Lester Quinones Commits to Memphis

Hoosierdave

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I say the fans I am targeting is probably between 18-30 and probably did not grow up living and dying with IU basketball.  I think the fans who did not grow up being IU fans and only became fans once they went to IU for college doesn't care about the past and how things use to work around here.

Your assumptions are insane. I quoted you in another thread, we can continue this there. 

TJD just tweeted out to blow up Lester's page. Those darn youngsters. How dare they tweet at recruits. 

Edit-One thing to add. Looked at things LQ has liked. He's liked things about Memphis and Michigan multiple times. He also like a comment from an IU fan that said they would prefer Harris over LQ. Haha....always working against ourselves. 

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

TJD just tweeted out to blow up Lester's page. Those darn youngsters. How dare they tweet at recruits. 

Edit-One thing to add. Looked at things LQ has liked. He's liked things about Memphis and Michigan multiple times. He also like a comment from an IU fan that said they would prefer Harris over LQ. Haha....always working against ourselves. 

So is the recruiting world these days.....sigh

26 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

What an idiot!

48 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I was told numerous times that recruits don't care about what fans say and have no influence on their decisions. LOL!

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I’ve never understood the need to bash a younger generation.  I am a Gen Xer and we got bashed, so I know the feeling.  The Baby Boomers were obviously bashed by the WWII generation.  And, a generation is so diverse that it’s very hard to generalize anyway. Overall, younger folks have inherited a raw deal in many ways in terms of future debt, shaky job prospects, divisive politics and bad leadership from Boomers and Gen Xers. 

If there's one thing consistent about history; it's an older generation complaining about a younger generation. Recently it was Gen Xer's don't care, Baby Boomers have no respect. But even Aristotle complained about the younger generations in his writings. After the wheel was invented I'm sure the elder caveman were bitching about the younger generation being ungrateful because they have it 'sooooooooo easy'. 

Can we just chalk this up to: Old people always be cranky? 

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I think we need to move past the point of trying to use who a player is following on Twitter or what posts they're liking as any indication at all. Everyone was all excited because Harris followed a bunch of IU people on Twitter coming out of his visit. Well of course he did, he just spent two days with those guys. It's what you do. 

In my world, when we're looking to hire an agency to support our marketing I go follow a bunch of the agencies we're looking at on Facebook, Twitter and IG. If it gets as far as a meeting I'll usually go follow a bunch of the agencies employees that I met in the meeting on Twitter. It means nothing as far as which agency we're going to select. 

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

I think we need to move past the point of trying to use who a player is following on Twitter or what posts they're liking as any indication at all. Everyone was all excited because Harris followed a bunch of IU people on Twitter coming out of his visit. Well of course he did, he just spent two days with those guys. It's what you do. 

In my world, when we're looking to hire an agency to support our marketing I go follow a bunch of the agencies we're looking at on Facebook, Twitter and IG. If it gets as far as a meeting I'll usually go follow a bunch of the agencies employees that I met in the meeting on Twitter. It means nothing as far as which agency we're going to select. 

And for my work I specifically don't follow anyone on my work twitter or other social media platforms  I do business with because I don't want to show competition who I'm working with. Guess it can both ways. 

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

And for my work I specifically don't follow anyone on my work twitter or other social media platforms  I do business with because I don't want to show competition who I'm working with. Guess it can both ways. 

We're probably in much different industries. I follow so many people in my industry that you wouldn't be able to tell who I work with and who I don't. But I think the point stands that a players follows or even post likes, don't really indicate anything one way or another in terms of which school they're selecting. 

Just wanted to make it clear, I wasn't directing my reply at you, I was just using your post as a jumping off point for my reply. 

25 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I use my competition's social media for opportunities to try and gain new business. As well as all negative Google reviews. Therefore I try not to give competitors anything on social media etc..

12 minutes ago, BGleas said:

We're probably in much different industries. I follow so many people in my industry that you wouldn't be able to tell who I work with and who I don't. But I think the point stands that a players follows or even post likes, don't really indicate anything one way or another in terms of which school they're selecting. 

Just wanted to make it clear, I wasn't directing my reply at you, I was just using your post as a jumping off point for my reply. 

No worries and I agree. Some people tip their hand a bit but not all. Will be curious to see if Harris continues to follow those guys. 

8 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Well if you think I take that as a put down I don't because I take it as a compliment.  Also this has done on for generations because my grand father and father generation did not like how things changed when they got older as well.  To me all the changes to rules and how the game is played is to get the interest of the younger people and it makes the older people feel like they don't matter.

Your father and grandfather didn't like all the changes. Yet did that diminish your love for the game that you grew up enjoying? Would anything they said have changed your mind or perspective?

Because now, you are them. Regardless of what you may say about the old days being better, there are plenty of people out there with genuine love for today's game. They don't hold anything against your era, just like you didn't hold anything against the eras your father and grandfather loved. But it's not theirs.

2 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Your father and grandfather didn't like all the changes. Yet did that diminish your love for the game that you grew up enjoying? Would anything they said have changed your mind or perspective?

Because now, you are them. Regardless of what you may say about the old days being better, there are plenty of people out there with genuine love for today's game. They don't hold anything against your era, just like you didn't hold anything against the eras your father and grandfather loved. But it's not theirs.

Nice DB Cooper picture. Always bought the theory about Don Draper being DB Cooper as the seasons progressed. PS...anyone hearing any tidbits on LQ's visit? Or since he's not announcing until May 10th we probably won't?

Archived