IU Post Game Show W/Steve Risley and Collin Hartman

Hoosier30

I don’t know the answer but I’d think Archie would have as free of a reign as anyone beings how Fred is the one that hired him. Maybe I’m wrong.  ADs are always tied to the lead sport of the school they work for.  If I was Fred I wouldn’t be micromanaging anything at this point but then again it is Fred. Lol

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

Well they aren’t professionals by any means that’s for sure.  I think that’s partly why I like them.  That and they cuss like sailors! Lol.  

Oh no it was great. It was the first time I listened to it and it was for sure not what I expected. 

14 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

I never saw Risley play, but I heard he was tough as nails.  A quick google got me this

1,690 career points and 1,172 career rebounds set Lawrence Central school records, in addition to career records for steals and blocked shots...  averaged over 24 points and 12 rebounds per game as junior and senior for two-time sectional champs and two-time Marion County champs

Man, I wish I could have put up numbers like that. 

11 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I never saw him play either, I was just going off of what he said.  I personally think it can be taught, granted teaching it isn’t as easy as when it comes naturally but that can be said about anything.  

I think kids can get better at it, yes.  To have that will to win and NEVER take a play off is something within.

There is just those things in sports

Great baseball player, raw power, speed - can't hit, but the kid you wouldnt pickout can.

McDonalds All Americans that never make it, but the 200th rank kid that does.

Typing from my phone...sorry about the incomplete thoughts.

2 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I don’t know the answer but I’d think Archie would have as free of a reign as anyone beings how Fred is the one that hired him. Maybe I’m wrong.  ADs are always tied to the lead sport of the school they work for.  If I was Fred I wouldn’t be micromanaging anything at this point but then again it is Fred. Lol

That's why I was asking. I don't have connections and the one's I do know don't say much....but I do know how to put puzzles together. Lots of pieces the last 2-3 years of Crean and first 2 of Archie are leading me to Fred and our Administration. 

Good listen. I got a little confused at the end when the podcast basically assigned blame to everyone outside of the coaching staff/players. I guess the only thing logically I can think of the administration as a hindrance would be if Glass did in fact say you gotta keep certain players despite Archie wanting to do differently...and for a meaningful impact hat would mean multiple players. 

Outside of that, who exactly is tying Archie and the team's hand in winning basketball games? I mean, maybe the Administration is that dumb, but if my job is on the line and I am directly impeding that person from full potential that seems like one of the dumbest ideas I've heard. 

2 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

I agree and disagree all of them :) but in the end you can change whatever you  want, and these guys still wont hit a shot.  

Risley lost me on " one of the most talented teams we've had in years" hell no

Oh, the team has a lot of talent, but we have two players that really haven't even played this year.  Add the rumored locker room disfunction and you have a recipe for disappointment.

15 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Oh, the team has a lot of talent, but we have two players that really haven't even played this year.  Add the rumored locker room disfunction and you have a recipe for disappointment.

Depends on how we are measuring  talent..  from a shooting standpoint,  we are probably the least talented i can even remember. 

And I am probably very negative towards them, due to that fact... we do have some talent i guess... i would just about do anything for consistent shooting and win the opening tip.

42 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

Depends on how we are measuring  talent..  from a shooting standpoint,  we are probably the least talented i can even remember. 

And I am probably very negative towards them, due to that fact... we do have some talent i guess... i would just about do anything for consistent shooting and win the opening tip.

Poor-shooting team for certain, but who would have expected Romeo to shoot 26.8% from distance?  Or Zack McRoberts to be at 20%? Damezi Anderson was supposed to be a floor stretcher, but is shooting at 26.9%, a far cry from the 37% he averaged in high school.  I think in several cases, players have shot worse than you would expect given their resumes.  No idea why this seems to be the case.

2 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

I never saw him play either, I was just going off of what he said.  I personally think it can be taught, granted teaching it isn’t as easy as when it comes naturally but that can be said about anything.  

Coached when he played and still coach. Most kids won't take coaching like they used to. It's hard to push kids like we used to. 

Archived