Lester Quinones Commits to Memphis

Hoosierdave

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Lol, shows how starved we are.

A guys posts "ummmmm", and we go to "Brooks decommits and comes to IU"

I mean, he could have been posting ummmm because he forgot mothers day?.

I’m going with this was just a second post about Hinkles.  He forgot the Y it was a misstype, it should say “Yummmmmm, guys”

8 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Lol, shows how starved we are.

A guys posts "ummmmm", and we go to "Brooks decommits and comes to IU"

I mean, he could have been posting ummmm because he forgot mothers day?.

I don't think it's solely because of that meaningless tweet - a couple of days ago another message board "expert" raised the Brooks possibility (as unlikely as it may be).

1 hour ago, Zuckerkorn said:

I don't think it's solely because of that meaningless tweet - a couple of days ago another message board "expert" raised the Brooks possibility (as unlikely as it may be).

I still doubt even IF Brooks gets out of his Commitment he comes to IU.  Still needs to be a lot of stuff to happen but 2 of the 3-4 have already so you never know.

12 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

I still doubt even IF Brooks gets out of his Commitment he comes to IU.  Still needs to be a lot of stuff to happen but 2 of the 3-4 have already so you never know.

What are the things that need to happen?

Been biting my tongue about this, but LQ's social media posts that I've seen posted on this thread combined with his interview answers got old and we didn't even recruit him that long. Not trying to act like I don't want him on our team after getting scorned. I wish we had him - he filled a need. 

I realize that I may sound old and out of touch, but playing to fanbases in order to get more instagram followers is off-putting. Posting a picture like you are the second coming of Christ in a photoshopped IU uniform and asking stuff like "Whatchya think Hoosier Nation?" is a little too overtop the for me. This is literally asking for praise. And it also makes our fanbase look desperate for playing into it. And I gotta say that grown fans interacting with a kid on social media is kinda creepy anyway. On the boards we have the saying 'don't feed the trolls' but when it comes to social media we need to stop feeding the blatant seeking for attention. If a recruit is really going to make his decision based off the amount of likes or comments he get on social media then I'm not sure his head is in the right place.  

Signed,

Old Balls McGee

I posted this in the Beilein thread in the General Discussion Forum.  And it is only speculation on my part. However.... we may have stumbled upon the real reason Michigan refused Lester's visit.  They already knew Coach B. was leaving. 

4 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I posted this in the Beilein thread in the General Discussion Forum.  And it is only speculation on my part. However.... we may have stumbled upon the real reason Michigan refused Lester's visit.  They already knew Coach B. was leaving. 

Possibly, but doubtful IMO. Seems like he notified them yesterday, and the Cavs were taking interviews up until much more recent than the cancellation of LQ's visit.

10 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Possibly, but doubtful IMO. Seems like he notified them yesterday, and the Cavs were taking interviews up until much more recent than the cancellation of LQ's visit.

Beilein pulled the plug on the deal over the weekend. That is true. However, according to this story, the Cavs had been "romancing" Beilein, for sometime.  Gilbert's main man has been Beilein for sometime.  It only makes sense that the Cavs would explore alternatives should Beilein do to the Cavs, what he did to the Pistons last year.

Cavs news: John Beilein agrees to 5-year deal to coach Cleveland

I just don't see Beilein as a person who would leave Michigan, high and dry, without even a plan for a replacement.... much less go after a recruit who most likely would re-commit. 

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Beilein pulled the plug on the deal over the weekend. That is true. However, according to this story, the Cavs had been "romancing" Beilein, for sometime.  Gilbert's main man has been Beilein for sometime.  It only makes sense that the Cavs would explore alternatives should Beilein do to the Cavs, what he did to the Pistons last year.

Cavs news: John Beilein agrees to 5-year deal to coach Cleveland

I just don't see Beilein as a person who would leave Michigan, high and dry, without even a plan for a replacement.... much less go after a recruit who most likely would re-commit. 

Beilein had "become increasingly frustrated with the nature of college basketball recruiting and the retention of top players." Let's take those one by one. The FBI investigation that uncovered just how prevalent cheating had become underlined the challenges a by-the-book recruiter like Beilein faced annually. Trust me when I tell you, he won't miss that part of the sport at all. 

Archived