Colson Montgomery

HoosierKix

2 minutes ago, ephul said:

Haha, sure thing

Idk know what else to tell you. When Colsen committed to IU, he was 100% set on attending IU. He blew up last summer at some tourneys, showcases, and invites. Then he went to the MLB combine and performed very well.  Couple that with being a 6'4/6'5 middle INF and can hit with power from the left side.... multiple teams were crazy about him.  

AD said Mets and White Sox were the teams they thought would draft him and... well.. the Sox did.  

I can give you his phone number and email, if you want.  Your guess was correct, congrats. 

Wish CM nothing but the best. Part of the beast in D1 baseball. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Idk know what else to tell you. When Colsen committed to IU, he was 100% set on attending IU. He blew up last summer at some tourneys, showcases, and invites. Then he went to the MLB combine and performed very well.  Couple that with being a 6'4/6'5 middle INF and can hit with power from the left side.... multiple teams were crazy about him.  

AD said Mets and White Sox were the teams they thought would draft him and... well.. the Sox did.  

I can give you his phone number and email, if you want.  Your guess was correct, congrats. 

https://www.soxmachine.com/2021/07/11/white-sox-select-colson-montgomery-in-first-round-of-2021-mlb-draft/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Like I said before, he was 100% set on attending IU because he hadn't been drafted yet. So long as he didn't completely flop, he was going to go in the top 3 rounds. Perform well, and 1st round is definitely there.

I don't need the AD's phone number and email, thanks though. You can call it a guess all you want.

Edited by ephul

8 minutes ago, ephul said:

Like I said before, he was 100% set on attending IU because he hadn't been drafted yet. So long as he didn't completely flop, he was going to go in the top 3 rounds. Perform well, and 1st round is definitely there.

I don't need the AD's phone number and email, thanks though. You can call it a guess all you want.

Again.  I told you the truth of it. I have no idea what you're trying to prove. You had zero inside info, you guessed. Jesus. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I saw an article that said Colson will be listed the number one prospect in the White Sox system.  That’s impressive coming right out of the chute.  

Hopefully he’s the next Scott Rolen.  I see a left handed, power hitting third-baseman in his future.  

Mods, now that he’s a first round baseball pick, I have no problem if you want to move this to the baseball forum.  I wanted to point out his status and this seemed to be the best thread.  I don’t mind either way but I know some people like things very regimented.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I saw an article that said Colson will be listed the number one prospect in the White Sox system.  That’s impressive coming right out of the chute.  

Hopefully he’s the next Scott Rolen.  I see a left handed, power hitting third-baseman in his future.  

Mods, now that he’s a first round baseball pick, I have no problem if you want to move this to the baseball forum.  I wanted to point out his status and this seemed to be the best thread.  I don’t mind either way but I know some people like things very regimented.  

Saw this piece this morning:

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb-draft-2021-four-teams-including-rangers-and-red-sox-who-picked-their-new-no-1-prospect/

• Like 1

• 2 years later...