Lester Quinones Commits to Memphis

Hoosierdave

I’m m not going to go absolute here, but there is nothing that makes me feel we have any shot with any big name recruits at this time. We will probably end up with a guard ranked in the 300s and if that makes the sunshine come out for some, that’s great. It does absolutely nothing for me . We have the 49th rated class right now and we had a miserable season. It just where we are right now.  

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Feathery said:

Question. Is this recruitment on the up and up?

I was listening to a Michigan podcast and one of the guys on the panel eluded to it not being. The host of the podcast dismissed it as he hadn’t heard that it wasn’t. The host was the main guy for Michigan 24/7. 

Can someone translate this for me? Thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, Feathery said:

Question. Is this recruitment on the up and up?

I was listening to a Michigan podcast and one of the guys on the panel eluded to it not being. The host of the podcast dismissed it as he hadn’t heard that it wasn’t. The host was the main guy for Michigan 24/7. 

I have ZERO idea if his recruitment is on the “up and up” but can say that more than a few IMG recruitments were known to be “suspicious”.

Quinones looks like a good player,  but not worth cheating to get, especially for Michigan. 

They are rolling as a program right now and this kid isn't the difference between them being a NC title contender or not.

Just like he isn't the difference maker to put us in the national spotlight. 

By no means do I think we should go down that road....but if we are going to start "playing the game", we had better go big and get a Duke type class.  I don't want us to get the Cleveland St. treatment for giving a kid that isnt a complete game changer for us cream cheese on his bagel during his visit.  If we are guna do it, do it big......and then deny, deny, deny.  Die with the lie.  Everyone else is innocent until proven guilty and the NCAA aparently has no interest in proving anyone guilty.

5 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

By no means do I think we should go down that road....but if we are going to start "playing the game", we had better go big and get a Duke type class.  I don't want us to get the Cleveland St. treatment for giving a kid that isnt a complete game changer for us cream cheese on his bagel during his visit.  If we are guna do it, do it big......and then deny, deny, deny.  Die with the lie.  Everyone else is innocent until proven guilty and the NCAA aparently has no interest in proving anyone guilty.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than win by cheating. - Sophocles

......NOT EVEN A CHANCE!!!! 

11 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

If it is, Archie needs to take a page out of his brother’s book and get the bag ready.

I'm fine with whatever we need to do. Guy I see at the gym regularly (I'd say he's in his 60's/70's) said this morning he just doesn't care anymore about bending the rules a little. He said he doesn't want full on SEC bags of cash cheating but if we need to do extra to start landing these guys he said he's all for it. 

I only point this out because maybe it's just who I run into to but plenty are saying similar sentiments. If we need to bend the rules a little so be it. Jim Nantz sure wasn't talking about Bruce Pearl's indiscretions his entire career during the F4 broadcast. 

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm fine with whatever we need to do. Guy I see at the gym regularly (I'd say he's in his 60's/70's) said this morning he just doesn't care anymore about bending the rules a little. He said he doesn't want full on SEC bags of cash cheating but if we need to do extra to start landing these guys he said he's all for it. 

I only point this out because maybe it's just who I run into to but plenty are saying similar sentiments. If we need to bend the rules a little so be it. Jim Nantz sure wasn't talking about Bruce Pearl's indiscretions his entire career during the F4 broadcast. 

To me this kind of thinking is what is wrong with this world and that winning comes before anything and I would never want IU to go down that road.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

To me this kind of thinking is what is wrong with this world and that winning comes before anything and I would never want IU to go down that road.

Amen brother!!!! I would never want to be labeled as a cheating school or even accused like Duke, Kentucky and others. 

Just now, Artesian_86 said:

Amen brother!!!! I would never want to labeled as a cheating school or even accused like Duke, Kentucky and others. 

No doubt and at one time all IU fans thought this way but I think the younger generation only cares about is winning.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

You can think whatever you want but to me it shows what kind of morals people have

And this isn't personal at all to you....but that line of thinking is exactly why IU has had 4 good years in 17. Nothing wrong with it but expecting F4 results in this world by doing things the "right way" all the time.....isn't going to happen. I guess we can live with the moral superiority while others play hoops in April every year. 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

And this isn't personal at all to you....but that line of thinking is exactly why IU has had 4 good years in 17. Nothing wrong with it but expecting F4 results in this world by doing things the "right way" all the time.....isn't going to happen. I guess we can live with the moral superiority while others play hoops in April every year. 

Just tell that to Villanova, UVA and UW who have all made the final four and think this way.

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

No doubt and at one time all IU fans thought this way but I think the younger generation only cares about is winning.

Get out of here with blaming on the younger generation. That's the laziest take I've ever heard. If you older generation had gotten rid of Bobby Knight sooner, we would have been in a lot better spot than we are now. 

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Just tell that to Villanova, UVA and UW who have all made the final four and think this way.

You think Nova is clean? Bo Ryan had an in public affair going on with another woman for years....is that the moral high ground you want as well? Virginia might be clean. Not sure. 1 team over the last 17 years. You can see how people might be fed up. 

16 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

You can think whatever you want but to me it shows what kind of morals people have

Pretty sad state of affairs that some want us to cheat now.  I’m old fashioned and can’t tell others how to think but this is why college ball needs cleaned up and cleaned up quickly.

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

You think Nova is clean? Bo Ryan had an in public affair going on with another woman for years....is that the moral high ground you want as well? Virginia might be clean. Not sure. 1 team over the last 17 years. You can see how people might be fed up. 

Yes I think Villanova is clean and UW on the court is clean and just look at the last 5 final fours and you will see teams making it that is not named UK and Duke.

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Get out of here with blaming on the younger generation. That's the laziest take I've ever heard. If you older generation had gotten rid of Bobby Knight sooner, we would have been in a lot better spot than we are now. 

Well I wanted RMK gone 5 years before he left but this has nothing to do with wanting your team to cheat to win ball games

49 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

It’s really not even cheating... It’s completely condoned by the body that governs college basketball.  Fake classes lead to national championships.  Buy hookers for recruits, you’re back in the tournament next year.  Personally discuss cash offers to recruits on tape, you get a conference championship and Sweet 16.  Heck, as the other recruiting thread that got derailed recently demonstrated, even fans of opposing teams will die on a hill defending programs that are clearly cheating their asses off.

I have a close friend that’s become involved with college coaching at various levels over the last 5 years, and it’s really opened my eyes.  Mentioning “morals” in the same sentence as “college basketball” is just comical.  There are no morals anywhere in college basketball, at any level.

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

I would prefer even to fail with honor than win by cheating. - Sophocles

......NOT EVEN A CHANCE!!!! 

I said I wasn't for it.  I don't want us to do it and I don't think we should do it.  But if it would ever come to light that we were, I am just saying we had better get caught going after WHALES rather than minnos.  Cuz if we get the book thrown at us over #184 in the rankings (random number) I would be even more pissed than if it was #1-10.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well I wanted RMK gone 5 years before he left but this has nothing to do with wanting your team to cheat to win ball games

So.... you just proved my point. Don't group the younger generation together. Sorry but that was a ridiculous post. 

Archived