Jump to content

Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!


Hoosierdave

Lester Quinones Commits to Memphis

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

It may not happen but many people know that Dad bought what Teflon John was selling but not the whole family. I dont see it happening for many reasons and 1 of which admitting a mistake

That's the hardest part. Admitting it was a mistake. Ego...especially in the world of elite level recruiting....causes so many problems and errors by the handlers and some parents. 

Edited by Seeking6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

It may not happen but many people know that Dad bought what Teflon John was selling but not the whole family. I dont see it happening for many reasons and 1 of which admitting a mistake

Better to admit a mistake while it can still be corrected then to possibly hurt career chances down the road to save face.

There are potentially millions of dollars on the table for this kid, staying somewhere where you might not get the best chance to show what you can do could be extremely detrimental to his future earning potential.

Even after all that was said about IU fans by the family, I'd still welcome the kid back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it kind of funny we are reading posts about Brooks not getting on the court at UK if they land all this other talent, because I guarantee you if the 0.001% happens and he gets out of his LOI and come to IU all we will read will be about is how he is the greatest thing since sliced bread and UK will regret letting him get away.  

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Better to admit a mistake while it can still be corrected then to possibly hurt career chances down the road to save face.

There are potentially millions of dollars on the table for this kid, staying somewhere where you might not get the best chance to show what you can do could be extremely detrimental to his future earning potential.

Even after all that was said about IU fans by the family, I'd still welcome the kid back.

I am all for 2nd chances. Admitting a mistake is only 1 of the many reasons it wont happen. Hindsight being what it is if we were a fly on the wall I believe we could hear some very interesting discussion 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BDB said:

Maybe IU dodged a bullet regarding Brooks' Pops.

Can you imagine Brooks dad vs Justin Smiths dad on Twitter? 😳

  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I find it kind of funny we are reading posts about Brooks not getting on the court at UK if they land all this other talent, because I guarantee you if the 0.001% happens and he gets out of his LOI and come to IU all we will read will be about is how he is the greatest thing since sliced bread and UK will regret letting him get away.  

To me it is the difference between playing 15 minutes a game and 30.  He is a good player either way, but at Kentucky he has a bunch of similarly good guys at his position that will cut into his time.  We have an opening for him right away with more minutes available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I am all for 2nd chances. Admitting a mistake is only 1 of the many reasons it wont happen. Hindsight being what it is if we were a fly on the wall I believe we could hear some very interesting discussion 

Was it his mistake or Dad's?  Maybe Mom decides to throw some weight around if she feels that Calipari sold them a lie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before LQ chooses Memphis(my opinion not insight info), appears two hard sought after targets will have been recruited over(Brooks with UK and LQ at Memphis) and may not see a substantial amount of playing time during their freshman year.  If the ultimate goal for both Brooks and LQ is to get to the NBA fast, they may need to re-evaluate their school decision.  If Brooks plays off the bench the entire season, no way he is a top 15 pick next season.  Not sure LQ could be a lottery pick after 1 season in college regardless of where he plays BUT with an ample amount of playing time that IU could offer LQ that could help LQ get into the first round. Just my thoughts.  Been quiet and just monitoring posts for a bit with work and taking care of a 3 month old.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

@FKIM01 and @Billingsley99, between LQ likely popping for Memphis and Morton for Purdue, do you guys have the plunger ready for later today?

I think to get both of those down it gonna be a tag team effort and more than a plunger

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

@FKIM01 and @Billingsley99, between LQ likely popping for Memphis and Morton for Purdue, do you guys have the plunger ready for later today?

I hope someone does I was hoping all this brooks crap would not be discussed any further. I hope he stays at Kentucky. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Was it his mistake or Dad's?  Maybe Mom decides to throw some weight around if she feels that Calipari sold them a lie.

I was not there but many have led me to believe Cal sold Dad,Dad forced it on family as a purely business decision.  I am going back to try and locate message I received from someone very close to this process that the kid from Ft Wayne that chose UK gave IU staff a verbal commitment. Trying to find exact date I was given this intel

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Before LQ chooses Memphis(my opinion not insight info), appears two hard sought after targets will have been recruited over(Brooks with UK and LQ at Memphis) and may not see a substantial amount of playing time during their freshman year.  If the ultimate goal for both Brooks and LQ is to get to the NBA fast, they may need to re-evaluate their school decision.  If Brooks plays off the bench the entire season, no way he is a top 15 pick next season.  Not sure LQ could be a lottery pick after 1 season in college regardless of where he plays BUT with an ample amount of playing time that IU could offer LQ that could help LQ get into the first round. Just my thoughts.  Been quiet and just monitoring posts for a bit with work and taking care of a 3 month old.   

Exactly.  You go where the opportunity is.  You don't chase the uniform or the shiny new brand.  Ask Brandon Peters how that worked out.  Or Hunter Johnson.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

Did I say it was happening? NO!  Said to keep an eye out.  It probably isn’t going to happen but people are talking and sometimes when there is smoke there is fire. Wonder why people don’t post stuff they hear?  Right here is your answer.  I’m going to continue to do it anyway.  Right or wrong, because most people appreciate it.

I appreciate what you bring 0708.......

 

downloadfile-1.gif

Edited by Artesian_86
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

Well Arch did his best but as several have said it was a little to late.  I’m not trying to get anything started but keep your eyes and ears open for someone that was very interested in IU, that is already committed and who is being recruited over to possibly have second thoughts. Nothing happening yet but some chatter starting that a certain French fry condiment could be up for sale again.  Don’t get too excited just yet though, gotta see how the other dominoes fall first.  May be a moot point but something to watch.

Did that certain player not sign his LOI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I find it kind of funny we are reading posts about Brooks not getting on the court at UK if they land all this other talent, because I guarantee you if the 0.001% happens and he gets out of his LOI and come to IU all we will read will be about is how he is the greatest thing since sliced bread and UK will regret letting him get away.  

Of course. That's what fans do. But in terms of your point with who they have coming back and who they've signed....it's obvious Cal is doubling down and continuing to add talent. If he was as sold on his original commits (Brooks or Whitney) he wouldn't keep adding at the same position. 

Obviously on an IU board Brooks will garner the most attention but I wouldn't be surprised one bit if  Whitney is the one to leave. He's a Mac Irvin kid who is about as shady as it gets in Chicago. He's the one that made Underwood not take Talent Horton-Tucker and take Ayo because THT left his AAU team. I could see Mac getting his kid out of there. Only problem there is he wouldn't have access to UK again and he knows it. 

 

PS-None of this will happen just idle sports talk.

Edited by Seeking6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Cutter said:

I hope someone does I was hoping all this brooks crap would not be discussed any further. I hope he stays at Kentucky. 

Whose crap? Never heard of him. The old librarian guy in Shawshank?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Whose crap? Never heard of him. The old librarian guy in Shawshank?

Lol love that movie 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

Did I say it was happening? NO!  Said to keep an eye out.  It probably isn’t going to happen but people are talking and sometimes when there is smoke there is fire. Wonder why people don’t post stuff they hear?  Right here is your answer.  I’m going to continue to do it anyway.  Right or wrong, because most people appreciate it.

Don't use me as an excuse not to post here. I don't post nearly as much as you. The people here like when they are given hope. But you and I really know this isn't happening. Sorry. That is the reason I never share ANYTHING. If it's not what people want to hear they get upset. But you have my word, last time I'll post on this topic.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet I wouldn’t be more surprised. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...