Lester Quinones Commits to Memphis

Hoosierdave

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Seems unlikely but that is pretty impressive for the staff to end up in the top 5 for a kid they haven't been recruiting for all that long.

IMG_2855.PNG

That’s what a weak roster in a B1G program where you know you are better than what they have will do. Green. Al, even Rob won’t intimidate a top recruit from worrying if he will play over them. Recruits saw our lack of shooting/scoring too...they know if they can do better they will play. Archie can recruit...question is can he build a roster and can he coach.

I keep seeing predictions roll in for him to Memphis. Go to Memphis' website and read their bios for Penny and Mike Miller, and then read IU's bio on Archie and Ed. I just don't get why so many of these kids have so much confidence in Memphis' staff when their biggest accomplishment is Penny winning a couple high school championships. 

1 hour ago, Hoosierdave said:

I keep seeing predictions roll in for him to Memphis. Go to Memphis' website and read their bios for Penny and Mike Miller, and then read IU's bio on Archie and Ed. I just don't get why so many of these kids have so much confidence in Memphis' staff when their biggest accomplishment is Penny winning a couple high school championships. 

NBA experience would be my guess.  Penny and Mike were both successful in the NBA

2 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

NBA experience would be my guess.  Penny and Mike were both successful in the NBA

Not knocking them as players but if the selling point is playing for successful NBA players, then why aren't all these kids lining up to play at Georgetown? Ewing was a better player than both of them and there's nothing to suggest that Georgetown can't return to what it once was. 

1 hour ago, Hoosierdave said:

Not knocking them as players but if the selling point is playing for successful NBA players, then why aren't all these kids lining up to play at Georgetown? Ewing was a better player than both of them and there's nothing to suggest that Georgetown can't return to what it once was. 

Ewing has the personality of an Egg meanwhile Penny was one of the most popular and likable players of his era. I liked him and the magic more than the bulls and jordan as a 9-12 year old. The commercials, the name, the legendary magic jersey, his game, the duo with shaq, and he also had one of the most iconic shoes in history with the foamposits. The guy is an absolute legend and just has a buzz and positive aura he carries. He came off genuine, nice, and someone you could relate to which is rare for superstars. 

2 hours ago, JWoolsey said:

Ewing has the personality of an Egg meanwhile Penny was one of the most popular and likable players of his era. I liked him and the magic more than the bulls and jordan as a 9-12 year old. The commercials, the name, the legendary magic jersey, his game, the duo with shaq, and he also had one of the most iconic shoes in history with the foamposits. The guy is an absolute legend and just has a buzz and positive aura he carries. He came off genuine, nice, and someone you could relate to which is rare for superstars. 

You realize Hardaway was washed up by the time these kids were born?? Heck by the time they watched the NBA he was out of the league. He has connections through AAU circuit and most of his top recruits are Memphis area kids. I think his reach is a little exaggerated. The Penny you and I remember is not what these kids know.

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

You realize Hardaway was washed up by the time these kids were born?? Heck by the time they watched the NBA he was out of the league. He has connections through AAU circuit and most of his top recruits are Memphis area kids. I think his reach is a little exaggerated. The Penny you and I remember is not what these kids know.

Actually that makes it even more appealing I think. Who's this Penny dude that everyone's talking about? Oh...that dude who shut Jordan and Pippen down and ruined Jordan's comeback...I think I've heard of him. There's google and youtube. People know who Pennny is dude. The retro's are back in style and the foamposites dropped to a big reception not long ago. Sold out.

https://stockx.com/nike-air-foamposite-one-memphis-tigers

Whoops, those have been on SNKRS forever and haven't dopped yet. (Damn it, they did drop and sell out. I was right initially.)

https://stockx.com/air-foamposite-one-royal-blue-20th-anniversary-signed-card

Didn't realize they came out in 17.

3 minutes ago, JWoolsey said:

Actually that makes it even more appealing I think. Who's this Penny dude that everyone's talking about? Oh...that dude who shut Jordan and Pippen down and ruined Jordan's comeback...I think I've heard of him. There's google and youtube. People know who Pennny is dude. The retro's are back in style and the foamposites dropped to a big reception not long ago. Sold out.

I’m a HS Track coach in Wisconsin...just today I was walking down the hallway and a boy had head phones on and was wearing a Larry Bird jacket...nuff said. 

I stopped the kid and said “that jacket is AMAZING.” He smiled big and said “thanks dude, Bird was amazing.”

1 minute ago, BADGERVOL said:

I’m a HS Track coach in Wisconsin...just today I was walking down the hallway and a boy had head phones on and was wearing a Larry Bird jacket...nuff said. 

I stopped the kid and said “that jacket is AMAZING.” He smiled big and said “thanks dude, Bird was amazing.”

That's awesome. I have a lot of faith in this generation...there's a lot of pressure on them and they all know it. They all get along and seem in tune with the world and all the big issues.  

13 minutes ago, JWoolsey said:

Whoops, those have been on SNKRS forever and haven't dopped yet. (Damn it, they did drop and sell out. I was right initially.)

https://stockx.com/air-foamposite-one-royal-blue-20th-anniversary-signed-card

Didn't realize they came out in 17.

This will quickly wear thin. Winning will not. 

42 minutes ago, JWoolsey said:

That's awesome. I have a lot of faith in this generation...there's a lot of pressure on them and they all know it. They all get along and seem in tune with the world and all the big issues.  

Every generation has its positives and negatives. You nailed some of their positives.

12 hours ago, BADGERVOL said:

I'm glad you didn't grab him by the throat for calling you "dude". 😎

Lester just said he'll announce on May 10th. Unless there are other visits scheduled...it seems he'll do his visits and take some time to evaluate. Not sure if the May 10th date has any significance in terms of kids coming or going, transferring or headed to pros for all schools involved. 

6 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Lester just said he'll announce on May 10th. Unless there are other visits scheduled...it seems he'll do his visits and take some time to evaluate. Not sure if the May 10th date has any significance in terms of kids coming or going, transferring or headed to pros for all schools involved. 

Not that I can tell. Players have until May 29th to withdrawal from draft. I think May 15th is end of signing period...not sure what that would mean for a kid unsigned...anyways seems like his own date.

Question. Is this recruitment on the up and up?

I was listening to a Michigan podcast and one of the guys on the panel eluded to it not being. The host of the podcast dismissed it as he hadn’t heard that it wasn’t. The host was the main guy for Michigan 24/7. 

3 minutes ago, Feathery said:

I was listening to a Michigan podcast and one of the guys on the panel eluded to it not being. The host of the podcast dismissed it as he hadn’t heard that it wasn’t. The host was the main guy for Michigan 24/7. 

Anytime Memphis and LSU are involved it could be brought into question as to whether it is or not.

15 minutes ago, Feathery said:

If it is, Archie needs to take a page out of his brother’s book and get the bag ready.

Archived