Lester Quinones Commits to Memphis

Hoosierdave

8 minutes ago, Bedford1432 said:

Without a doubt last season debacle totally killed recruiting. The only thing that is goint to fix that is Archie needs to have a very good season next year.  The fact that we are in desperate need of a three point shooter guard and cannot get one to save our life is very concerning. 

I don't care what anyone says but I think the fans on social media has as much of an impact on recruiting than losing 12-13 did

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

That huge class is down to four players, and only one of them has been a major contributor thus far.  We’re bringing in one top 50 player in this year’s class, and half of this board isn’t even sure he’s going to be able to start on an NIT team that lost its two best players.  All we heard last season was that Archie had no chance to win because the team had no talent, and now we’re bringing in a three-man class with one top 50 recruit.  We have a ton of playing time to offer in the backcourt, and he’s struck out on every guard target he’s gone after since Franklin committed in September.

At this point, we don’t seem to be the leader for any top 50 recruits in 2020 or 2021, and it’s not looking likely that next season’s results are going to put us in a much better position.  It’s pretty clear that last season’s debacle has just killed IU’s recruiting momentum.

7 minutes ago, Bedford1432 said:

I honestly though Archie was going to kill it on the recruiting trail but I did not anticipate losing 12 of 13 either. Now we are stricking out left and right. Very discouraging. 

As has been said numerous times on here, neither Watford or LQ have announced a decision yet, so who exactly have we "stricking out" on?

We also have a kid who was a 4 star recruit and did not see the floor at all last year due to injury. IMO, even though he was part of last year's recruiting class, he should be considered a new addition as he gave us nothing last year. And, oh yeah, he was stolen right out from under the nose of that guy over at OSU who has just been "killing it" for the Buckeyes.

As far as being the leader on any kid who won't play for a college for another year and a half minimum, who cares at this point? Too many variables, especially with teenagers, to get concerned now about decisions that won't be made for quite some time. Jared Jeffries' commitment was a twelfth hour decision. Romeo was not quite that, but he wasn't a lock for IU until late in the recruiting cycle. 

FW Hoosier, you have a history on this board, and generally have a reasonable approach to things. So be it if you choose to take the negative stance on this.

Bedford, you are a newcomer to this board. Thus far, it appears as though you have come here with an agenda that rubs a lot of folks the wrong way. For someone with all of 3 posts in their history, your opinions give the impression of being here for only one purpose, which is to troll. 

1 hour ago, Bedford1432 said:

So you think the three point shooting is going to dramatically improve next season without adding any three point shooters? You do realize we were last in the league last year. 

Actually, I do.  Two of IU's three lowest percentage shooters from distance are gone.  Even if IU added nothing, yes, I would expect much better.

Let me flip the script on you here...you do realize that Romeo alone heavily influenced IU's poor percentage from distance last year, don't you?  Morgan and Fitzner didn't exactly light it up either.  None of those players will be shooting 3's for IU next season.

4 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

As has been said numerous times on here, neither Watford or LQ have announced a decision yet, so who exactly have we "stricking out" on?

We also have a kid who was a 4 star recruit and did not see the floor at all last year due to injury. IMO, even though he was part of last year's recruiting class, he should be considered a new addition as he gave us nothing last year. And, oh yeah, he was stolen right out from under the nose of that guy over at OSU who has just been "killing it" for the Buckeyes.

As far as being the leader on any kid who won't play for a college for another year and a half minimum, who cares at this point? Too many variables, especially with teenagers, to get concerned now about decisions that won't be made for quite some time. Jared Jeffries' commitment was a twelfth hour decision. Romeo was not quite that, but he wasn't a lock for IU until late in the recruiting cycle. 

FW Hoosier, you have a history on this board, and generally have a reasonable approach to things. So be it if you choose to take the negative stance on this.

Bedford, you are a newcomer to this board. Thus far, it appears as though you have come here with an agenda that rubs a lot of folks the wrong way. For someone with all of 3 posts in their history, your opinions give the impression of being here for only one purpose, which is to troll. 

Bedford said he comes over from rivals and that is how most of the posters over there post and that is why I left that board in Febuary

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Bedford said he comes over from rivals and that is how most of the posters over there post and that is why I left that board in Febuary

That explains a lot.  Coming over here to make HSN a Peeg-sty as well I guess.

1 hour ago, Bedford1432 said:

If Archie has another losing streak like that he will not even get a fourth year. He is going to have to prove himself in a big way this sesaon as there are no excuses anymore at this point. 

This couldn't possibly be more wrong. 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I have a question to all of those who are discouraged or pessimistic on Archie.  If we fire him after next year if we don't make the tournament, do you guys really believe we could get a better candidate than what Archie was 3 years ago.  Everyone who has been on this board knows I was not in favor of his hire and I wanted Marshall but we have to give him more time.  Do you guys think we could actually get an established coach from a winning power 5 conference team to leave their job and come here.  If we keep making changes then all we will be left with is up and coming coaches from mid major teams who may or may not be able to coach at this level.

Not necessarily better than but I do believe that we would be in the market for someone of his same caliber. Why would we not be? Any young and up coming Coach would jump at the chance to have the opportunity to triple their salary or more, have one of the largest recruiting budgets in America, and coach in a major conference. 

I absolutely love Archie, and I totally believe he’s a very smart coach. So I have total faith that he is going to figure this out. Has he backed himself in the corner a little bit? Maybe. Or maybe there are forces above him that it made it extra difficult. And maybe there have been some cancers on the team that he wishes he could’ve removed. But based on his contract there’s no way he’s not gonna be here for at least two more years if not three. It appears as though he’s going nowhere until after 2022. So let’s all get as positive as we can 🙂

Just now, BADGERVOL said:

Not necessarily better than but I do believe that we would be in the market for someone of his same caliber. Why would we not be? Any young and up coming Coach would jump at the chance to have the opportunity to triple their salary or more, have one of the largest recruiting budgets in America, and coach in a major conference. 

Then we will keep repeat and rinse because there will be no homerun hires and will have to hope we hit one out of the park.  Some just think because we are Indiana that we will have the pick of the litter of coaches when we have openings and that has been so far from the truth in the past.  Unless Donovan or Stevens wants to come back to college we ill have to hire an up and comer and there are no guarantees there.  Archie was considered the hottest young coach in the country and some want him gone after 2 years. 

If some of our fans were in charge at UVA  they would have  fired  Bennett since he did not make the tournament the first few years at UVA.

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Then we will keep repeat and rinse because there will be no homerun hires and will have to hope we hit one out of the park.  Some just think because we are Indiana that we will have the pick of the litter of coaches when we have openings and that has been so far from the truth in the past.  Unless Donovan or Stevens wants to come back to college we ill have to hire an up and comer and there are no guarantees there.  Archie was considered the hottest young coach in the country and some want him gone after 2 years. 

If some of our fans were in charge at UVA  they would have  fired  Bennett since he did not make the tournament the first few years at UVA.

Nobody wants him gone after 2 years. If he has another disaster and misses the tourney 3 years in a row things get ugly all around. 

37 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Watford is going to LSU. I would say the chances he comes to IU are 1.1%.

All crystal balls are for Memphis on Lester. He could pull a shocker but It is not likely. 

1 minute ago, Bedford1432 said:

Nobody wants him gone after 2 years. If he has another disaster and misses the tourney 3 years in a row things get ugly all around. 

Well there were plenty of  your friends over at rivals that have been calling for his head starting in January.

1 minute ago, Bedford1432 said:

You can get me banned if you want to try?

Just stop.  This is not Rivals.  

Forum 101 Tip:  This thread is to discuss recruiting prospect Lester Quinones.  Try to stay on topic and try not to be quite so negative.  It's not a welcoming look for recruits reading these pages.

1 hour ago, macomb hoosier said:

100%? So, you find it easier to root for out of state players and forgive them when they mess up?

I don't really classify guys that way in terms of how I feel about them once they are playing for IU, but for the sake of discussion shouldn't Indiana kids be held to a higher standard at IU, not a lower one? If Indiana 3*'s are just as good as 4*'s everywhere else and they "get IU" more, shouldn't fans be less forgiving of them?

Archived