Next Win And

Indy1987

do we beat last years 16-15 mark?  We are sitting at 13-11.  We look to be favored in one game and that's questionable at this point.

At Minny?

Purdue?

At Iowa?

Wiscy?

MSU?

At Illinois?

Rutgers?

I say we beat Rutgers.  Finish at 14-16.   BTT is our only hope.  SMH

Go Hoosiers!!!

We all know, what we think this team needs for next year. I am sure no one knows it better then Archie. The truth is only Archie can fix it he is the one recruiting not us. All we can do is maybe scare some of his recruits, but really if a recruit is put off my what is being said in a forum then do we really want that thin skinned young man. I think not. So let’s ask what could be some realistic goals for this year. NCAA tournament, I think that’s a long shot. NIT yes and if that’s what is out there for us we should go this year. The extra games may do some good for some of the younger guys. My hope is we can win 4 more games. That would give us more wins then last year. It’s small but it would be improvement. Will always be a Hoosier Fan! 

17 hours ago, Bob said:

We all know, what we think this team needs for next year. I am sure no one knows it better then Archie. The truth is only Archie can fix it he is the one recruiting not us. All we can do is maybe scare some of his recruits, but really if a recruit is put off my what is being said in a forum then do we really want that thin skinned young man. I think not. So let’s ask what could be some realistic goals for this year. NCAA tournament, I think that’s a long shot. NIT yes and if that’s what is out there for us we should go this year. The extra games may do some good for some of the younger guys. My hope is we can win 4 more games. That would give us more wins then last year. It’s small but it would be improvement. Will always be a Hoosier Fan! 

Do you honestly think we can win 4 more games?  I am not being sarcastic or picking a fight.  I really want to know who you think we beat to get 4 more win.  Because if we get to 17 wins, we are getting int he tourney.

33 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Do you honestly think we can win 4 more games?  I am not being sarcastic or picking a fight.  I really want to know who you think we beat to get 4 more win.  Because if we get to 17 wins, we are getting int he tourney.

It's possible but not probable IMO. 

Home against Turdue, Wisky, MSU, and Rutgers. Would expect to win 1 of those and it is possible to win 2 or 3 (Turdue is a rivalry game so anything can happen, and we already did the improbable and beat MSU, so beating them again or Wisky could happen unexpectedly).

At MN, IA, IL. Would expect to win 1 of those by getting a split from MN/IL. Possible to win 2. 

Probable to win 2 more games this year, possible to win 5. Split the difference is 3.5, rounds up to 4! (I really don't see it happening unless this team really changes its identity which this late in the year seems highly unlikely).

40 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I don’t think 17 wins is getting us in.

8 minutes ago, cybergates said:

It's possible but not probable IMO. 

Home against Turdue, Wisky, MSU, and Rutgers. Would expect to win 1 of those and it is possible to win 2 or 3 (Turdue is a rivalry game so anything can happen, and we already did the improbable and beat MSU, so beating them again or Wisky could happen unexpectedly).

At MN, IA, IL. Would expect to win 1 of those by getting a split from MN/IL. Possible to win 2. 

Probable to win 2 more games this year, possible to win 5. Split the difference is 3.5, rounds up to 4! (I really don't see it happening unless this team really changes its identity which this late in the year seems highly unlikely).

hmm,

I just don't see it.  This team has lost 4 straight at home and none of those were of the caliber of PU, MSU, or WISC.  I could see maybe stealing 1 on the road but very unlikely.  If we win 2 more games i would be extremely surprised.

3 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

As of yesterday even with the home loss to OSU, we were still in.  If we win 17 games, i think we are in.  As long as MSU, MU, and Louisville continue to win

I saw us as one the first 4 out in most bracket projections after the loss to OSU.  How many teams have made the tourney with 17 wins in the last decade?  I don’t think our 3 good wins are that strong... We need 18 to have a chance.

Just now, FW_Hoosier said:

I saw us as one the first 4 out in most bracket projections after the loss to OSU.  How many teams have made the tourney with 17 wins in the last decade?  I don’t think our 3 good wins are that strong... We need 18 to have a chance.

Not saying you're wrong, but we are the only team with 3 wins against top 15 teams.  Obviously that can change but if one of those 4 wins comes from Wisc, MUS, or Purdue, then who knows. 

3 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Not saying you're wrong, but we are the only team with 3 wins against top 15 teams.  Obviously that can change but if one of those 4 wins comes from Wisc, MUS, or Purdue, then who knows. 

Regardless, the more relevant discussion right now is whether we’re going to turn down another NIT home game...

Archived