Colson Montgomery

HoosierKix

38 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Wow....if he goes that high....forget about going to IU. I would be happy and sad at the same time. 

Not to be a fuddy duddy but is there a reason this is in the basketball section and not the baseball? 

I don't know why it's in the basketball section. I just saw the mock draft and then remembered there was a thread about him here and didn't even notice it was in basketball instead of baseball.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cybergates said:

I don't know why it's in the basketball section. I just saw the mock draft and then remembered there was a thread about him here and didn't even notice it was in basketball instead of baseball.

No it's fine...I haven't been over to the baseball section since we basically got eliminated late in the year with a string of losses...so I'm glad to see it here...guess we are just odd. We have a thread for Luke Brown and Colson Montgomery in the basketball section when neither will ever step a foot on the floor at Assembly Hall...just funny lol.

47 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Wow....if he goes that high....forget about going to IU. I would be happy and sad at the same time. 

Not to be a fuddy duddy but is there a reason this is in the basketball section and not the baseball? 

I think it is in the basketball section because some thought he might walk-on to the basketball team if he decides to attend school instead of going pro. Even though he can't walk-on to the basketball team while on a baseball scholarship and it is starting to appear to be unlikely that he'll even end up at IU, this thread just hasn't been moved elsewhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ephul said:

Mid 2nd rounders get about $2mil

The actual slot / bonus pool money for the 55th pick (mid 2nd round) was $1.3MM in ‘20 and the same in the upcoming ‘21 draft. But the 55th pick last year got $2MM, which was over slot. 

Edited by kyhoosier29

4 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

The actual slot / bonus pool money for the 55th pick (mid 2nd round) was $1.3MM in ‘20 and the same in the upcoming ‘21 draft. But the 55th pick last year got $2MM, which was over slot. 

If Montgomery goes 2nd round and they are confident he will sign, he will go over slot

On 6/21/2021 at 12:42 PM, dgambill said:

Because 3/4 of the people that post and lurk on here only look and post on the BB main board and BB recruiting board. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

19. Colson Montgomery, SS, Southridge HS (IN)

Colson Montgomery is on the older side for a high school draftee, as he'll celebrate his 20th birthday before beginning his first full professional season. Not every team will hold his (relative) seniority against him, however, and there have been rumors he could go within the top 10 as part of an underslot agreement. Should that prove to be another puff of smoke, he's likely to go in the early 20s, at latest. Expect Montgomery to engender countless Corey Seager comparisons whenever he's selected because of his size (he's listed at 6-foot-4), position, and powerful left-handed swing. Regardless of the overzealous nature of those comps, he's likely to forego his commitment to Indiana, perhaps by telling them, "I dig you, baby, but I got to keep movin' on, keep movin' on."

• Sad 1

1st round, huh?  Bummer for the IU baseball program.  He would have been huge for the program, but with his projections jumping like they have, there's definitely a "help is on the way" vibe here.  Wish him well.  You can't fault a kid for taking first round $$$.

2 hours ago, Indykev said:

recruiting needs to pick up if our hottest thread in basketball if about a baseball player.

LOL....I was literally thinking the same thing!! Hoping in the next month we get some momentum! Kids will like to make some decisions before their senior year.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

This can't be re-iterated enough.  Keeping the roster nearly intact is a borderline coup. 

Yep...look at a majority of college basketball teams....returning almost the entire roster isn't the norm....and through a coaching change....it is basically unheard of.