Lester Quinones Commits to Memphis

Hoosierdave

9 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Beilien has been voted by his peers as the cleanest coach in the game. Sure Fab 5 Michigan was dirty. Beilien era, doubtful. He just develops players. 

After that cancellation I was watching this recruitment as a barometer to how much of the game are we playing. Are we at the Crean level of recruiting in the grey, have we advanced to a darker shade of grey, are we to the Sean Miller level?  Seems like we are still at the Crean level. For the get old stay old philosophy, that should suffice. 

And that's the weird part....it's not like JB was the cleanest guy in the world coming out of West Virginia and certainly hiring our old buddy Jeff Meyer shows or showed he was willing to get into the grey area. Shoot he hired long time family friend and former Illinois St assistant coach to his staff just to get DJ Carton (which didn't work). He's not as clean as most think. Just my 2 cents. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

And that's the weird part....it's not like JB was the cleanest guy in the world coming out of West Virginia and certainly hiring our old buddy Jeff Meyer shows or showed he was willing to get into the grey area. Shoot he hired long time family friend and former Illinois St assistant coach to his staff just to get DJ Carton (which didn't work). He's not as clean as most think. Just my 2 cents. 

Isn’t that former Illinois st assistant the same guy that has transformed their defense into one of the best in the country, from a middling defense? I thought that was the reason they got him, the Carton connection was just a bonus. 

34 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Are we at the Crean level of recruiting in the grey, have we advanced to a darker shade of grey, are we to the Sean Miller level?

Darker shade of grey? Isn't that one of the bondage novels that all the middle-aged women love? :coffee:

36 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Isn’t that former Illinois st assistant the same guy that has transformed their defense into one of the best in the country, from a middling defense? I thought that was the reason they got him, the Carton connection was just a bonus. 

Luke was hired to get DJ. Let's not get it twisted. Google articles say one thing. Those in the know understand another. 

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Luke was hired to get DJ. Let's not get it twisted. Google articles say one thing. Those in the know understand another. 

I follow Michigan football as much as IU basketball, maybe even more. I listen to their main recruiting analyst podcast that covers both basketball and football for them, and all they have talked about is this guys defensive coaching. I think it was a winning situation either way for them. Worst case they got a great defensive assistant. 

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

If they move back the 3pt line I bet we don’t shoot better. We have marginal shooters from deep at best...we don’t have deep shooters...we need someone to start shooting corner 3s.

Maybe Joey 🤷‍♂️

Image may contain: one or more people, people playing sports and basketball court

2 hours ago, Feathery said:

I follow Michigan football as much as IU basketball, maybe even more. I listen to their main recruiting analyst podcast that covers both basketball and football for them, and all they have talked about is this guys defensive coaching. I think it was a winning situation either way for them. Worst case they got a great defensive assistant. 

OSU is UMs daddy

8 hours ago, btownqb said:

OSU is UMs daddy

Some of my best friends are IU basketball and OSU football fans. When we were in high school michigan was OSU’s daddy. It’s was a rough decade (2000’s). The last decade they have mellowed bc they feel bad (2010’s). Even worse. Lol. I will say they are worried now that Urb retired. 

Thought this was an interesting tweet/opinion from a Maryland fan regarding LQ. Sorry for language abbreviation. Delete if you need. 

tL-l1KBT_bigger.jpgIbrahim Bidu Koroma @BiduKoroma
FollowFollow @BiduKoroma
More

Seeing Lester Quinones commits to Memphis over Indiana makes me actually GLAD AF coach Turgeon decided to move on from that kid. What a foolish decision IU may be down but they’re BY FAR the better school and hoops program. His entire circle is dumb lol what a diva 🐢

13 hours ago, Muckraker said:

We only recruited Lester for 3 months, so I refuse to be upset that he went elsewhere. If we can't land Watford, I hope the staff focuses on finding a dependable shooting grad transfer and call 2019 a wrap. 

Watford has been a no for a long time. I'm told the staff has been looking at some grad transfers but were waiting on LQ. Lets see what happens in the next week here.

46 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Watford has been a no for a long time. I'm told the staff has been looking at some grad transfers but were waiting on LQ. Lets see what happens in the next week here.

Do you think we can assume or have you heard if they’re shooters?

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Thanks. He tweeted it this morning. Obviously he doesn't have a history of this sort of stuff so let's say my curiosity is high. 

Too cryptic for me.  Seeing as how he tweeted about Hinkle's.... maybe he is thinking about a hamburger he had last night.

1 hour ago, goonaha said:

9:30 am was during the Premier League games this morning. Highly unlikely that it was IUBB related.

I saw that in comment section as well...but given all the comments I would hope he would clarify. Guess he doesn't owe anyone anything though.

Archived