Lester Quinones Commits to Memphis

Hoosierdave

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Was it his mistake or Dad's?  Maybe Mom decides to throw some weight around if she feels that Calipari sold them a lie.

I was not there but many have led me to believe Cal sold Dad,Dad forced it on family as a purely business decision.  I am going back to try and locate message I received from someone very close to this process that the kid from Ft Wayne that chose UK gave IU staff a verbal commitment. Trying to find exact date I was given this intel

11 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Before LQ chooses Memphis(my opinion not insight info), appears two hard sought after targets will have been recruited over(Brooks with UK and LQ at Memphis) and may not see a substantial amount of playing time during their freshman year.  If the ultimate goal for both Brooks and LQ is to get to the NBA fast, they may need to re-evaluate their school decision.  If Brooks plays off the bench the entire season, no way he is a top 15 pick next season.  Not sure LQ could be a lottery pick after 1 season in college regardless of where he plays BUT with an ample amount of playing time that IU could offer LQ that could help LQ get into the first round. Just my thoughts.  Been quiet and just monitoring posts for a bit with work and taking care of a 3 month old.   

Exactly.  You go where the opportunity is.  You don't chase the uniform or the shiny new brand.  Ask Brandon Peters how that worked out.  Or Hunter Johnson.

4 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

Did I say it was happening? NO!  Said to keep an eye out.  It probably isn’t going to happen but people are talking and sometimes when there is smoke there is fire. Wonder why people don’t post stuff they hear?  Right here is your answer.  I’m going to continue to do it anyway.  Right or wrong, because most people appreciate it.

I appreciate what you bring 0708.......

downloadfile-1.gif

11 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

Well Arch did his best but as several have said it was a little to late.  I’m not trying to get anything started but keep your eyes and ears open for someone that was very interested in IU, that is already committed and who is being recruited over to possibly have second thoughts. Nothing happening yet but some chatter starting that a certain French fry condiment could be up for sale again.  Don’t get too excited just yet though, gotta see how the other dominoes fall first.  May be a moot point but something to watch.

Did that certain player not sign his LOI

38 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I find it kind of funny we are reading posts about Brooks not getting on the court at UK if they land all this other talent, because I guarantee you if the 0.001% happens and he gets out of his LOI and come to IU all we will read will be about is how he is the greatest thing since sliced bread and UK will regret letting him get away.  

Of course. That's what fans do. But in terms of your point with who they have coming back and who they've signed....it's obvious Cal is doubling down and continuing to add talent. If he was as sold on his original commits (Brooks or Whitney) he wouldn't keep adding at the same position. 

Obviously on an IU board Brooks will garner the most attention but I wouldn't be surprised one bit if  Whitney is the one to leave. He's a Mac Irvin kid who is about as shady as it gets in Chicago. He's the one that made Underwood not take Talent Horton-Tucker and take Ayo because THT left his AAU team. I could see Mac getting his kid out of there. Only problem there is he wouldn't have access to UK again and he knows it. 

PS-None of this will happen just idle sports talk.

4 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

Did I say it was happening? NO!  Said to keep an eye out.  It probably isn’t going to happen but people are talking and sometimes when there is smoke there is fire. Wonder why people don’t post stuff they hear?  Right here is your answer.  I’m going to continue to do it anyway.  Right or wrong, because most people appreciate it.

Don't use me as an excuse not to post here. I don't post nearly as much as you. The people here like when they are given hope. But you and I really know this isn't happening. Sorry. That is the reason I never share ANYTHING. If it's not what people want to hear they get upset. But you have my word, last time I'll post on this topic.

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Indiana Basketball 

251133433.png.jpg

Trivia time!

In the book 'Red' is an Irishman. Of course for the movie they cast Morgan Freeman for the role and that's why, when Andy is in the yard and asks Freeman why everyone calls him Red, Freeman half smiles, thinks for a few seconds, and says "I guess because I'm Irish"  Lol.

2 minutes ago, Officer Obie said:

Trivia time!

In the book 'Red' is an Irishman. Of course for the movie they cast Morgan Freeman for the role and that's why, when Andy is in the yard and asks Freeman why everyone calls him Red, Freeman half smiles, thinks for a few seconds, and says "I guess because I'm Irish"  Lol.

I haven't read this book -- I LOVE the movie. Time for me to sit down with the book!

25 minutes ago, Officer Obie said:

Trivia time!

The people thought to be cast for it were Robert Redford Clint Eastwood harrison Ford but the director heard Morgan Freeman wanted to be part of it so he was the only "Red" in his eyes. A great Stephen King work

10 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I haven't read this book -- I LOVE the movie. Time for me to sit down with the book!

Since this topic is hopelessly off track, I'll pitch in as well.  I think the book is called Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption. Aside from Red's casting choice, I thought the movie followed the book reasonably well but it's been awhile since I read it.

The movie is my absolute number one. I have the DVD but still watch it every time I find it channel surfing. 

...and for those of you who didn't already know, Stephen King wrote the story. Brilliant stuff a little outside his norm. Kind of like when Grisham writes about people that aren't lawyers.

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

The people thought to be cast for it were Robert Redford Clint Eastwood harrison Ford but the director heard Morgan Freeman wanted to be part of it so he was the only "Red" in his eyes. A great Stephen King work

My baby sis is a big Stephen King fan, I remember her telling me some weird story about King's editors not wanting him to release the book(s) because it would affect his horror reputation.

15 minutes ago, rico said:

My baby sis is a big Stephen King fan, I remember her telling me some weird story about King's editors not wanting him to release the book(s) because it would affect his horror reputation.

I believe he had a lot of push back for The Green Mile as well for same reason 

Plus it was released as 6 novelettes

Archived