Lester Quinones Commits to Memphis

Hoosierdave

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've tried to avoid the boards for a few hours and reading some post game comments  I'll stay away again. Mentioned this last week or week before that. I could see a scenario based on Coach words too....where we have multiple transfers/forced transfers as high as 6-7 guys gone after this year. If that's what we have to do to get this thing right. So be it. I'm just tired of it. 

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I've tried to avoid the boards for a few hours and reading some post game comments  I'll stay away again. Mentioned this last week or week before that. I could see a scenario based on Coach words too....where we have multiple transfers/forced transfers as high as 6-7 guys gone after this year. If that's what we have to do to get this thing right. So be it. I'm just tired of it. 

I've heard possibility of many transfers, but did not hear 6-7 transfers. I don't want speculation or names getting put out there but I don't see anyway that there is 6-7 transfers after this year. Again i will say that I don't think this recruit means anything about Brooks

2 minutes ago, HoosierKix said:

I've heard possibility of many transfers, but did not hear 6-7 transfers. I don't want speculation or names getting put out there but I don't see anyway that there is 6-7 transfers after this year. Again i will say that I don't think this recruit means anything about Brooks

Don't quote me but I see major changes coming. Our current guys are making the same mistakes time and time again in game 20 whatever of the season. Nothing our staff can do is going to change some of the kids. I can see plenty leaving, graduating, heading to pros,etc....

24 minutes ago, HoosierKix said:

I don't think he meant 6 or 7 transfers but we will lose Morgan, McRoberts and Fitzner and probably Romeo

1 minute ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

By reading what has been posted about him, he is def what Archie is looking for.  His toughness, competitive edge and 3 pt shooting would do wonders for this team from the 2 position. 

Wasn't a great mystery that our best part of the game yesterday was when we tied it up at 49 it was because shots were falling. Archie is probably just at his wits end. He's going to find shooters. Whether it's this one to go with Jerome (if healthy) or someone else. He's going to have RP, 2 shooters, and TJD, Keion on the court next year. 

https://hoosierstateofmind.com/2019/02/10/indiana-basketball-hoosiers-make-cut-2019-recruit/amp/

“They came in just a little while ago and Coach Archie Miller has been texting me and my high school coaches lately. They need a scorer and shooter to come in right away, which I think I can do. I’m starting to build a strong relationship with Coach Miller and his assistants.”

I think we are really going to see roster turnover after the school year.

6 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

https://hoosierstateofmind.com/2019/02/10/indiana-basketball-hoosiers-make-cut-2019-recruit/amp/

“They came in just a little while ago and Coach Archie Miller has been texting me and my high school coaches lately. They need a scorer and shooter to come in right away, which I think I can do. I’m starting to build a strong relationship with Coach Miller and his assistants.”

My biggest take away from this is the last sentence by itself.   I will leave it at that.  You can see it on the court.

21 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I’m sure he thinks he can do it. I’m sure Green thinks the same thing 

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I’m sure he thinks he can do it. I’m sure Green thinks the same thing 

I think every player thinks they can.  However, I think this speaks to the fact that the coaching staff has lost faith in some players on the team's ability to ever do so.

I think we are going to have transfers because it is better for the program to just part ways with them and I think we will have transfers from kids who are good guys but who just don't appear to fit into the staff's plans (thinking a guy like Moore, seems like a good kid but I do not see him getting a really good shot here).

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Wasn't a great mystery that our best part of the game yesterday was when we tied it up at 49 it was because shots were falling. Archie is probably just at his wits end. He's going to find shooters. Whether it's this one to go with Jerome (if healthy) or someone else. He's going to have RP, 2 shooters, and TJD, Keion on the court next year. 

Yes, our shooting is dreadful and despite what some critics post - I know the coaching staff is very aware of our "issues".  Heck, on the radio broadcast yesterday Fischer made comments of exasperation about the dumb plays by a couple of our favorite players to criticize ("..if I were Archie and I had any hair, I'd probably be pulling it all out because of plays like that".. paraphrased).  Everyone sees it.  It's pretty clear that the players aren't going to magically transform into what they aren't (exemptions for freshmen), so looking to bring in what we need is one of the solutions.  I don't know what our chances are with this young man, but I hope we're not getting in the pool too late.

Archived