Lester Quinones Commits to Memphis

Hoosierdave

25 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

Brooks are in sticky situation. Maybe now they're realizing Cal isn't going to invest much in KBJr. Getting much playing time next season will be a challenge, but if UK lands a top 10 kid in his position in 2020 class, KBJr will be riding the pine again. But decommitment now is easier said than done. By doing so, he'd be labeled as a coward when he hasn't even stepped on the court and competed against other elite players for playing time. My 2 cents is KBJr is stuck with UK for the upcoming season, and if UK lands a high flying small forward in 2020 class, he may transfer and sit out a year. 

Boogie Ellis just got his release from Duke last week.  That was after Tre Jones announced he was coming back.  Ellis saw he wasn't going to get the PT he was promised by K.    So he made that same decision that Brooks could make.

And to get back on topic... Ellis is at Memphis today.    Makes me wonder how close LQ is paying attention.   Oh man can you imagine Ellis committing today and stealing LQ's spotlight decision night?

Go Hoosiers!!!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

Brooks are in sticky situation. Maybe now they're realizing Cal isn't going to invest much in KBJr. Getting much playing time next season will be a challenge, but if UK lands a top 10 kid in his position in 2020 class, KBJr will be riding the pine again. But decommitment now is easier said than done. By doing so, he'd be labeled as a coward when he hasn't even stepped on the court and competed against other elite players for playing time. My 2 cents is KBJr is stuck with UK for the upcoming season, and if UK lands a high flying small forward in 2020 class, he may transfer and sit out a year. 

Yeah I do not really see him decommiting at this point. Also, I do not see him sitting out a year and staying in college three years. My guess is he will go pro no matter what after one year and likely will not get drafter. Daddy Brooks seems sold one being one and done. But to Cal Brooks was never  high option. He only offered him because they missed on other prospects and now is recruiting over him.  Cal I a very smooth salesman and he sold them a vision that they ate up.

21 minutes ago, Ib4IU said:

Also if they thought IU fans were bad I can’t imagine they would hear coming from UK fans should he decommit. 

I also love how the LQ thread has been hikacked by Brooks chat so as to not have to see his actual topic back on the first page. LQ is announcing today and he’s hardly been talked about at all today. 😂

That will change a lot if LQ says he's coming to IU!

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Care to elaborate comrade?

I was referring to the notion that Brooks would potentially be in play. It's like the media generated nonsense right now about LeBron asking for a trade from the Lakers. Not happening. 

2 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Communist?

Lol. 

So one of my undergrad majors was Russian, at IU, which has one of the top slavics/Russian programs in the country. CIA would recruit us, came to campus. 

So as I was packing my bags for law school one day, the phone rings and it's the CIA. He asks if I'm interested in a follow up meeting and possibly working for the CIA. I say no thanks.

He then asks me, deadpan: "Are you a communist?"

No really. True story.

So lots of flip remarks and jokes come to mind, and then I think wait, I'm talking to the CIA on the phone.

So I answer: No, I'm not. 

End of story. lol

57 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Also , Live coverage to be streamed by Memphis radio station.

Click on the listen icon.

Lester Quinones Decision Day | ESPN 92.9 FM

Wouldn't it be hilarious to see him pick IU?? Kinda like a reverse of what the Garlands did to IU....

What kind of exposure is this kid going to get at Memphis?? When's the last time you watched a Memphis game on the tube??

5 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Wouldn't it be hilarious to see him pick IU?? Kinda like a reverse of what the Garlands did to IU....

What kind of exposure is this kid going to get at Memphis?? When's the last time you watched a Memphis game on the tube??

While this in all likelihood won’t happen it would be pretty savage and funny if it did. 

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I have really cruel friends. Got a message saying better be ready for good news at 500.

FYI: He knows nothing other than the announcement time

Stephen King came out with a new book?

The funny thing is most of these guys that we get amped up over, you never hear about them again. Some you do, most you don't. Because of social media, this stuff has taken on a life of its own and feels like losing, but it's really par for the course. It's more fun when you get them, but not the end of the world if you don't. It's really the player's loss. If you'd rather play at a commuter school instead of IU, good luck to you. In by that I mean, bad luck ;)

Archived