Changes to the Starting Lineup

I’m fine with Green starting.  We all have hoped that he’d find consistency at long last.  While that hasn’t happened, he can give us some juice.  

My one tweak would be that we can run everything through Romeo and to a lesser extent Durham.  Green to me is a shooting guard trapped in a point guard’s body.  

6 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I’m not sure about that.  Greens a better scorer but he also turns it over at an incredible rate.  It all depends on which Green we get actually.

Very true.  I'm not saying he that he won't end up back on the bench at the 18:00 mark...🤣🤣🤣

Green is definitely risk/reward with a higher TO%, but he also has a higher assist rate, higher EFG%, higher steal %, and he shoots 3s better.

1 minute ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Very true.  I'm not saying he that he won't end up back on the bench at the 18:00 mark...🤣🤣🤣

Green is definitely risk/reward with a higher TO%, but he also has a higher assist rate, higher EFG%, higher steal %, and he shoots 3s better.

I can agree with that.  The first part I got a chuckle out of! 😂

2 minutes ago, rico said:

I would go big if you are gonna sit Rob down.

PG....Al

SG....Romeo

SF.....Juwan

PF.....De'Ron

C......Clif

Green is not the guy to run the offense.

Interesting going with Clif.  It seems like Jake has passed him in the rotation but that one seems close.  I'm guessing we'll see one of them against Minnesota given their length.

4 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Interesting going with Clif.  It seems like Jake has passed him in the rotation but that one seems close.  I'm guessing we'll see one of them against Minnesota given their length.

TBH, TDH.....my theory is if other teams are gonna pack the paint on defense, we pack the paint with bigs.

49 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I’m not sure about that.  Greens a better scorer but he also turns it over at an incredible rate.  It all depends on which Green we get actually.

Yea, but as has been mentioned, Green does things (positively) that no one else on the team outside of Romeo and Juwan can/will do. I'm just of the opinion you have to live with the bad stuff from Green because of his play making ability, and at the end of the day, hope he did more good than bad.

I know this isn't a popular opinion 🤣

A more aggressive RP, and I could have my mind changed.

3 minutes ago, cohete15 said:

Yea, but as has been mentioned, Green does things (positively) that no one else on the team outside of Romeo and Juwan can/will do. I'm just of the opinion you have to live with the bad stuff from Green because of his play making ability, and at the end of the day, hope he did more good than bad.

I know this isn't a popular opinion 🤣

A more aggressive RP, and I could have my mind changed.

Exactly.  Cassius Winston had a 9 TO game recently.  It happens.  But we need playmakers.  We just need to turn DG loose.....Green Light as his Twitter profile says.

7 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

That was just for you.  Thought about the Mile High State native.  Maybe next time.

Thanks.  Been watching him since 8th grade.  Former Mr. Basketball from the Centennial State.  So pleased to finally see the recognition he so richly deserves.  He may be from Colorado.  But De'Ron has the Heart of a Hoosier. 

With the players we currently have available, I would replace Smith with Davis in the starting lineup. De’Ron is good until the TV timeout at least. I think he is capable of 5 on 5 off. Plus, maybe some time on the pine will help Justin be more assertive sooner. Works for Forrester and Moore. They come in like tightly wound rubber bands.

I like Al, but he just isn’t the PG type. If I’m the opposing team and see him at point, I’m going full press. Blitz style. Al and Rob on the floor together at times is what I like to see not only for their offensive potential but also high energy defense. 

Devonte is best off the bench IMO. Sort of a preventative measure. Short spurts with this guy in a shooting role to hopefully get 10-12 pts per game. He can create a times but we have all seen what can happen if he tries to do too much. His shake and bake is out of control still yet in year 3. I’m also thinking the short spurts might also create a spark of energy defensively. Maybe I’m just being hopeful.

This year is beyond bust. There is still plenty of time to build for the future though. Getting Rob experience is going to be key going forward. He is going to be here 4 years. He has a very high IQ on the floor. He isn’t always the most assertive offensively but that’s to be expected really considering he is learning the ropes as a first year player. But, that’s really his only fault. I see lots of potential in Rob. 

IMO, Rob is very much the right guy to lead the squad. The question is, when will he step up. If I’m Coach Miller, I’m pushing him to be that guy. 

By the way, I literally just got back to Bloomington from Daytona. I kinda missed you all just a little.

Archived