Colson Montgomery

HoosierKix

2021 is incredibly loaded. Maybe not at top heavy as 2007, but the depth of it is unreal 

Montgomery (love hes a legit 3 sport star) 

Blackmon

Hopf 

Sisley 

Lander

Furst 

Kaufman (if he grows more he and Furst could be dominat)

Jacobi (not sure exactly where he fits at the next level) 

Thomas 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2019 at 8:39 PM, btownqb said:

I thought that as a possibility as well.. but after the year he's had in basketball I'm going to have to say it is. 

Since he’s only a sophomore, how good of a quarterback or baseball player can he be?  He’s got prototypical qb size too. Of course, if he grows to 6’7, who knows.  

I haven’t seen him play, but from what you guys say and some articles on the web, it sounds like he is a classic home grown Hoosier kid that’s a no brainer for IU in his best sport.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Since he’s only a sophomore, how good of a quarterback or baseball player can he be?  He’s got prototypical qb size too. Of course, if he grows to 6’7, who knows.  

I haven’t seen him play, but from what you guys say and some articles on the web, it sounds like he is a classic home grown Hoosier kid that’s a no brainer for IU in his best sport.  

QB.. just hard to be a big time prospect with the schedule he plays. While it's a solid 2A schedule... it's not the big boys. They play 5 teams every year in the regular season that are AWFULLLLL. I would think baseball would be his 2nd sport with the best chance to "make it big". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

It would be nice if he could come to IU to play baseball or football and play basketball too. That way IU wouldn’t have to use a basketball scholly on him with that deep 2021 class. I know baseball and basketball overlap so that could be difficult but it would still be nice. 

That would be nice. Anyone remember Kelcey Mucker from Lawrenceburg? Tremendous 3 sort athlete that was going to try all 3 at IU. Got drafted by the Twins and not sure after that. Outside of Damon the hardest person I ever TRIED to guard.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

That would be nice. Anyone remember Kelcey Mucker from Lawrenceburg? Tremendous 3 sort athlete that was going to try all 3 at IU. Got drafted by the Twins and not sure after that. Outside of Damon the hardest person I ever TRIED to guard.

Just looked him up.  6 years with the Twins, 3 months with the Indians and the last 13 years as a scout for the A's.  Not sure about the time between.

It would be awesome to see a really great two sport star shine at IU.

Edited by PoHoosier

22 minutes ago, PoHoosier said:

Just looked him up.  6 years with the Twins, 3 months with the Indians and the last 13 years as a scout for the A's.  Not sure about the time between.

It would be awesome to see a really great two sport star shine at IU.

Outside of soccer and swimming.....can we just get several great one sport stars to shine at IU???  We've  had some fizzle and spark a little bit lately.  We keep getting bottle rockets and we need some Chinese New Year $h!t!!! 🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆

3 hours ago, DC2345 said:

It would be nice if he could come to IU to play baseball or football and play basketball too. That way IU wouldn’t have to use a basketball scholly on him with that deep 2021 class. I know baseball and basketball overlap so that could be difficult but it would still be nice. 

Well baseball wouldn't be giving him any money if they had to share him with another sport, I can promise you that. 

I doubt football would be interested if it were a QB unless he was an absolute stud. Can't waste schollys on someone like that. If it were a DB or WR it wouldn't be a big deal. 

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Damon was a bad man. (Slang for ”good/very tough”)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Well baseball wouldn't be giving him any money if they had to share him with another sport, I can promise you that. 

I doubt football would be interested if it were a QB unless he was an absolute stud. Can't waste schollys on someone like that. If it were a DB or WR it wouldn't be a big deal. 

It's pretty likely at this point that he plays baseball.

He has much more of a chance to having a professional career in baseball as opposed to basketball. 

He's a really good athlete though. Wouldn't surprise me if he went the other way around, but at this point, it's baseball.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ephul said:

He has much more of a chance to having a professional career in baseball as opposed to basketball. 

He's a really good athlete though. Wouldn't surprise me if he went the other way around, but at this point, it's baseball.

Then why is he playing all summer on EG10's AAU basketball team and not on a travel baseball team? I mean is this your opinion?

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

Just now, ephul said:

That would be like a Scott Rolen story. What an athlete he was.  Maybe one of the best defensive 3b of my lifetime. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Then why is he playing all summer on EG10's AAU basketball team and not on a travel baseball team? I mean is this your opinion?

Because he likes to play basketball. And if you talk to any MLB scout, they'll tell you they LOVE when prospects play multiple sports. They prefer it actually.

He'll have a really tough decision. But like Bob Saccamanno said, it''ll be much like Scott Rolen. People don't realize how good Scott Rolen actually was at basketball.

Just now, ephul said:

Because he likes to play basketball. And if you talk to any MLB scout, they'll tell you they LOVE when prospects play multiple sports. They prefer it actually.

He'll have a really tough decision. But like Bob Saccamanno said, it''ll be much like Scott Rolen. People don't realize how good Scott Rolen actually was at basketball.

I realize all of this. I coach football and basketball and plead with my athletes to play multiple sports. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ephul said:

Wasn't Rolen all state in basketball?

7 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Havent heard that name for awhile...Mucker is now a scout for Oakland A's.. having earned scout of the year in '08 and '12

Edited by HoosierJax
  • Like 1