if Leal did that he would red shirt. I do think Lester is ready to contribute as a freshman if we went to some 3 guard lineups but he is more about 2020 imo...the future of the team...kid isn’t OAD...he is a 3-4 year kid that should make the NBA...it’s about building the roster with him. I don’t see any of the 2020 kids helping much in 2019...if we are that desperate imo we would be more heavily on grad transfers....especially back up point.

9 hours ago, Indykev said:

IU doesnt allow auto admits on Grad Transfers. Each dept. has to admit the kid based on grades. If they aren't A,B students Archie is out of the running. No favors at IU just because they play basketball.

And yet dumb dumb Tom Crean signed plenty of grad transfers that were able to contribute.

9 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

And yet dumb dumb Tom Crean signed plenty of grad transfers that were able to contribute.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I cannot think of any grad transfer that has contributed at IU in recent memory other Max Biefeldt. We just haven’t had much success at all in that aspect.

17 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I cannot think of any grad transfer that has contributed at IU in recent memory other Max Biefeldt. We just haven’t had much success at all in that aspect.

I didn’t know we had even signed a lot 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, Danomatic said:

Nick Zeisloft says hello.

6 hours ago, Danomatic said:

He wasn’t a grad transfer was he? I thought he was just a regular transfer... at any rate, few and far between. 

He was a grad transfer.  He never sat out, but had 2 years of eligibility. 

7 hours ago, slojoe said:

Nick Zeisloft says hello.

8 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

2 I guess could count as plenty. The same number as Archie.

31 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

He said contribute. Brunk should, Fitzner was a swing and a miss, so no not the same number as Archie. 

And speaking of grad transfers named Evan, I would’ve much rather had Evan Gordon then Evan Fitzner on last year’s team, lol

3 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

And speaking of grad transfers named Evan, I would’ve much rather had Evan Gordon then Evan Fitzner on last year’s team, lol

Probably.  I admit I probably thought he would be better due to his lat name. Crean had some misses himself, but Max and Z were the real deal. Hopefully Brunk will fall into that category and give Archie is his first win in the grad transfer market. 

2 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

That's a forgotten one, but valid. He didn't have the impact of Max, but he was a point of stability and experience on an otherwise very young team.

16 hours ago, Indy1987 said:

IU right smack in the middle.  Hmmm

Go Hoosiers!!!

His jersey is blue... Bad sign. His shoe is red.... Good sign. Quick, anyone know which streets those are in NYC? That could be the subliminal hint!

:coffee:

1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

His jersey is blue... Bad sign. His shoe is red.... Good sign. Quick, anyone know which streets those are in NYC? That could be the subliminal hint!

:coffee:

Does anyone ever think we'll get to the times when a school comes out and asks a kid to remove their name or insignia from these edits? If there's no chance of a kid going there it looks odd to me. Michigan in this case. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Does anyone ever think we'll get to the times when a school comes out and asks a kid to remove their name or insignia from these edits? If there's no chance of a kid going there it looks odd to me. Michigan in this case. 

The old saying: no such thing as bad press.

While not entirely true, all it does is boost the impression of the program. No harm at all.

Now, if it was a kid nobody had heard of that is making his "choice" between Duke, UK, UNC, IU and Southwest Saskatchewan A&T, then I could see them asking, since it's obvious BS. But other than that, everyone benefits.

Archived